Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ha, would ya look at him!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,070 ✭✭✭✭beertons

8km during the first half of the rugby. What am I gonna watch now. Started off slow, 7.5km/hr, finished off the last 500m @15.5km/hr. I probably could have gone faster, but it was still a fair click. One of the gym employees came over to see if I was ok, I just said I wanted the second half to begin already.

Total km : 662

Still tipping away at the gym, no real effort put into running the past 3 weeks. Give ya's a bit of a laugh though. Went into the pool area after some weights, thought there was more people around than normal. Carried on and dived into the pool. I still had my glasses on. Usually I never see who's in the place, coz im blind. Woops.

Bonjourno. I'm back. After tipping away with the gym, weights and what not, I decided to venture out onto the footpaths again. Had no interest in keeping up running if I hadn't a goal run in mind. Camp Trail run, 10 miles, June 25th. Went slow, walked when I was wrecked, then jogged again. Gone from the house 70 mins. No idea of distance as I have no idea where I hid the watch. How bad.

I'll get back to snooping on everyone's logs later. As not to start spamming them all, well done on all your recent races.

11km tonight. A lot slower as the body was shocked at being back out again. Did 2 loops of hilly routes.

Well. Took Saturday off, family time. Back out this evening towards punchestown, the rugby club and home. 14km@6.30/km.

• Advertisement

8km, 55 mins.

Right. Goal run in mind, the trail run was cancelled and replaced with a 40 miler. Yeah right. Bought new runners, brooks ghost something. Red ones. Still in the gym, been doing a lot of canoeing lately. Will add recovery runs the day after my long runs now, and not run for the sake of adding on distance. So Tuesday's and Thursday's, 10km with strides. Long run sat and recovery of no more than 5km on Sunday.

Diet is good, I'm off sugar. Still smoking though, will look at it after a stag next weekend.

Back out. Ran for an hour, slowly. 3 days off the smokes, using patches. Feel good, could have probably ran a bit more but don't want to vex things.

Must get Vaseline, legs are very sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Good luck with the fags. Best performance enhancement you can do. Stick with it!

• Advertisement

Cheers Murph.

Flat to the mat all day, didn't get dinner till 630, so missed my run tonight. Wont get out the weekend either. Mrs beer is away on a hen, I'm minding the offspring, and have 3 ton of logs coming on sat morning. Need to be wheel barrowed out the back, then stacked. I'll be wrecked. See ya Tuesday!

For those that are still subscribed to this thread, you either still had hope for me, or just forgot to follow. I'm going with the first one. For those who haven't seen me before, allow me to shorten the thread. Or, just skip down to the bottom.

The year before last, 2015, I signed up for the marathon. On the day, I thought I just had to show up. The gang I run with started off a bit quicker than our training runs, and I was playing catch up forever. Lost them by Phoenix park, deflated, and was walking by Kimmage. The dream ended at 28km.

Took the defeat bad, the only race I've pulled out of. Kinda got depressed, on uppers for it now though. Then a whole clatter of things started happening to me. I got bells palsy, I never heard of it either. A clever lad would have used this to his advantage and played in a few poker games and cleaned up, I had no expressions, but I did a few facial exercises while looking in the mirror, and I'm pretty much back to normal.

I've been going to the gym for over a year now, cross trainer, weights, and finish it up in the sauna. How bad. Unfortunately the belly is still there, the only way apart from diet that will go is running. Said I'd go back out while the evening's were still dark and no one would see me!

5km in and around 40 mins. No watch, no phone. Feel good.

9km in 61 mins. Took a wrong turn somewhere, I had only planned on 6. Straight to the sauna after, heaven.

Total km 14

No run Saturday as I was out for pints in Friday. A bit tired today, so skipping tonight too. Might try make amends in the gym when the small one is in preschool.

Had to change my run days, Tuesday's and Thursday's just weren't happening. Took me a few months to figure that out, and to convince the woman to swap days with me.

6km tonight. Forgot the vaseline.

7.5 tonight.

I was out canoeing areir, first of the year, and capsized. Popped out and back to shore, I then realised my glasses were gone. Should have worn the sunglasses as they are quite tight, but I thought it was a bit dark, 8pm, sun kinda gone. And do you think I can find my spare set. Watching the telly now with the lights on full blast, and my sunglasses.

Times aren't important to me any more. Spend longer on the legs.

Took Saturday off due to babysitter hungover.

Monday am, weights.
    Pm, 6km.

I completely forgot yesterday was Wednesday, and missed my run. So went to the gym today, weights and my second spin class. Holy crap, I forgot what the first one felt like, it's been that long.

Back out Saturday morning.

I was begged not to go out yesterday, sick babysitter, head cold job, so I passed on the slow run. Hit the gym at 3 bells. 30 mins on the cross trainer, watching the northy gaa match. Mad for lifting after watching all that roudiness.

Home by 530.

Advertisement