Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ha, would ya look at him!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,070 ✭✭✭✭beertons

11.5 in 1:05. More hills. I'm going to take it off road next week, there's a forest out towards blessington, will park up and do a loop. Hit a good pace tonight, was running with a deaf guy, and sure there was no asking him to slow down!

Total km : 443

14.5 in 1:30. Same route as last Saturday. On my own so think I did quiet well.

Total km : 457.5

12.5km in 1:07. Very fast night. Ran with my neighbour, a former Olympian. Let her off at 8km, it was around 40 minutes. She missed the run on Saturday, so was mad for speed. She finished up with 10km, so I don't think I did too bad, adding an extra loop.

Total km : 470

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

beertons wrote: »
    12.5km in 1:07. Very fast night. Ran with my neighbour, a former Olympian. Let her off at 8km, it was around 40 minutes. She missed the run on Saturday, so was mad for speed. She finished up with 10km, so I don't think I did too bad, adding an extra loop.

Total km : 470
    Who?

Julie o hagan. She competed for GB.

• Advertisement

12km in 1:07. Hit the easy hills tonight. They weren't too much of a struggle. The girl above never caught me, I had a 5 minute head start . Where I'm elated, she's fuming. Wohoo.

Total km : 482

16km in 1:41. Wrecked. Overdressed. New route, more hills. Ended up on my own, all the others cried off 'coz of the rain. It was actually quiet cooling.

Total km : 498

Feel great today after my double digit run yesterday. Someone mentioned it to me before, 10 miles/16km. I am going to try keep my runs at 14km+ during the week and more at the weekend. I have a trail run at the end of June, have the option of a 10km or half marathon a week later at Brandon(I'm on holidays down there). Might just leave it to the 10 though. That brings me up to August. Would that give me enough time for DCM?

16km in 1:31. Same route as Saturday. Up ya boy ya. Felt great. Julie actually slowed me down tonight, we could have knocked another 5 minut off that time, but for her stopping with an injury.

Broke 500km for the year too!

Total km : 514

12.5km in 1:12. Slow and steady tonight. I was pretty wrecked from the last 2 runs I think.

Total km : 526.5

• Advertisement

17.5 in 1:43. So hot out at 730. One of the lads had a water station out for us, thanks be to God. I'd say we would have got a sup somewhere on route though. I miss those old green water pumps that were scattered about the place.

Total km : 544

13.5km in 1:10. Took it handy at the start, hit a few 6's, got it up to 5:10-5:30, and for the last 2km I think i was going 4 minutes per km. Don't know where I pulled the energy from at the end. Feel great now though.

Total km : 557.5

10.5km in 52 mins. Good pace tonight, meant to go slow, but the deaf guy I was running with had other idea's. At 8km he pulled up with a sore hamstring, but waved me on. I can't sign, so ran on. Well apart from thumbs up.

Total km : 568

19.5km in 1:54. Complete nightmare before bed, my watch wouldn't turn on. Did a google on the make, and gave it the kiss of life, rebooted it. Phew. I use my watch a lot to keep an eye on the tempo. Anything over 6min/km, too slow. Grand for getting your breath back, that's it. I had hoped for rain, for a bit of cooling down, didn't so much as get a splash from a puddle. And my dinner, 14oz steak, from last night was moving around a bit too much too. Won't do that again, but it was my dad's birthday. There was 2 behind me going moo moo moo when I had slowed a bit, the divils. 3 weeks till Camp trail run, I should be changing courses ASAP.

Total km : 587.5

14km in 1:15. No messing tonight. Even managed a few km's at 4:30 pace.

Total km : 601.5

11km in 59 mins. Very tired, put the boot down as best I could for the last one.

Total km : 612.5

21km in 2 hours dead. Didn't have another one in me. Good run.

Total km : 633.5

16.5km in 1:31. My neighbour kept pushing me, I was tailing her tbh from 4-12, then she pulled up with a niggley knee.

Total km : 650

11km in 1:04. I really feel the few extra km's from Tuesdays. Legs are stiffer. Or heavier. But I really notice a difference in my speed. 2 others have said it to me.

Total km : 661

18.5km in 1:45. Finally did the hilly punchestown route. Not too shabby, I thought it would have been worse.

Total km : 679.5

• Advertisement

16.5km in 1:31. Good run, good pace. No niggles. A nice base hopefully set up for Saturday morning.

Total km : 696

Camp Trail run completed. 16km in 1:36. One savage climb, I must have been walking for nearly 20 minutes. Made up great time on the way down. Delighted to have done it now. Next goal, rock and roll half. I'm sticking to the flatter routes for a while.

Total km : 712

13.5km in 1:20. That must have been the warmest, the car temp said it was 22. All flat, and no water stations. I thought I kept it @5.30/km, must have lost time somewhere. I

Total km : 725.5

Took Thursday off, I was wrecked. Driving down to Kerry in the morning on my hols, will still try get out for 3 runs. I'm staying on the route of the camp trail run, will give it another go or 2.

6km in 37 mins. All hills. Was going to chance the trail run again, in hindsight I should have. The ring I did was too short. Might keep it on the roads and do it 2/3 times on Tuesday.

Total km : 731.5

The ring I'm running around is a killer. Basically up and down, no flat anywhere. I've done it twice again, 6.5km in both 36.5 mins and 36 mins. It's not easy on the legs at all. At least I'm getting gradually faster.

Total km : 744.5

Didn't go faster tonight, and really thought I pushed myself. The joys of running on my own I suppose. 6.5km in 36 mins.

Total km : 751

A slow 6.5km in 38mins. I'll be glad to be back to Naas. Flatter routes. I suppose if I drove ok bro Tralee, I could have ran on loads of paths.

Total km : 757.5

10.5km in 1:08. God I was wrecked. And I thought the holiday running would have stood to me. Distance killed me tonight.

Total km : 768

• Advertisement

11km in 1:05. Better. I have never sweated so much in my life. I'll slow the pace down more on Saturday morning.

Total km : 779

Advertisement