Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Casual round in Headfort New this evening.

I forgot my trolley cart so had to rent one then forgot the card so until I match the scores I wrote down against a card I'm not sure exactly how I done but went round in 83 strokes

1 drop shot
    A good few pars
    2 doubles I think

Irons were average. On target but slightly out the toe on some hits, some good ones too
    Driver cost me a drop on the 12th but came decent in the end if not what I'd like
    Short game and putting was really on form

Delighted all in all, now to bring the same to a comp

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

38pts in open singles, practice is starting to bed in. Alignment problems have been killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,769 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Casual round in Headfort New this evening.

I forgot my trolley cart so had to rent one then forgot the card so until I match the scores I wrote down against a card I'm not sure exactly how I done but went round in 83 strokes

1 drop shot
    A good few pars
    2 doubles I think

Irons were average. On target but slightly out the toe on some hits, some good ones too
    Driver cost me a drop on the 12th but came decent in the end if not what I'd like
    Short game and putting was really on form

Delighted all in all, now to bring the same to a comp

That your best score ?

83 around Headfort new - is outstanding golf. :)

That your best score ?

83 around Headfort new - is outstanding golf. :)
    Yep, best by one stroke

Thanks, its my home course so I'm getting plenty of practice in on it :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Myself and friend: 92/88.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Yep, best by one stroke

Thanks, its my home course so I'm getting plenty of practice in on it :pac:

I'm playing there next week. How is the course?

ForeRight wrote: »
    I'm playing there next week. How is the course?
    Its in great nick at the minute, they cut the heavy rough down a bit in places, now if your ball goes in you have a chance of finding it.

Greens are good as are fairways

Some of the bunkers could do with better (stones) or more sand I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Its in great nick at the minute, they cut the heavy rough down a bit in places, now if your ball goes in you have a chance of finding it.

Greens are good as are fairways

Some of the bunkers could do with better (stones) or more sand I think

Sounds good. Looking forward to it. Most courses struggle to maintain good bunkers these days so never too bothered about that. I haven't played there in a couple of years so dying for another crack at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

To be honest it doesn't sound like you should be anywhere near 6 - ?
    Scratch - any background ?

Well I got down to 6 about 3 years ago and since then I didn't play much at all.

This year though I made a promise to myself to get back playing a lot of golf and it's going well so far.

My goal by the end of September is to get down to 4, and so far I'm right on track to achieve that! Just a bit more fine tweaking and should be flying!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Quarter final foursome match last night. Got beaten on the 20th hole. Very close all round, playing against 5 & 9 handicappers.
    We won the 18 to square the match & my partner missed a 2 footer on the 19th for the match. We lost the 20th.
    Overall, delighted with how far we got & we went out with a fight.
    Foursomes was something I was not keen on but now think it's a tough enjoyable sequence.
    Went to the range this afternoon to work on my weak points so hopefully the changes I've made will realise for tomorrow's round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

87 strokes off 12 in Castleisland Scratch cup. Was happy to be out in 41 which included 3 x 3putts. Was in the hunt until I doubled both 15 and 16. Couldn't get the ball to the hole all day when putting uphill. Drove a few past when putting downhill. 35 putts.

Pretty frustrated as I think 82/83 will prob win the intermediate as it was playing tough. Hoping everyone else had a nightmare and I beat CSS, but buffer I'd say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Galway Bay yesterday in Friday Open. 30 pts. Not feeling any love with the putter. Rained from start to finish. Driving still bugging me, a few good and a few awful.
    http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/213-24221615-24221840

-2 Net in Captains Prize today in Tuam. Expect to make it trough to tomorrow evenings final 9 holes. Driver acting up again but short game very good.
    http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/214-24254431-24254657

Feel driver is so close to clicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

28 points in galway bay. No real interest playing today. Everything was meh.

92 points in a four person open in Headfort Old.

Got on the card a few times with some pars and a bogey on a low index. 2 doubles I think. Partners were playing great hitting birdies every now and then

Didn't do too bad but the weather was horrible, the front 9 was the worst. We couldn't get near a full swing for fear of the club flying from the hands, wind was up quite a bit aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,769 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Such an up and down week .

from good to shocking to average to sublime.

Maybe practice pays off. Felt a bit down with my game.

So instead of watching golf this evening milled around 14 holes in Corballis.
    And was 3 over.

Rare Bird on 17. Decided to mill a PW and try hold top level 6 foot Bird.

So happy ending to week. A bit of hope from that.

A good bit in fact.

No joy in the captains prize final 9 holes this evening. +. 5 net this evening. Pared the first four but a double bogey on the index 18 took the wind out of my sails. Happy with 105.5 net for the 27 holes off 13 but will be just outside the prizes. All aspects of game were OK but no spark when I needed it. Next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

106 strokes in Grange Castle this afternoon. First time playing in a few months. I was atrocious for some holes but towards the end I started playing somewhat well. Playing there again tomorrow so hopefully can continue from the last couple today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    106 strokes in Grange Castle this afternoon. First time playing in a few months. I was atrocious for some holes but towards the end I started playing somewhat well. Playing there again tomorrow so hopefully can continue from the last couple today.

Wasn't 100% that was you till I had nearly driven past you in the car park Dr R.

32 points off 15 there earlier.
    Was playing some really good golf but 4 scratches put pay to any chance of a cut.
    Disappointing really as 3 were from great positions and the other one from a topped iron from the tee after leaving the driver alone... For safety :(

Bad enough conditions out there this morn. Feel there's another few shots out there for me.

PARlance wrote: »
    Wasn't 100% that was you till I had nearly driving past you in the car park Dr R.

32 points off 15 there earlier.
    Was playing some really good golf but 4 scratches put pay to any chance of a cut.
    Disappointing really as 3 were from great positions and the other one from a topped iron from the tee after leaving the driver alone... For safety :(

Bad enough conditions out there this morn. Feeling there's another few shots out there for me.

I thought it was you but similarly wasn't 100%. I had a putt for par on one hole, and walked off with a triple bogey. A mixture of stupidity and lack of concentration.

I was very impressed with GC. I'm looking forward to playing it again today.

92 points in a four person open in Headfort Old.

Got on the card a few times with some pars and a bogey on a low index. 2 doubles I think. Partners were playing great hitting birdies every now and then

Didn't do too bad but the weather was horrible, the front 9 was the worst. We couldn't get near a full swing for fear of the club flying from the hands, wind was up quite a bit aswell.

Came second, got bet by a point!

* First place was disqualified so 1st place after all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

36 points off 12 in Tralee yesterday in an exchange day. Turned with 21. Played some great stuff on the front in pretty windy conditions.

Started the back with 2 doubles. Steadied the ship after that with a 5 on index 1, followed by two pars. Bogeys from 15 on.

Positives: 30 putts, didn't miss anything inside 5 feet. Battled well after the two doubles.
    Negatives: Didn't get much luck on the back 9. Hit the fairway bunkers on 11 and 18, both just barely wandered in. The pace of play slowed down a lot on the back 9 and I found it a bit hard to stay focused. Over 5 hours for the 18 holes.

Happy enough to finish with 36, it could have been a lot worse. Outside chance of a cut and a prize, fingers crossed.

Edit: 37 won it. I was 5th because of my poor back 9. Happy enough with that. Not sure what the CSS was yet

Came second, got bet by a point!

* First place was disqualified so 1st place after all

Why were they disqualified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

75 nett in the captain's prize on Saturday. Poor opener had to play a provisional having lost my first in low sun knowing it was in play but couldn't find it. Triple bogey start followed by a double tap out of bunker on 5 for another triple. Turned 8 over.
    5 putt on a tricky par 3 16 trying to ram in a bogey putt downhill, missed the hole completely to finish further away than my tee shot, triple bogey again....
    3 putt on the last for bogey where par would've seen me into playoff and the buffer.
    Plenty of pain with the putter but happy with the way I stayed in the round :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

35 points off 18 in my first ever competition. Was out in 20 and looking towards a cut but wasn't to be. 7 pars but found the OB/Water a shocking 4 times.

Wombatman wrote: »
    Why were they disqualified?

Not 100% sure, didn't really get told apart from a vague answer, something about fees.

Would rather have won outright, would hate to lose myself on a technicality.

Does anyone under stand what o.l.9 means ?

105 strokes in Grange Castle. Beat yesterday's score by 1. Was up on myself by 5 at one point but three disastrous holes, 7th, 8th and 9th scuppered that. Had 7 6's in a row from 10-16 which was very disheartening. That included a 6 on the par 3 11th.

3 wood from the tee was extremely hit and miss, a few times I was catching it still on the down swing and watching it hop only a handful of yards. 5 wood from the ground to recover I was doing well with. Absolutely useless near the greens though.

There are plenty of shots out there that I can get rid of with more concentration I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

39 points off 22 in Ballyneety.89 shots
    pars 5
    bogues 8
    doubles 4
    scratch 1
    plus 4 added H/C shots.

So there seems to be a trend happening with my golf.
    If i go for a round with buddy ill consistently get between 33-39 points.
    yet when i enter Open singles. i wont get any higher then 25. :(

Maybe some day it'll all sync up.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Not 100% sure, didn't really get told apart from a vague answer, something about fees.

Would rather have won outright, would hate to lose myself on a technicality.

Does anyone under stand what o.l.9 means ?

On Last 9 holes
    so you were tied with someone overall but you had a better back nine

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

37 points yesterday
    11 pars (inc the last 6 holes)
    6 bogeys
    1 triple (knocked down 4 shots in a row before I shanked it onto an adjoining fairway!)

72% FIR
    22% GIR
    28 Putts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

GreeBo wrote: »
    37 points yesterday
    11 pars (inc the last 6 holes)
    6 bogeys
    1 triple (knocked down 4 shots in a row before I shanked it onto an adjoining fairway!)

72% FIR
    22% GIR
    28 Putts

Looking good for a decent cut with Clause 19;)

Nice playing.

Advertisement