Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ha, would ya look at him!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Only got 5k done tonight. My knee/ankle felt funny so I turned home early.

Total km : 176.5

Nearly 2 weeks since my last run. Went to physio, had a tight tendon in my foot. Feels fine now. Will chance a slow 5k tomorrow. Will be wearing the insoles for the first time running, and don't want to stray too far from the car.

6.5k. Great to be back out. Didn't notice the insoles at all when I got moving. Very happy. Knee/foot feels great, although that might just be my adrenalin going mad. Will know more tomorrow.

Total km : 183

6.5k in 33 mins tonight. Went a bit faster than planned.

Total km : 189.5

16.5 in 1:50. Didn't mean to go that far, took a wrong turn. Walked from 12-15, and ran in the rest. Forgot what it was like to be out for that long.

Total km: 207

• Advertisement

12k tonight in 1:01. Faster pace tonight, was runner with an army guy and he was mad for speed. I let him off after 5, I caught up with him again. Be it a second wind or he's only back running 2 weeks, got a great feeling when I saw him anyway.

Total km : 219

Just 6km tonight. Legs were tired, glad it was short.

Total km : 225

13k this morning in 1:15. Think I'm used to the insoles now, but will have to start using my psoriasis creams again, can feel niggles in my knee.

Total km : 238

10k in 56 mins. Nice night, couldn't keep up with the faster ones, who got in at 49 mins.

Total km : 248

Only managed 3km last night. Sore knee.

Total km : 251

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Hi,
    Just wondering do you follow a specific plan?

Finnt wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering do you follow a specific plan?

I follow the others! Run around the town, various routes, 10km on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And stretch out the distance on Saturday mornings, with a slower pace. Under 20km for now anyway.

7km in 39 mins tonight. Felt great to be back, man the evenings have got a lot warmer. I've been using the foam roller for the last 2 weeks, trying to strengthen my leg and iron out the niggles.

Total km : 258

11km tonight in 1:03.

Total km : 269

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Any races coming up?

Still hopeful on the wexford hm in 2 weeks. I've paid for it, so might as well go for it. My fittness and stamina are there, just have to mind the legs.

16km in 1:42. Probably went a bit faster than planned. Nice morning, a good few out too. Body feels good. Every house I passed this morning , there was a smell of sausages. Heading to the rds now, I'm going to murder a fry.

Total km : 285

8km tonight in 46 mins. Be if them nights where you could keep on going. If we had a drop of water with us, we probably would.

Total km : 293

10km in 55 mins. Started off easy enough, was hitting 1km/6mins. All going well. 7km, a another girl caught up so I said I'd go with her. Put the boot down. Didn't go mad as we were talking a bit. Good night all the same.

Total km : 303

15k in 1:22. Beautiful morning. Hit the hills of punchestown, out to Johnstown and back into Naas. Legs and body feel great. Roll on Wexford.

Total km : 318

• Advertisement

A slow 10k tonight in 60 mins.

Total km : 328

8.5 tonight in 50 mins. Better get used to running in the heat again.

Total km : 336.5

Hm done in 1:59:18. Went out too fast, should have stuck with the 2 hour packers for the first half, settled in a pace then tried to blow on a bit. Didn't expect it to be so warm, will add more hills to the training. Not too shabby, considering I've been poxed with one thing or another the past few months. Going to take it handy now for the next week. And decide on my next goal.

Total km : 357.5

10k tonight in 55 mins. Body feels great. Which obviously means I could have gone harder on Sunday. Ha. Next time.

Total km : 367.5

13km in 1:20. Haven't found a good pace yet that I am happy with. Ideally I want to be at 5:30/km. I'll get there soon I suppose.

Total km : 380.5

11.5km in 1:09. Dressed for rain, and the sun came out when I got out of the car. Settled into a nice pace. Happy enough with tonight.

Total km : 392

13km in 1:12. I was actually feeling a bit sick before we ran so started off slow enough. After 3km, I blew on. Tried to keep it as close to 5min/km as I could. Met my mam and sister out walking, they live 10 miles away, was a bit shocked to see them, and my sis roared 'move it chonky'. While I got a bit of a g up from it, she's off my Christmas card list now. B1tch.

Total km : 405

14.5km in 1:24. Hills. Would have been worse if I ran the route in reverse, but good to get out. Might do that next week.

Total km : 419.5

12km in 1:06. Good night. Jeez, I'm never going to break 10km in 50 mins. Got in 6 hills, 4 of them were tough enough. Tough at the pace anyway.

Total km : 431.5

• Advertisement

Signed up for Camp Trail run on June 28th. 16 km. I have free board with the in laws, so said I would give it a shot.

Advertisement