Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Macker1 wrote: »
    What happened on the last 6 holes. ???

Conditions toughened up ??

I just fell apart :o

I was playing very nicely all day and, in particular, holing out well. Then on the 13th tee, playing into a decent wind, I just sorta tightened up and hit an awful smothered, rubbish drive about 130yds down the left. That led to double-bogey. I still walked onto 14 feeling ok, but ended up missing literally a one-foot tap-in for bogey and I really don't remember much after that to be honest :o

My best ever round is 80, eight-over-par. So as ya can imagine, I'm a borderline suicide case right now.

Worst part is, i'm at 12.6 right now so as ya can imagine, walking off the 12th, playing lovely, I was chuffed with myself thinking I'd get a nice cut and be down to 12... jesus I could get a .1 back at this rate...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    I just fell apart :o

I was playing very nicely all day and, in particular, holing out well. Then on the 13th tee, playing into a decent wind, I just sorta tightened up and hit an awful smothered, rubbish drive about 130yds down the left. That led to double-bogey. I still walked onto 14 feeling ok, but ended up missing literally a one-foot tap-in for bogey and I really don't remember much after that to be honest :o

My best ever round is 80, eight-over-par. So as ya can imagine, I'm a borderline suicide case right now.

Worst part is, i'm at 12.6 right now so as ya can imagine, walking off the 12th, playing lovely, I was chuffed with myself thinking I'd get a nice cut and be down to 12... jesus I could get a .1 back at this rate...

Keep the faith because your shooting over the first 12 holes was excellent. I would love to have that run later on today. I'm due to tee off at 5pm. Was the course in good nick. I'm going to assume that the place is like concrete and running fast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Macker1 wrote: »
    Keep the faith because your shooting over the first 12 holes was excellent. I would love to have that run later on today. I'm due to tee off at 5pm. Was the course in good nick. I'm going to assume that the place is like concrete and running fast

Place is in great nick. Few sneaky pins out there as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Cliche after cliche today. 21 out 14 back. Heartbreaking but gonna build on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Cliche after cliche today. 21 out 14 back. Heartbreaking but gonna build on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Played last thursday in the singles at Waterford Castle

Playing off 6 and had 40pts

3 Birdies
    10 pars
    5 bogeys

Didnt putt well on the day. Had 3, 3 putts and a good few lip outs so could have been alot better. Still happy enough with how I played though.

Standard scratch was 38pts so I'm now down to 5.7 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

73 +2 (66 nett) gross off 7 in stackstown today.. -3 for par 5s, +1 for par 4s and +4 for par 3s for the day with 5 birdies in all..
    1 triple bogey on the 6th after pulling a 5iron and lost the ball then 2nd ball went into the bunker.

Not even playing much of late but 2 9s during the week felt good, by far the best I have played in years. Short game is finally coming good with 5 or 6 up and downs from tough spots.

Mid/long irons are not good with some leaky right or pulls popping in which lead to the bad par 3s for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

81 off 9 for 36 points around Rathcore today in Stableford comp.

Started like a crab and ended up with 15 points after 9. Finished back 9 one over to get the extra 21 points. Hope CSS will be 35 for a 0.2 cut but doubtful.

2 Birdies
    8 Pars
    6 Bogeys
    1 Double
    1 Triple (ghoul)

FIR 93%
    GIR 44%
    Putts 31

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Last 2rounds 38 and 39 points in Les Ormes and Les Mielles in Jersey CI last week
    . Waiting on CSS to be returned to see what cuts I'll get. Have applied 5 .3s which gets me back to 17. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Last 2rounds 38 and 39 points in Les Ormes and Les Mielles in Jersey CI last week
    . Waiting on CSS to be returned to see what cuts I'll get. Have applied 5 .3s which gets me back to 17. :-)

It even sounds like they are nice courses.

Had a ball robbed next to a meat factory. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

It even sounds like they are nice courses.

Had a ball robbed next to a meat factory. :)

Neither very long. Breeze and wind big factors though. If they come up, both well worth a trip imo. Tried Royal Jersey, couldn't get a slot. Or maybe they saw my Mondeo in the car park.

Neither very long. Breeze and wind big factors though. If they come up, both well worth a trip imo. Tried Royal Jersey, couldn't get a slot. Or maybe they saw my Mondeo in the car park.

I guess Royal is where they held the Jersey Open ?
    Was a big enough tournament in the 80s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I guess Royal is where they held the Jersey Open ?
    Was a big enough tournament in the 80s.

35 pts off 6 there in professionals prize thingy off back sticks. Hit it lovely but doubles on 7 and 8 hurt, otherwise a lovely round. Get a little .2 or .4 cut

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

Exchange day on The Cashen in Ballybunnion.

Feeling pretty mad now. First time playing off 12, was looking forward to it as I think it's a great course.

Scratched the first and ninth but turned with 17, so was happy with that considering. Solid 2 pointers and one 3 pointer for the next 6th. Then scratched 16 and 18 with a par in the middle. On the back 9 I was aiming for 36 and it was def on.

I'm annoyed because I think 36/37 would have a good chance of a prize and the CSS prob around 34/35.

So annoyed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

After a summer of going from 14.7 to 15.2 I finally put it together today. I had a gross 82 for net 67 in the summer medal. The handicap is going the right way again and now off 14.3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Another good day on the course. Managed second cut of the season.

Shot an 82 for 39 points. Down to 12.3 now. Finally a category 2 golfer :)

Very good front nine ruined by a scratch on the index 1 8th hole. Turned in 18 points. Then had a superb back nine. Started with three birdies in first four holes, indeed the first on the par 5 10th could and should have been an eagle after I put my second to about 12 feet. Slightly disappointing finish with three bogies and a double on the last.

What's really pleasing is that I know there is plenty of room for improvement. The dream of being a single figure golfer is getting closer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Disappointing 27pts off 14 in Moate today but in my defence I was struggling with a minor wrist injury which meant I couldn't grip the club as well as I would have liked.

Barnaboy wrote: »

Very good front nine ruined by a scratch on the index 1 8th hole. Turned in 18 points. Then had a superb back nine. Started with three birdies in first four holes, indeed the first on the par 5 10th could and should have been an eagle after I put my second to about 12 feet. Slightly disappointing finish with three bogies and a double on the last.

What's really pleasing is that I know there is plenty of room for improvement. The dream of being a single figure golfer is getting closer :D

Was that Rathcore per chance Barnaboy?

the lawman wrote: »
    Was that Rathcore per chance Barnaboy?

No, my home course, Castlebarna in Daingean.

No, my home course, Castlebarna in Daingean.

Cheers. My course has index 1 on 8 and the 10th is Par 5! Thought I found a fellow Core-er. Carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I'm a beginner and I've been playing for two months now and had been really struggling for consistency but was really enjoying myself. On the back nine yesterday though something really clicked. I took two 8's on the first two holes, and a six on the thirds, par 5/4/3 then completely settled in. My driving was long and straight apart from one I got under, I was running onto between 280 and 320/330 yards and felt I knew what I was doing. I went out in 54 and came home with a catastrophe free 42 which was six over for a total 96.

I was very poor from 50-150 yards into the green and I had a drive/pitching wedge into the green on one par 5 and took a 7, things like that are what I need to work on. My new target is 90 by the end of the summer and I'll take it from there.

I'm completely addicted, what a game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

shot a 85 yesterday for a nett 71. Not badwhen you consider i had 2 triple bogies and 2 doubles on the card too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Very frustrating day yesterday in the Captain's Prize, shot a nett +3 with a big 9 in the middle of the card and another sloppy double bogey early on. Short game was pretty poor and putter ice cold. As it transpired a nett +2 would have gotten me into a 9 hole playoff for the top 21 and ties and a distant chance of a prize. Pity as had been playing well leading up to the competition. Lucky enough the clause 19 adjustment from the 9 strokes on a single hole kept me within my buffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭neddynasty

Played Cork Golf Club yesterday in a society event. Beautiful day and course. Was ready to walk off after my tee shot on the par 3 9th after my second shank of the day. Said i'd hit a provisional anyway and shanked that. Head was completely gone. Had a massive 9 points on the front 9. I had 6 of those points from the first 3 holes. It's a strange game though. Played on anyway since I don't get out much and pared 5 of the back 9 and finished with a total of 29 overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

37 off 13 at home.

If I drive well I can score. Driving improving but still main problem area.

Was bricking about playing off 13 but well able for it.

Need more birds.

http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/209-24129663-24129884

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

nice one, are you playing on Thursday?

charlieIRL wrote: »
    nice one, are you playing on Thursday?

Can do, what time are you around?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Can do, what time are you around?

I'll be there about 5:20 hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭BOB81

Played in a fourball competition in portmarnock yesterday - as a team we had 33 points and I worked my own score afterwards and I had 30 points which included 2 birdies, 3 scratches and a 4-putt (was on in 3 on the par 5 6th - nearly felt a henrik stenson moment coming on after that!). Finished birdie par par (last 2 holes were straight downwind) to leave the course with a smile on my face. Hit it better than I have recently and also discovered a new links shot for myself (90yd quarter swing 8 iron which got me out of trouble a few times)
    Great course though, go off the wrong side of some of those greens and you are done for...

• Advertisement

Absolute shocker today - ball all over the shop - in, behind and against every tree - pulling slicing.
    Was a bit tired - but for feck sake.

29 points - out to 7.

Hopefully a once off - but in the back of your mind you are there - is that my game :eek:

Advertisement