Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ha, would ya look at him!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,070 ✭✭✭✭beertons

17.5km in 1:40. Hot hot. And had a swarm of flies all over me till I got to the far side of punchestown. Water station at 10km. My neighbour Julie kept pushing me to go faster, I wasn't able to though.

Total km : 796.5

Met a couple out on a run just beside our estate, our pace matched up for a while. I've seen him out loads of times. His name is Philip and he's a 2:40 marathon runner, out training for Berlin at the moment. Think he said he runs with Donore. Someone on here probably knows him anyway. Nice guy.

10.5km in 57 mins. Ran on my own, no talking, felt great.

Total km : 807

Ding ding. I'm back. Rock n roll hm done today in 1:56:13. Good run I thought. Went out in the second wave with the 1:45 pacer, and tried to stick it out as long as I could. I had to walk 3 times as I was completely fooked. Had absolutely nothing left for the last km, there wasn't a fear of me bursting into a sprint.

Total km : 828

10.5km in 59 mins. Took a few days rest, had a sore foot from the race. Unfortunately I ate like a pig during those rest days. Plan now is eat/drink clean, vitamins and fish oil every day. See what I'm like in a month, then decide on DCM. It'd be easier to do if I was lighter. Going to start reformer Pilates also, for my core and to give the muscles a good stretch.

Total km : 838.5

7km, 50 mins. Was wrecked, out at a party areir, not drinking, but stayed up too late.

Total km : 845.5

• Advertisement

13km in 1:12. Felt great tonight. My posture was much better, down to the pilates I started yesterday. Legs and core work for an hour.
    Oh, and I got new runners too, Brooks ghost 7. I like them.

Total km : 858.5

10.5km in 56 mins. Gave it a few bursts of speed going around. Could have gone a bit further, but have a long one planned for Saturday.

Total km : 869

26km in 2:33. Shocked the body this morning. There was an ice bath waiting for me when I got home. Legs never felt like this before. Found the last 500m really tough, a really nice run overall.

Total km : 895

16.5km in 1:32. Great run, really good tonight. The last 3 were tough, but feel good now, after a bowl of coco pops.

Another hour on the pilates machine yesterday. Posture is definitely better when running. I like the stretching too. Ok, so some bits are a killer.

Total km : 911.5

11.5km in 1:05. Was meant to be a gentle run, but a few of the big guns returned to group tonight. We ended up running down to the town hall, and do the route of the Naas 10k, with a run back to the car as a warm down. Windy night, did the 10 in 56 mins, which isn't too bad I suppose.I still finished 10 minutes behind the main group. It's after getting very dark, very quickly. 2 of us nearly went flying over a black German Shepard, didn't see it till the last second, when we both hit the grass . Phew.

Total km : 923

• Advertisement

26km in 2:39. I had 3 water drops out and they were all needed. First morning of leaky nipples too. One of the girls said I have to start wearing a bra. B1tch. Same run as last Saturday, similar time, so happy with that.

Total km : 949

16.5km in 1:29. Fast night I thought. Same route as last Tuesday, but only 3 minutes quicker. A new guy joined the group tonight and one of the others took after him. I did my best to keep with them, till I heard him say 3:09. It was after 8, and it wasn't when the kids get out of school. I let them off, with their 4:30/km, and settled back to 5:?/km.

Will see what the body is like in another month before I sign up for Dublin.

Total km : 965.5

10.5km in 1hour. Some heat still, went nice and slow.

Total km : 976

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

beertons wrote: »
    11.5km in 1:05. Was meant to be a gentle run, but a few of the big guns returned to group tonight. We ended up running down to the town hall, and do the route of the Naas 10k, with a run back to the car as a warm down. Windy night, did the 10 in 56 mins, which isn't too bad I suppose.I still finished 10 minutes behind the main group. It's after getting very dark, very quickly. 2 of us nearly went flying over a black German Shepard, didn't see it till the last second, when we both hit the grass . Phew.

Total km : 923

hi Beertons, i see you ran the route of the Naas 10k. what are your thoughts on it ? it doesn't look like a PB race.

A pb for me or you? It's a tough enough start, uphill from the town hall to beyond the Garda station. And up again from the ballymore road to Cross's shop. They'll wipe out a lot of people. Flat for the rest, bar the incline up the Dublin road.

Would I get a pb out of it? Under 50 minutes, maybe. I'm doing 30km the day before so won't be running it. Will give a hand helping out though. Have you a time in mind yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

i have Athlone half next weekend and i was looking for a 10k race after that. i would be hoping to improve my 10k PB(40:42) but i dont think it will be Naas.

whats your long term goal ? are you running DCM ?

best of luck with your running.

Thanks very much. Best of luck with your half. I'd like to try dcm alright, won't commit till I have another month of running under the belt.

Goals, I'd like to get my 10k under 50 minutes. 47 is a nice number, maybe that. And a half in about 1:47 too. But that's not on the cards for a while.

29km in 2:50. I should probably slow it down, found it hard from 27. I had 21 done in 2:01. That's all I remember. Saw a lad in wellies walking to croker, from Kilkenny. Nice morning for it I suppose. Hope he didn't forget the ticket.

Broke 1000km too. Wohoo. Now to try get it up to 1400.

Total km : 1005

17.5km in 1:34. Good run. Spent most of my time running on the road, as the footpaths were full of people on bikes with no lights, and all with dark clothes. I felt safer on the road with my hi viz vest.

Total km : 1022.5

10.5km in 60 mins. No bicycles on footpaths tonight. Lots and lots of runners. I'm a doubt for Saturday's long one. I have to work. And herself is working Sunday, so can't do it then either. Never thought I'd get grumpy about missing a run. Lol.

Total km : 1033

• Advertisement

14km in 1:18. Found it tough after 10. Missed running at the weekend. Couldn't get out for the long run. Forgot about the Kill 10km, should have done that one.

Total km : 1047

12.5km in 1:09. Fierce warm out still. Ran on my own for the best part. Have a twinge in my neck, that was bugging me. Roll on Saturday.

Total km : 1059.5

31km in 3:09. Found the first 21 fine, did that comfortably in 1:59. The last 8km were horrendous. I'm not as excited now about next Saturday's run!

Total km : 1090.5

13km in 1:12. Ran on my own tonight between 5:15 and 5:45/km. it was lovely. Much better than Saturday.

Total km : 1102.5

10.5km in 59mins. Grand job.

Total km : 1113

27km in 2:50. Wasn't feeling it today. The rest of my group went on to 32km.

I paid up to do the marathon at last. Hope I'm able for it now.

Total km : 1140

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭irish_bhoy82

27km in 2:50. Wasn't feeling it today. The rest of my group went on to 32km.

I paid up to do the marathon at last. Hope I'm able for it now.

Total km : 1140
    Thats great running....you deserve a few drinks tonight after that.

Drinks? I was going to do a run tomorrow to get the kms up, seen as I shorted today.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭irish_bhoy82

Drinks? I was going to do a run tomorrow to get the kms up, seen as I shorted today.
    Good luck with the DCM

• Advertisement

16km in 1:30. Ran 2.75 up to group with my neighbour, we call this the warm up. Did a 10.5 run around the town, she sped off with faster lads, and a 2.75 warm down home. We ran up pretty quick, 13 minutes or so. The run home was slow, and the middle one quick considering I was on my own. Great nights run.

Total km : 1156

Advertisement