Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ha, would ya look at him!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,070 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm back. Couldn't hack the resting, and all the cream eggs. I'm pretty much cured as well. Can pucker my lips together, and do a wolf whistle. Couldn't do that last Monday.

5.5km done. It took just under 40 mins, but it's great to be back out.

Total km : 245.5

10km. Did a bit of walking in the middle. Took a wrong turn, forgot the route, so was a bit longer than planned. I didn't think I'd be this bad.

*damn you cream eggs

Total km : 255.5

7km on a full belly. Glad I got out.

Total km : 262.5

Had a slight mishap in the car on route to naas park run in Saturday, resulting in a blow out, 2 wishbones and a cv joint needing to be replaced. Got thick, and never went out.

Tonight, I did 6km in 36 mins.

Total km : 268.5

9.5km in 54 mins. Felt better than areir. There was talk of a small Clongowes run in Sunday week. Maybe.

Total km : 278

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Any upcoming races beertons

I'm as slow as a wet week at the moment John. I was thinkng of using parkrun or the pop up races to speed me up. A few want to go do the wexford half again, think it's the end of April. Might be a bit soon for me, don't want to rush things. How about you?

10km in 55 mins. Lovely night out. But I'm wrecked.

Total km : 288.

10km. No time, as my watch is fecked. Bought a new one on adverts though, so normal service resumed next week.

Total km : 298

7.5km in 47 mins. Hooked up with a couch to 5km group. Well they're finished it this week. Borrowed a watch for tonight, picking up a forerunner 205 tomorrow. Nice run though, lovely night.

meant to add, that I tipped on with one of them. He's well able for it, and he sprint finished too.

Total km : 305.5

• Advertisement

10km, 55 mins. Met my speedy buddy tonight, kicked on a bit. Felt really good. Nice to see I'm getting back to where I was.

Total km : 315.5

Just ordered The Science of Running. Hope it's in Km's and not miles!

10.5 km in 1:04. Slow run.

Total km : 326

11.5km in 1:02. Went quick tonight. Missed Saturday's long run, then I missed a 5km in Clongowes. Made up for it. No issues with tiredness. And the girl I ran with talked for Ireland.

Total km : 337.5

Got the book too, so will start reading it tonight. It's all in miles too. I'll have my calculator out.

10km in 1 hour dead. 2 layers was too much.

The book is in miles. Doh.

Total km : 347.5

13.5km in 1:26. Found it very tough. I was just wrecked.

Total km : 361

3.5km in 28mins. Down in Youghal for a few days. Short run on the beach. The heat.

Total km : 364.5

11.5km in 1:04. Home from the hols. Great run. My knees are sore, all my psoriasis cracked and peeled from the pool or sauna. Damn sore now. You kinda have to have psoriasis to know what I mean. I trugged on though. Lovely night.

I should probably should look at a race. For the craic.

Total km : 376

8.5km in 51 mins. Short, slow, very hot. I tell a crap story compared to others.

Total km : 384.5

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Fair play beertons, you're sticking to it and you've slowed down. Looks like you could do with a bit of structure though at this stage. Have you checked out the likes of the Clearlier plan elsewhere on this forum? Might do you good to start mixing in one faster session a week, plus a longer run at the weekend?

• Advertisement

I'm on Xanax at the mo Murph, hence my slow pace. The doc said I was ok to run this morning, felt good to be allowed out tbh. I'm not really built for speed, happy enough plodding along for now. I tried interval training with a few I run with, but it just killed me. Had to walk it off for a few minutes, then continue running on my own. These guys win prizes at 5km races, I'm happy enough to get a fizzy drink in the goodie bag. Thanks for the advice though, I might give it another go in a month when I'm feeling better/fitter.

2 races on the horizon, Camp trail run and Brandon hm. I'll be down that neck of the woods for both. Might do a 10km in May too.

What's the Clearlier plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

It's in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057322983&page=1

In retrospect it's aimed at marathon grads so not all of it will suit you but you might find some ideas there for some shorter speed sessions.

9.5km in 54 mins. Nice pace. Nothing left in the tank.

Will try get to a parkrun this weekend and see what time I can get in.

Total km : 395

5km Naas park run done. Watch didn't start on time, so I did it in around 24 mins. The finish was more forgiving, at the bottom of the hill. I misjudged it though and slowed down my pace too soon. Started a bit fast, and got slower. Such is life.

Got my time, 25:07. Exactly a minute slower than my first one. Ooops.

Total km : 400

12km in 1:08. Ran with my neighbour, the one who is mad for speed. Held her back a bit anyway. Lovely night, great run. Fooked.

Had a cold brewing on Friday/Saturday, that's cleared up now.

Total km : 412

9km in 52. Went out on my own. Good run.

Total km : 421

7km. No time. Hit a blip there on Saturday, caught cellulitis on my face. 11 hours in tallaght hospital, 2 drips later, and I was home. Course of 1000mg of penicillin, 4 times a day. On top of my Bell's palsy 2 months ago, I'm on anxiety tablets the past 2 weeks too. Talk about falling apart!

I use wanted to get out for air tonight. Might do the same on Thursday. Wanted to do Terenure 5 mile, but we'll see how I feel.

Total km : 428

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Ur having a tough old time lately beertons. Keep the head up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Beertons, if I were to say one thing to you it would be, 'stop timing every run'.

Good luck, keep at it.

But stop timing every run!!

Advertisement