Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Last 2 rounds in ballyneety.
    playing ok at the moment. driving hit or miss lately.
    round 1- 39 points w 2 scratches.
    Round 2(today)- 38 points w 1 scratch. 91 stroke.

Not great but hoping to do a few more open singles to get handicap down.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Shot 84 for 38 points off 14 on Wednesday in Coollattin. Not bad considering I had 35 putts and 3 double bogies. Down to 13. Feel good about my game, I know there's a couple of good scores in me.

Came second in the competition too.

Another 38 points yesterday. Again, it could have been a whole lot better, I stood on the 18th tee with 38 points, had four 3 putts, and was erratic off the tee. Just need to keep playing, down to 12.7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Last 2 rounds in ballyneety.
    playing ok at the moment. driving hit or miss lately.
    round 1- 39 points w 2 scratches.
    Round 2(today)- 38 points w 1 scratch. 91 stroke.

Not great but hoping to do a few more open singles to get handicap down.

:eek::eek::eek:

You are shooting better than your handicap in two consecutive rounds......

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BOB81

35 points off 14 from the yellow tees in a stableford comp last weekend, started with a lost drive but birdied with my second ball to rescue 2 points. First even half decent score in a while (and first round with no scratches) as I've been on a steady trend of getting 0.1 back this last few months. Scrambled pretty well as I knocked down about 4 other drives but managed to come away with 2 points on those holes as well. Had 33 putts but that stat is probably skewed by the fact that I didn't hit too many greens!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

29pts off 20 in headfort new open comp.

Just a bad average day really, the way I was feeling this morning im pretty happy with it though.

2 scratches, 3 pars were the highlights lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

Open singles in Mahoney's Point Killarney today. Had 37 points. Drove it well. 36 putts though and 2 scratches. 2 shots to get out of a bunker on 7 caused a scratch and a lost tee shot on 16 caused the other.

It def felt that 40+ points was on, hopefully that comes on Sunday in the captains prize.

GIR up to 55.6% today from my average of 24% and FIR up to 71% from 54%.
    Plenty of positives but need to work on bunker shots and putting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

37 points Wednesday followed by 36 yesterday. Putter behaving again. 27 putts yesterday ( 2 scratches) with 6 1 putts in the front 9. had put a lot of work into the long game only for my short game to suffer. Driver being replaced off the tee by 4 iron helping a lot too.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

75 gross on my own card in club 4ball match play , beaten 3 & 2.
    14 pars
    4 bogey's
    26 putts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

81 off 9 for 36 points around Blainroe today in casual round.

Bad weather for front 9 and much better back 9. 6 over out and 3 over back. Didn't play super but scrambled well for the score. 4 one putts.

Course is in great shape in particular the greens which were the best I've played on in a while. Well worth a visit.

9 Pars
    9 Bogeys

FIR 80%
    GIR 28%
    Putts 32

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

3 rounds and counting now same golf ball

im getting worried now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Captains prize and game went to pot. Very annoyed cause coming into it was playing well. 51 out and then lost 2 on ten off tee so decided to opt out and just play points. Soul destroying but got to look forward to next week.

Won by 5 holes in a casual matchplay in Headfort Old Saturday
    Went out to Moor Park that evening for god knows what reason, but shot 90 strokes with a few pars,a birdie and a triple which wasn't bad considering how I was playing. They've let links type rough grow and its made it a much nicer track now, more punishment for off line hits.

Out tomorrow for strokes singles in Headfort Old with a tooth ache driving me mad at the minute so it should be challenging at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

32pts today off 9, 18 front 14 back, not too bad considering I had 8pts more than my two playing partners combined!
    Think I'm gonna give up society golf, no enjoyment for me anymore. Too much time & too many shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

30 points of 21 yesterday in Dunmurry Springs on a society outing .

So frustrated with myself as I'm hitting the ball quite well but my short game stinks . I mean it's a regular occurrence to take 4 to get down from 10 feet of a green . I plan on getting a much practice in as in can during next few weeks and it will be mainly based on chipping and putting .

I'm not the longest hitter but bar the 2nd hole I put every drive on the FW and besides a few dodgy approach shots I was in or around the greens . So it was a real shame to score so bad .

99 strokes in the singles strokes in Headfort Old today.
    2 pars
    2 triple
    1 4 over

Couldn't get the putting right at all today. 4 three putts
    1 ball oob on the dog leg left ( started too far left)

Only used the driver 4 times and found fairway out of 3 of them and they were quite long. Used the 19 deg on the others and found all fairways.

Hit alot of gir but couldn't get it into the hole.

Lack off sleep with the toothache was a factor but still not a good enough excuse for the putting on display today.

One of the lessons in the next few weeks are on putting.

Still, everyone got 3 nike ndx balls and some tees frim the sponsor so still feel like I won something lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

84 strokes for 37 points off 13.

2 birdies
    6 pars
    6 Bogies
    4 doubles

Got to be happy breaking handicap today. First game in 3 weeks after being away on holidays. Driving was superb all day, very unusual for me! Approach play was pretty good too but pitching and putting let me down badly. Putting was a bit weird, really struggled to get the pace of the greens, kept leaving them short all day. But the line was nearly always perfect.

Only disappointing things were some very poor shots that were not in character with the rest of the game. After a beautiful drive on the par 5 7th hole, I decided to go for the green in 2. There was no need to and walked off with a scratch.Then on 12, again sitting in the middle of the fairway and chunked an 8 iron into the lake for another scratch. The most encouraging thing though was that I followed that scratch with birdie, par, birdie.

No cut unfortunately as the css was 70...

80 strokes for 40 points off 13 in the Captains Prize today. Shame it wasn't stroke play but still hoping for a top 10 and a decent cut.

It was my best round of the year. Played really solid, nothing spectacular, just solid. 3 X 3 putts is the main annoyance (1st, 3rd & 15th), along with taking 4 shots to get down from 30 yards on the 15th, but at least I bounced back by paring the last 3 holes.

*finished 5th. 43 points won it. 3 shots better than CSS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

Best round ever yesterday :)
    79 shots in V-Par off 15 for +8 in the curragh.
    11 pars & 7 bogeys, knew the low one was coming. Won by 2 so absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

cjfitz wrote: »
    80 strokes for 40 points off 13 in the Captains Prize today. Shame it wasn't stroke play but still hoping for a top 10 and a decent cut.

It was my best round of the year. Played really solid, nothing spectacular, just solid. 3 X 3 putts is the main annoyance (1st, 3rd & 15th), along with taking 4 shots to get down from 30 yards on the 15th, but at least I bounced back by paring the last 3 holes.

*finished 5th. 43 points won it. 3 shots better than CSS :)

CSS was 40pts or a more realistic 37pts so you beat CSS by 3 for a decent cut? Nice shooting especially with the pressure of the captain's prize so nice to hit form for the big occasion.

To derail slightly, surprised with the amount of people on here saying their Captain's Prize is stableford, any reason why it's stableford? Would have thought most would be stroke play which is a better format for a club major adding a sense of pressure to each shot making every hole count.

We've our Captain's Prize next Sunday (18 hole strokeplay with top 21 then going through to an additional 9 hole strokeplay to decide the winners) Qualifiers were this weekend (18 hole strokeplay) and played my best ever round shooting +4 gross off 8 handicap to easily qualify. Pity the scores don't carry or I couldn't have postponed that score for a week as my nett -4 only yielded a handicap cut before the Captain's Prize and didn't even feature in the top 3 prizes on offer. I guess a bandit/cheat would have applied the brakes and pulled up minding their handicap for the big occasion next week instead.

Still was finally able to post an update in the Handicap Index thread after nearly 2 years heading in the wrong direction having dropped from 9 to 7 this year. Hope to keep it going now for the rest of the season and push on with the target of 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Golfnut77

Shot a +8 80 off 4 yesterday, ball striking was good but woeful putting. 38 putts in total and 3 putted on 3 holes. That's probably the worst putting round I've had and the greens were perfect to make it even worse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

Remember the old race horse trainer that told Tracey Piggot that he was so happy he was going home to have the sex :-) well that's me right now. I had 86 off 19 for a 67 net in the Presidents prize. I came 10th btw. But I beat CSS by 4 for 1.2 of a cut AND .5 of an ESR. Happy days :-).

On the 14-3-14 I was off 22.9 now I'm off 16.9

I had the worst 86 possible too in many ways. 9 pars 6 bogies 1double and 2 quads :-( throw 6 three puts into the mix and you can see how I still figure I'm going to kick the ass out of my 17hc

One quad was a really unlucky lie after I missed the fairway by 2-3 yards tried to hack out didn't really do too well then dropped it into the worst lie in a bunker took two to get out then two putts. The other was in the last :-( par would have given me a 63 and a whopper cut. Overall I am ex tactic though. Btw a net 59 won the comp omg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

34points off 13 yesterday, the driving has really come on but now my iron play is the weak link. Putter felt good but nothing too long wanted to drop.
    I'm stuck in the buffer, 33,34,35 seems to be the story of my summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

m r c wrote: »
    Btw a net 59 won the comp omg

What the hell, that's seriously embarrassing for both the player and club. What handicap was that of? With a CSS of 71 as your post implies that's -12 nett which in stroke play should never be possible. What's with all these over inflated handicaps shooting crazy good scores. I'd consider -4 nett a hell of a good score and deserving of winning or at least a podium finish but lately it's just not at the races.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I've been having some fairly decent rounds recently and have dropped 3 shots in as many months but had the worst round of the year yesterday. To make it worse it was the captains prize qualifier. 4 trebles and a quad left me on a net of 81 (hc 20). Maybe next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Defnitly best round of the year, playing fourball with a regular playing partner. both of us playing of 8, finished 45 points, -4 gross. Six birdies and two bogeys.

The work I've been putting in the last few weeks paying off, with some of the best ball striking I've hit in years. Shortgame still letting me down though, and that is leading me to the thread I'm about to make :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

86 on home course. Wasn't a qualifying round so used it to brush up on a few things.

1 Bird
    9 Pars
    1 Bogey
    6 D Bogeys
    1 Triple

Concentration is killing me!

CSS was 40pts or a more realistic 37pts so you beat CSS by 3 for a decent cut? Nice shooting especially with the pressure of the captain's prize so nice to hit form for the big occasion.

To derail slightly, surprised with the amount of people on here saying their Captain's Prize is stableford, any reason why it's stableford? Would have thought most would be stroke play which is a better format for a club major adding a sense of pressure to each shot making every hole count.

Sorry, CSS was 37 so I am happy to get cut a shot.

I'm not sure why it was stableford. I would prefer stroke tbh. The Captain plays off 25 or something so maybe it was based on that if it was his decision. I know the winner and the guy who was 3rd didn't have any scratches so it prob wouldn't have made much difference to my finishing position but it surely would have reduced the CSS. I have recently joined Killarney and I was told that their captains prize in September is also stableford which kind of shocked me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

What the hell, that's seriously embarrassing for both the player and club. What handicap was that of? With a CSS of 71 as your post implies that's -12 nett which in stroke play should never be possible. What's with all these over inflated handicaps shooting crazy good scores. I'd consider -4 nett a hell of a good score and deserving of winning or at least a podium finish but lately it's just not at the races.

It was stroke, par 70 though. He shot 79 off 20. It is kinda funny to be breaking 80 with a h/c of 20 :-) I don't know him personally but it may not be a totally hooky h/c it was links golf in relatively benign conditions.
    My 1.2 cut must have come from the two quads been effectively reduced to dbls for h/c purposes.

I don't want to sound like I'm defending a20 man breaking 80 I just don't want to be getting overly personal with regard to his score. The intent of my post was joy with my own cut if ye get me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Captains prize last Saturday and after playing well over the past few weeks of playing well i truly thought i had chance of qualifying top 27 for play off. Those chances were thrown away after 7 holes with 3 lost tee shots and a double and treble bogey. Became a NR when lost two balls off tee on tenth. Lost 8 balls in total and was so sick of it i couldn't bring myself to watch the golf yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Nett 81 in Presidents Prize in Moate yesterday. Started great with par, birdie, par but then had a woeful tee shot on the 4th (par 3) which rattled me a little. Was dead in the water after losing a ball in long grass on the 7th where I took a 9 having struggled with my provisional ball as well. I kept plugging away though and despite another couple of bad holes along the way I finished well with pars on 16 and 18 (both par 5's that I havent been great on this year).

Advertisement