Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options
1606162636466»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nice round today - with Scub. - and Ryaner.

Cold cold, and delayed due to frost - then slow as busy and too full.

Started on 13 and was level par for my first 8 holes - always a disaster around the corner in Corballis. And had an OTT big slice on 3 - only right to have a snowman the day the Christmas tree goes up.

Handy that Scub. was there, as he was able to tell me how poor my swing path was a good few times :P

Missed a few short putts - but made a few too - long putting very very good.
    I must have hit 14 GIR :eek:

scub almost had a hole in one on 1 - all in the spin ;)
    Ryainer putting not there today - couldn't miss one the last day I was with him - all of us working on stuff at moment in swing.

Finished - 6 over , good enough.

Would love a par round there some day - but there is always a Snowman around every corner.

We seen a lad there with a full bottle of whiskey :D:P- we all could have done with one when the clouds came in and play almost paused at about 3 degrees.

So if this is the start of how things will go next year - can't wait. Once I can improve swing path :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

2 under par for 15 holes today for 35 points.

Played really well and the highlight was birdieing all the par 3's! [2nd, 6th and 10th] Had 2 other birdies on the 1st and 15th holes. Only hit 2 bad shots the whole day, 2 pulls on the 7th and 11th that cost me bogeys, but my chipping and putting was really on song compared with the week previous and in the cold, wet conditions, it was a great score.

Sadly, won't be good enough for a prize. 2 other lads in my category also had 35's and they both had better back 9's. The money I'll get from the 2's club more than makes up for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

34 points around the Gold Coast yesterday off 17. no scratches was the best of it with 7 3 putts and a 4 putt total 39 putts!!! I'd have been better off with a shovel just couldn't get it in the hole.

2 birdies 2 pars 7 doubles and 7 bogeys. Could've been a 40+ so easily. ...

Rik you sound like you are playing your best golf ever. Some amount of Birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Delighted just to get out today! Only second game in 6 weeks. Only 3 pars, 12 bogies and 3 doubles. Short game let me down, chipping was erratic and putter was stone cold. Only sank a decent length putt on the 18th. But iron striking was crisp and true. Keep thinking there's a great score about to come but every week something small keeps it back. Ah well, maybe next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

29 points of 18 today in Roundwood in what was the worst conditions iv ever played Golf in .

12 out and 17 in . First time playing the course and I think the lack of course knowledge cost me a few shots . Driver was in good form today especially on back 9 . Woods and hybrids I'm quite happy with and I'm hitting my irons well , today with the wind I over shot a few greens and came up short on others so on another day it could of been a high percentage of greens hit .

But my chipping around greens is terrible . I just haven't had the time to practice the short game and unless I can improve this part of the game I'll never get any lower . I literally duffed or bladed every second chip I played today , So frustrating .

But enjoyed every minute of it today .

Rik you sound like you are playing your best golf ever. Some amount of Birds.

Not to toot my own horn too much, but I am playing pretty class.

Now having said that, it is winter conditions and placing everywhere and a shortened course, but still, delighted to be churning out the scores I'm churning out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

32 points for 12 holes on Sat with the mother of all hangovers after christmas party.

1 bogey, 3 birdies and 8 pars.

Placing & temp greens but still very happy.

GreeBo wrote: »
    32 points for 12 holes on Sat with the mother of all hangovers after christmas party.

1 bogey, 3 birdies and 8 pars.

Placing & temp greens but still very happy.

I should have added that to mine as well. Was out till 4 am boozing, woke up at 8 am to watch MOTD and was on the golf course by 10 am. I think being hungover/tired just makes the golf infinitely better!

Lads - class day for golf - was over 9 degrees at times - practising hard for mini winter league (;)) :P
    After 2 lessons - something back on track and hitting it as well as I was at start of year.

Definitely see a par round in me next year - but have to work out how to get more birdies or less brain farts - about 1 bad hole a nine - But basically regulation for 6/7 of them . Up and downs improving, long putting excellent - short putting still weak

So 3 over for 10 - 2 poxy 3 putts from Birdie positions. Embarrassing - ridiculous.

Stayed on and practised putting for hour - in December, class - or this global warming is serious :)

EDIT - just seen it is going to be coldest winter in 50 years - got to love Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

27pts for 13 holes in Moate this morning. Decent round but could have been a lot better as I had several putts either just short or lip out.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

+3 today for 15 holes, short game was electric. 12 pars, 3 bogey's
    36pts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

1st full 18 holes in about 5-6 weeks today. Was a fair gale blowing, easily a 2 club wind. Was good to get back out swinging.

Was plenty of rust to knock off on the short game, and swing changes resulted in a few loose tee shots. But in between all that there was some good stuff mixed in.

Might pick up a turkey, was leading the nearest to pin on 17th with a shot to 6 1/2 feet (missed the birdie putt)

And followed it up with an eagle on 18 (first time eagling that hole) to put a high finish on the day. drive left in about 195 to the pin, hit hybrid to about 8ft, and rolled the putt in the centre.

Lost a ball, 32 points, plenty work needed, but plenty of time to get it done for next season

easily a 2 club wind.

More like a 4 club wind. very tough out there today. birdied the first and thought i was on to a winner but nothing happened after that.

Played well though otherwise. 30 points for 15 holes. Just couldnt get a stitch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Once again, nice to get out yesterday, but as others said conditions were very tough. Really struggled again, short game was desperate, lost count of the three putts, in fact 4 putted one green- outside chance of a birdie (15 to 20ft) and walked off with a scratch!

Finished with only 28 points, lowest score in months....in fact I finished bottom of my category, then checked the rest and I was last in the entire field!!!

Out on The Heath today for 10 - 3 over for the 10.

I think it is my last game of 2014 - and delighted how the year has ended. It is the best I have struck the ball all year.

Very very wet and dirty out there.

Just got 2 hours free and was passing. Enjoyed it , course struggling at moment, well any would after the weather we have had. Hit my best 3 wood I ever hit off the deck - 240 yards onto green. Don't think I've ever done that. I'm not a real fairway wood man.

So very positive finish to year, better swing I feel - just need to grab a pro and sharpen short game and feel I can get to 5 in 2015 - a 2nd target to get a par round - short putting will have to improve for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

first round in around 10 weeks..shot a 2 under nett (80). Happy out. Out again in the morning looks like I'm hooked again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Got out today shotgun start bad frost in tramore. Played 16 hole comp 33pts with a blank on a par3. Happy to just get out 1st rd in a few wks..

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭gary29428

I normally get QSH (qualifying score home) and QSA (qualifying score away) on my handicap cert but I played in a club singles a few weeks ago and it's down as RSH, any idea what this means....

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Reduction only Stableford Home

• Advertisement

Any idea what that means...

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Happens when CSS is greater than SSS +4. Usually on a very tough day weather wise.

It means no 0.1s back. Only handicap reductions, for lads that played well enough to beat CSS.

OK....thanks for that, appreciate the help...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭plumber77

2014 thread lads

Advertisement