Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 digginz

37 points of 28 yesterday in Grange Castle. First time I beat my handicap on a full 18 so I'm delighted.

3 Pars
    7 Bogey
    3 DBogey
    5 TBogey

I've found some very good consistency with my irons so delighted with that.

I left lot of shots on the green and need to work on long putts in particular.

I hope this round will liberate me mentally as I know I can play much better than that I just need to deliver now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

TheDoc wrote: »
    Defnitly best round of the year, playing fourball with a regular playing partner. both of us playing of 8, finished 45 points, -4 gross. Six birdies and two bogeys.

The work I've been putting in the last few weeks paying off, with some of the best ball striking I've hit in years. Shortgame still letting me down though, and that is leading me to the thread I'm about to make :D

Results just announced and we came second, lost by one.

Gutted, missed really makeable birdie chances on 16 and 17 from within 8 feet. GRRR

Just further cements my decision to go get a super stroke grip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

40 points (84 blows off 16) today in Grange Castle's Open.

Only my third time getting into the 40's and it was good enough to earn me runners up spot.
    Delighted with that as it's my first podium in the 1 and a bit years there.

Played pretty solid golf all round, some cracking shots but some not so good.
    2 birdies
    6 pars
    8 bogeys
    2 blanks

Birdie on the par 5, 18th, to get me my 4 points of cuttage.... nice!
    Flirting with 14 now... I'm gonna allow myself a BOOM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

PARlance wrote: »
    40 points (84 blows off 16) today in Grange Castle's Open.

Only my third time getting into the 40's and it was good enough to earn me runners up spot.
    Delighted with that as it's my first podium in the 1 and a bit years there.

Played pretty solid golf all round, some cracking shots but some not so good.
    2 birdies
    6 pars
    8 bogeys
    2 blanks

Birdie on the par 5, 18th, to get me my 4 points of cuttage.... nice!
    Flirting with 14 now... I'm gonna allow myself a BOOM :)

Super, thats being coming a while now!! 40 with 2 scratches, ****in hell!! Great going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Even in V Par off 13. If driving improves I'll be scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

27pts off 20 in headfort new open

Scratched four holes.
    One I was on the green in 3 (nearly two) and putted myself out of points
    Another I couldn't find the ball after a drive even though it was only 20yds off line. Group pushing behind so didn't go back.
    The other two I can't remember lol

1 par, on the 18th.
    Loads of bogies and some doubles.

I was actually playing quite well until the end, just got very tired, I put it down to still getting over a virus, the sweltering heat and the half day of work before the round lol

On one hole I played a driver into OOB (still made a bogie) where I should have played a hybrid otherwise I think I played quite smart. I had 2 bad drives near the end but the rest were quite good and long. Find I lose my technique the more tired I get

Lesson Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Best round of my life in Lucan open singles today.

45 points off 13 handicap - 75 gross

2 birdies
    10 pars
    6 bogeys

Down to 11 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Best round of my life in Lucan open singles today.

45 points off 13 handicap - 75 gross

2 birdies
    10 pars
    6 bogeys

Down to 11 now!

Wow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Just shot 50 for - 4 in Pitch and Putt. Mad Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

After a disaster in Gowran it was important to get right back up into the saddle. Finished even in the vpar comp on Sunday with some nice consistent play. Then just this evening I won my match in the club singles 1up. It was a tight match in which I was giving him 4 shots. I shot 83 with some missed putts so happy enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Haven't posted here in a while been busy at home.....
    Anyway played Dromoland today and haven't played in 3 weeks didnt help...shocking round of 94 strokes
    Nearly got sick all over the place :D
    All the hard work getting to 14 is slowly been undone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

40 off 9 on Sunday. Down to 7.8 and now in ESR territory for the first time since it came in :-)

80 strokes around Naas. A bloody scorcher
    Awful start of 5 bogies in a row.

Very poor around the greens all day. So happy enough to play last 13 - 4 over.

Overall - much work needed on short game. Have a month or so to get it right. Couple of events in September on Parkland courses I want to play well in.

Still don't feel that far off - but hard work being 100 yards out and not getting pars , never mind birdies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

35 pts ( off 6) today in singles. First 10 holes were super golf only 1 over. Had a bogey train then. Putting is driving me mad at the mo. Stuck it to 8 ft on 17 for bird and only made par then hit an 8i into the par 5 18th after a murderous drive and 3 putted from 25ft. V Happy with long game and irons are nice,just putting is streaky and stopping me from getting lower right now, good scores comin!

80 strokes around Naas. A bloody scorcher
    Awful start of 5 bogies in a row.

Very poor around the greens all day. So happy enough to play last 13 - 4 over.

Overall - much work needed on short game. Have a month or so to get it right. Couple of events in September on Parkland courses I want to play well in.

Still don't feel that far off - but hard work being 100 yards out and not getting pars , never mind birdies.

Nice little track aint she. Greens are lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Tones69 wrote: »
    35 pts ( off 6) today in singles. First 10 holes were super golf only 1 over. Had a bogey train then. Putting is driving me mad at the mo. Stuck it to 8 ft on 17 for bird and only made par then hit an 8i into the par 5 18th after a murderous drive and 3 putted from 25ft. V Happy with long game and irons are nice,just putting is streaky and stopping me from getting lower right now, good scores comin!

That was a good score today!!!

ForeRight wrote: »
    That was a good score today!!!

Cheers wasnt too bad now in the heat i guess ha. Happy with all bar putting. Bunker game needs work too, wasnt in any today mind u ha

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

34pts around carrick this morning off 16. Had 3 birdies on bck9 finished well, the greens are so quick right now my putting weakness was on show bigtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

80 gross yesterday evening
    Nothing exciting 9 pars, 9 bogey's
    Putting & chipping could have been better

Tones69 wrote: »
    Nice little track aint she. Greens are lovely

Class course - Parkland not my thing so trying to get out a bit more and keep the ball in play. Try get up into the higher 30 pts.

Getting there but slow. Even around the green a little different. Hitting the ball at the flag a new feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

mafc wrote: »
    Nothing exciting 9 pars, 9 bogey's

mafc,

Most of us would give our right arm for a 'nothing exciting' round! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Out to Laytown & Bettystown on a scorching day with Eldon from boards yesterday afternoon.

Was relatively calm & really hot. I've played very little links golf in my time (corballis is the only coastal links I've played before, played a couple of inland links like moyvalley & carton but that doesn't quite feel the same)

My GPS was dead when I arrived. I know realise how much I rely on it for club selection.

Had 86 strokes, which would have been 32 points for my handicap, so happy with shooting overall on a course I'd never played & trying to play shots I'm not used to attempting. Was trying to hit in a lot more low bumping iron approaches. Was hit & miss, but a good experience either way.

Thanks to Eldon for company. For a guy new to the game of golf I think you're already showing pretty solid technique & have the makings of a very good golfer.

Found the course a little repetitive on the back 9 with a run quite similar length similar shaped holes from 12-15 but still was a joy to be on a course on a day like yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Net 68 first round in captains 8 over. Ball striking is very good 3 putted a couple and short game not so sharp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Net 68 first round in captains 8 over. Ball striking is very good 3 putted a couple and short game not so sharp

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Gross 84 :mad:
    6 pars
    11 bogey's
    1 double
    Ball striking poor, had a couple of shanks and a cold putter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Second good round in a row this morning.

40 pts off 11:

9 pars
    5 bogeys
    2 doubles
    2 birdies

More than likely looking at an exceptional scoring reduction too, so handicap will have gone form 13 to 8 in a week!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

Had 39 points (76 strokes off 7) and am raging. Dropped 4 shots on the last 5 holes. Missed some simple putts and should really have had a lower round. Some really solid stuff mixed with some awful stuff. i was level par playing my second on the index 1 and hit a bad shot. I was ruined after that. My nerves really went. That hasn't happened me for a long time. Is this a good or bad thing? are my expectations too high?

78 around Cahir Park.

Solid but no magic.

Good round coming. When ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

If anybody wants me I'll be in a dark, dark room... bawling my eyes out... I Hate golf sometimes :(:(:(

14753651904_7c470882c3_c.jpgGC by burgomeister08, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    If anybody wants me I'll be in a dark, dark room... bawling my eyes out... I Hate golf sometimes :(:(:(

14753651904_7c470882c3_c.jpgGC by burgomeister08, on Flickr

What happened on the last 6 holes. ???

Conditions toughened up ??

Advertisement