Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ha, would ya look at him!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,070 ✭✭✭✭beertons

10km, 59 mins. Wasn't really feeling it tonight.

Total km : 1166

34km in 3:20. Blew up at 26, but gave it another go. Bit of soul searching and reflecting.

Total km : 1200

14km in 1:19. Beautiful night, great run. Didn't feel rushed at all. Much better than Saturday morning anyway.

Total km : 1214

10.5km in 56 mins. That was one of those nights where you would have went on and on. No one wanted to go with me, so I left it. Not too fast.

Total km : 1224.5

21.5km in 2:09. Wrecked. Didn't have any more in me.

Total km : 1245

• Advertisement

Had a good time at Pilates yesterday. I was doing a lower spine stretch, where I have to raise my feet up and point them beyond my head.I'm 9 weeks at it now, my instructor held on to my feet/legs in the beginning, such was my fear of the reformer machine. Anyway, I opened my eyes doing the moves yesterday, and saw I was hands free. She said I've been like that for 2 weeks now. Great stretch it was too.

Was a great feeling to see that I've been doing all those moves myself. Now, if I could close my eyes on chesterfield avenue, open them up and be on roebuck road, that'd be deadly.

One an dream!!

Eyes open, back to reality. 10km in 57 mins. Wore a base layer, was roasting from 2km. Typical. Good night though, put me back in a good mood.

Total km : 1255

10km in 59 mins. Struggling a bit tonight, think I am getting a cold. Great timing, ffs.

Total km : 1265

10km in 60 mins. Wasn't in the mood for 20km, so cut it short. Bath, lemsip and uniflu.

Total km : 1275

Had my last Pilates class earlier. Was just stretching the legs, hips, feet. Will continue to do some during the week, as I'm taking the week off from runing. Well maybe just a short run. Can't get my head around Monday.

• Advertisement

The head is better after today. Picked up the race pack, spoke to a few others. Number 9270. Not going to panic over a pace, just going to enjoy myself. Roll on Monday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks a mill man.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Best of luck and enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Best of luck fcukface! See ya around the course!

Best of luck fcukface! See ya around the course!

Lol. You too. Not wearing glasses, so be on the lookout for a guy in a yellow vest, who probably should have covered up a bit more. Or so a cyclist told me 2 weeks ago. I'm thinking of going for a truck licence just for that pr1ck, but that's for another day!

Reluctantly retired after 28km. My left foot was sore when we're going into the park. I lost the girls I was running with, and by the time I got to half, I was down to a walk. Great day though, super atmosphere.

Now to go home and have my foot assessed by herself.

Big thanks to everyone who came out to cheers. To the pacers, yee were great craic. And to all the others runners, well done.

Saw a great sign in the park, Even humpty dumpty had wall issues!

I'm back. Did 10km tonight in 54:40. Got the first 5km done in 24:58, I'd consider that quiet fast for my standards. Did a bit of walking to get me back to the car, but felt great to be back out.

The marathon dream is behind me. I tried. I dunno if I want to try again. Shorter, faster, don't want to be out longer than 2 hours again anyway. Got great encouragement from the few who were out tonight, good to see me back, jeez you were flying.

Total km : 1312

6km in 32 mins tonight. Wasn't feeling it tonight.

Total km : 1318

11km, 58 mins. Much better.

Total km : 1329

• Advertisement

8km, 43 mins. Talked Alot of rubbish tonight.

Total km : 1337

11.5km in 1:05. Jesus my nipples could cut glass.

Total km : 1348.5

13.5km in 1:17. Gave it a good go tonight. Really noticing the difference dropping the run on Thursday. Might change that next year, and sign up for a race.

Total km : 1362

10km in 55 mins. Was I mad in that rain?

Total km : 1372

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

beertons wrote: »
    Was I mad in that rain?

Nah, sure that'd mean we're all mad ;)

10.5km in 60 mins. Well that was hot. That ends my year of running. I'll have a few days of over eating and drinking, and do up a few plans for next year. Highs, lows, and goals.

Total km : 1382.5

Eating done, can't drink anymore either. Thank god, I've slowed up in a week. Damn ham/pulled pork.

Highs, every run over 2.5 hours were great for me. The few races I completed aswell.
    Low, the only race I didn't complete, DCM.
    Goals, this is going to get my love of running back hopefully. Setting a target of running 1 timed race a month. Not including parkrun. I'd like to get my 10km down to 47(pb 50:04) and my hm under 1:50(pb 153:53). I'll work on speed work too, will do the Naas parkrun once a month. I have a few friends that do it, try to beat them I suppose.

11km tonight in 1:04. Think I was the slowest Turkey in the town tonight, even the women in heels seemed to be going faster. I'm not jumping on the scales, I know I'm a bit bigger than last year.

Total km 2015 : 11

16km in 1:33. Happy days.

Total km : 27

11km in 1:01. Legs felt heavy today after Saturday. I'll get used to it, hopefully. Didn't eat well today, felt a bit bloated too. Got it done though.

Total km : 38

• Advertisement

10.5km in 1:10. Nice night, pace grand. Legs a bit tired from yesterday. I'll be more used to it next week.

Total km : 48.5

Advertisement