Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ha, would ya look at him!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,070 ✭✭✭✭beertons

8km. Lovely to get out and feel normal again.

Total km : 436

12.5km. Was out for nearly 90 mins. Took a wrong turn, it's been ages since I was out that way. No harm. I had to walk for a bit too.

Total km : 448.5

15km in ages. Illnesses gone. So hot out. Like a noob, I forgot the Vaseline. Under the arms are sore. Met an ex and walked with her for a bit. Realised I was gone a bit off course and ran back.

Total km : 463.5

After a bit if a hiatus, I'm heading back out tonight. Went away to Galway for a weekend on the beer, lost momentum. Have a 10 mile trail run in 2 weeks, have to start moving quickly again.

10.5km. Sweet Jesus, the heat. I'm sorry I took a break now. Steady pace, took over an hour anyway.

Total km : 474

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Is the trail run a race?

Howaya Murph. Yep. Did it last year, finished 50th out of 100. Technically my highest finish ever. There's method to my madness though, am buying all the non perishables for the summer holiday that I'll be down for a week later. Staying in a chalet, and check in isn't till 4, and shopping with smallies after a 200 mile drive would be insane. The mother in law is down there, so free board for me that weekend.

7km, avg pace 6:30.

Total km : 481

12km. No time. Couldn't find my glasses, so couldn't locate my watch. Nice to get out before the sun came up. Slow run anyway as I was running with 2 girls who I haven't seen out since November.

Total km : 493

10km. Watch needs to be charged, dead as a dodo. That's it now till Saturday.

Total km : 503

• Advertisement

8.5km, 55 odd minutes out. Just a leg stretcher. I'm 40 minus a fiver change today. Be rude not to have a cool one.

Total km : 511.5

Camp 10 mile trail run done, in 1:38:53. That's what the watch said anyway. Very windy, still warm though. 52 signed up for it, half of last years numbers. I stayed with a group of 3 till mile 7, then kicked on. Wind on my back, I knew I could get a bit of distance between us. Very happy with today's run, I think I finally got a better result than my last attempt. Will check it out when I get on the iPad, I'd be looking all night on the phone.

Edit: 3 minutes slower. Damn it.

Total km : 527.5

12km. Took a wrong turn, wasn't meant to be that long. Died a bit in the heat.

Total km : 539.5

Also, here's a funny pic from the trail run.

http://runthekingdom.smugmug.com/The-Camp-10-Mile-Summer-Trail-/i-dj2nX2t/A

Tried to embed it, wouldn't let me. I'm the one waving a taxi.

9.5km. Better than Tuesday's run. So hot. And the girl I was running with wasn't bad either.

Total km : 549

12km this morning. Plan was for 16, but with no water I had to call it a day. Now to drive to Tralee, holidays time.

Total km : 561

Brandon Bay half marathon done in 1:59:56. Forgot my watch, so had to return to get it, was a bit late getting there. Got the Vaseline on in the car, quick stop for a pee then. The race had started when I was in the jacks. Anyway, ran down to the start, used that as my warm up, I was 2 minutes behind everyone at this stage. Tough run, on the sand and into the wind. The plan was to take it handy going out, no more than 6:30/km going out, and let the wind take me back. Picked off a good few on the way out. Met the first 2 returning at 9km, they were on 13. Saw 2 guys yapping, and decided that they were the 2 I wanted to catch. Got them at 18km and blew on a bit more. 1:05 running out, 54:56 mins on the return leg. Nice cup of soup for all finishers at the end, provide by Spillanes. They do a lovely seafood chowder, but I'll have to go back for that, just got veg soup today.

Total km : 583

9km@6.30 pace. Holidays over. Not ran since Brandon. Kept it slow. So much so I was way behind the group. Took a shorter route than them, I didn't drink any water today, really felt it. Might aim for the Dingle half next, if the mother in law lets me stay over.

Total km : 592

Taking a bit of a break. Herself is working late and a few weekends, can't get a babysitter at 730 on a Saturday morning. Still here, looking out the window at all the runners go by.

How's the break going? Still sitting in?

Murph_D wrote: »
    How's the break going? Still sitting in?

Yes. After 3 tough weekends, I had a free weekend, so slept in late and did a bit of gardening. Back out tomorrow. Think Dingle is a bit soon after a month off. Good to recharge anyway and do nothing. I haven't even had a peek at all the logs I'm subscribed to.

• Advertisement

Gone off my running gang for a bit. They're all in marathon mode, and it only reminds me of my failed attempt. So I joined a gym. Something different, it's across the road. Use a few machines, work some more muscles, and I get to use pool, sauna, steam room. Plus on an off day, I can take the kids for a splash.

Went in yesterday for an assessment, did a warm up on the bike, and finished with a slow 5km on the threadmill.

Total km : 597

A slow 8km while watching the Fiji match. I'd have stayed and watched the whole thing, but I was busted after weights. Dead legs, couldn't run any more.

Total km : 605

10km watching the nz match. Nice and easy. Nz played terrible, no way they're worthy to be champs this time round. Anyway, that's a discussion for another place.

Total km : 615

8km in 50 mins. Another threadmill run, watching the Aus v Wales game. The girl turned off the telly at half time, so I'm home now to watch the end of it. Have a beer pass for tomorrow, so said I'd get a run in this evening instead.

Total km : 623

5km warm up before I hit the weights. No rugby tonight, think it was eastenders. Wouldn't keep ya going for the night anyway.

Total km : 628

Get off that treadmill and out on the road again, beertons. Much better for the soul! :)

Murph_D wrote: »
    Get off that treadmill and out on the road again, beertons. Much better for the soul! :)

After they're done with their marathon, I couldn't keep up with my gang now.

5km warm up.

Total km : 633

Forgot to log a few. Mainly 5km warm ups. Did a speed session, where I'd increase it up to level 13, 13.5, from level 8. I'd only Sprint for 300m, but it was good fun. I was wrecked. Good to open the lungs a bit. And for all the huffing and puffing you do on a cross trainer, I'm amazed at how slow the distance racks up.

3 warms ups. Not including the speed one, as that was more for fun and I didn't last more than 10 mins at it.

Total km : 648

• Advertisement

6km areir. Think I may have to go back outside for distance. Didn't mind too much, spent longer in the jacuzzi.

Total km : 654

Advertisement