Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ha, would ya look at him!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

10.5km in 58 mins. Jeez that was some wind. Must have been in my face for 3km. Unreal.

Total km : 59

12km in 1:05. Grand job. Bit cold but kept moving.

Total km : 71

9km, 50 mins. Not bad, faster than I thought actually. Footpaths touch and go. Should have gone out areir, when there was no snow/frost.

Total km : 80

15.5km in 1:32. Started off great, crappy in the middle, and ended with a struggle.

Total km : 95.5

7km. Did a warm up of 1km, naas park run 5km in about 24:30, and 1km warm down. Found the last 500m a killer. Found a new button on the watch too, fastest km was 4:05. Have to be happy with that.

Total km : 102.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

beertons wrote: »
    7km. Did a warm up of 1km, naas park run 5km in about 24:30, and 1km warm down. Found the last 500m a killer. Found a new button on the watch too, fastest km was 4:05. Have to be happy with that.

Total km : 102.5
    good going beertons. Thanks a fast km considering ur time.

What's the time like? Slow? I started off too far at the back, couldn't get by some of the people as I was blocked in. I did a 21min 5 before, that's my goal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

What's the time like? Slow? I started off too far at the back, couldn't get by some of the people as I was blocked in. I did a 21min 5 before, that's my goal again.
    We all have goals. I ran a 21.14 5k last year but at the moment the best i can do is 24.56.
    For u to run a km in that time proves that if u keep at it u will get back down to that time again. Plenty of slow paced LSRs and a bit of speed work worked for me last year.

10km in 56 mins. No records broken tonight. I got out though.

Total km : 112.5

9km, 54 mins. Feeling it this evening. Bath now to numb it.

Total km : 121.5

• Advertisement

11.5km tonight in 1 hour dead. Jeez, that was a great run. Felt really good. Got 8km done in 43 mins, so that's my marker for Sunday. Skipping my run on Saturday, will stretch tomorrow night instead.

Total km : 133

Raheny 5 mile done in 41:30, ish. Well, that's what my watch said anyway. Overheated coz of a base layer. Lovely run though. Great support and turnout. Goodie bag is huge.

Think the plan for February is a trail half.

Total km : 141

10.5km in 56 mins. Spurred on by Sunday's heroics, I flew out of the traps. Nobody was going to beat me. Got to 5km in 22 mins. Then another lad caught up and the rest of the gang took off with him. He's too fast for me, 3.45/km. I lost a bit of mojo running on my own, but still ended with a 4.30 final km.

Total km : 151.5

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Hi there. Are you racing these training runs? Your first 5k there was a harder effort than Sunday's race!:eek:

Mightn't be a bad idea to build some recovery into your schedule, to be on the safe side.

All the best.

Hey Murph. Sunday was definitely faster. Tuesday's are usually my slow day, I was on a bit of a buzz though. Bombed the second half, but still got a finished strong. I'm relatively new to running, follow no program as such. 10 ish on Monday Tuesday, Thursday, and a bit longer on Saturday.

Just reading up on recovery runs there, I'm going to slow down my Monday run. Whilst I don't race my training runs, they are usually the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Hey Murph. Sunday was definitely faster. .

According to your posts you ran Raheny 5mile at about 5:10/km while yesterday you went through 5k at 4:24/km. I think that's what Murph is getting at.

I know I went off a bit fast last night. Pity I couldn't do that Sunday. Was following a lad that looked like Animan(sp), he put the boot down when he got to the coast road, I had to slow considerably. He was gone out of sight before the traffic lights.

9.5km in 58mins. Did as I was told, and went out slow. Got to 5km in 28 mins. Had the wind behind me on the way home, hence I was a bit faster. Cold night.

Total km : 161.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Well done. Arithmetic doesn't seem to be your strong point though. :D

• Advertisement

The wind probably blew a few of the good cells out of me. I see it now. Had the calculator out and all. I forgot about a hill. Was faster up until that though.

15.5km in 1:31. Cold, hilly, cold. Naas, Johnstown, back in via punchestown. Brrrr. At least no rain.

Total km : 176.5

10km in around an hour. My watch was dead before I put it on. Slow enough pace I think. Nice crisp night.

Total km : 186.5

13.5km in 1:14. Great night, savage run. Warm up of 2.75 in 16 mins. Hard enough for the rest, with a 500m sprint finish. Dodgey footpath nearly threw me at full speed, but I wobbled out of it.

Went on the scales this morning too. 207lbs. Suppose I should be losing 12 of those at least!

Total km : 200

10km in 1 hour dead. Was too busy talking to go any faster and any further.

Total km : 210

14km in 1:30. Wanted to do the parkrun too, but as I got to the gate, they had set off. I was half a lap from the start, so ran back home. Tired legs this morning.

Total km : 224

7km in 44 mins. Change of plans tonight. My usual guy stood me up. But I didn't have my phone with me. A friend came along with his couch to 5km gang, so I said I'd run with them and give them a hand. I remember the day I started running way back then, so I had a chat with a few and egged them on. Ran the last km, on my own, in 4 mins.

Total km : 231

9km in50 mins. Went at a good pace. The guy I was with was ranting about missing rathcoffey for the curragh 5km. He finished about 15th, in the middle of the hurling team. Went to look for his time, doesn't believe in wearing watches, and was told the timer didn't pick him up. The laughs. Anyway, should have gone on for 5/8 more, but I had to go to the jacks, and I was passing the house. No point in paying a babysitter any more I thought, and called it a night.

Total km : 240

Caught the cold. No run last night, bed early. None tomorrow either.

• Advertisement

Took me ages to find this. Caught Bells Palsy, so still out. I'd look funny running round with an eye patch on too.

Advertisement