Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

34 at Los Colinas
    12 out 22 back
    Highlight on par 5 18
    Hammered driver & 3w into green side bunker
    Nearly holed 20y bunker shot for eagle missed 3ft back for birdie 😩

Super course & serious test from back tees
    Well worth a go for any one out around Campoamor
    Has held senior qualifying & 2nd stage of qualifying for euro tour

Melted in 30+ degrees....that's my excuse 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

38 points off 15 in the open singles yesterday evening in the curragh, 1 better than last week.
    9 pars
    6 bogeys
    2 doubles
    1 scratch
    Feel like the game is in good shape, 2 poor drives cost me. Hopefully I'll go well the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

35 points today in the captain's qualifier which should mean I'm safely in for next Sunday without being really in the mix.

Wasn't too hot off the tee today but scrambled fairly well (had to :(). Didn't have much luck with the putter. Lagged very well,but missed a couple of short ones for up & downs that I've been holing with confidence recently.

One scratch, one double, the rest a mix of pars & bogeys

Could have been better, could have been a lot worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Had 33 points today, not a great score but very happy with my back 9. Had 13 on the front 9 and 20 on the bank 9. So 33 with 2 scratches and 3 single pointers wasn't too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

35 points today in the captain's qualifier which should mean I'm safely in for next Sunday without being really in the mix.

Wasn't too hot off the tee today but scrambled fairly well (had to :(). Didn't have much luck with the putter. Lagged very well,but missed a couple of short ones for up & downs that I've been holing with confidence recently.

One scratch, one double, the rest a mix of pars & bogeys

Could have been better, could have been a lot worse

Well done Spacecoyote. Solid enough score and as said now able to look forward to the main event/scoops next week. I playing tomorrow afternoon (halfday off work) to hopefully qualify. I think its top 140 players and ties go thru over Sat and Sun

Any good scores in today and how was the course looking.??

• Advertisement

Macker1 wrote: »
    Well done Spacecoyote. Solid enough score and as said now able to look forward to the main event/scoops next week. I playing tomorrow afternoon (halfday off work) to hopefully qualify. I think its top 140 players and ties go thru over Sat and Sun

Any good scores in today and how was the course looking.??

Not sure what kind of scores were in macker but didn't hear much around the club house of anything too outlandish while I was there.

Course was in great nick; despite a bit of rain was still pretty firm & the greens were running fairly quickly. They had a few more of the blue tees set on the back boxes which was good as the likes of the 4th & 11th are less of a test up from the whites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Monthly medal. 86 gross for 69 nett. 42 out 44 back. Happy i kept it together after a double on 11 and triple on 12.

Won cat prize off 15.6 now. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Nett 69 for a 5th place finish today in our Vice Captains Prize at Moate. No prize and cut to 13.6 but I was happy to play a nice steady round.

38 pts in the Captains Qualifier today. Should be safely thru to the main event next Sunday so whatever happens I will be having a bit of BBQ washed down by a few Bulmers

Game was quite strange with 17 pts on the front and 21 on the back. My driving was rubbish for most of the round, I managed some good up and downs and my putter was on fire which saved me a lot.

44 pts I believe is the leading score in the Qualifiers

38 pts in the Captains Qualifier today. Should be safely thru to the main event next Sunday so whatever happens I will be having a bit of BBQ washed down by a few Bulmers

Game was quite strange with 17 pts on the front and 21 on the back. My driving was rubbish for most of the round, I managed some good up and downs and my putter was on fire which saved me a lot.

44 pts I believe is the leading score in the Qualifiers

good shooting macker,looks like it'll be around the 31/32 mark to qualify going by scores on howdidido.

Looking at it, 44 is leading alright. there's a lad shot 43 dq'd for not signing card, he won't be a happy camper

• Advertisement

good shooting macker,looks like it'll be around the 31/32 mark to qualify going by scores on howdidido.

Looking at it, 44 is leading alright. there's a lad shot 43 dq'd for not signing card, he won't be a happy camper

I initially thought that as well but apparently he is unable to win his own event. It turns out he is the Captain. I knew his name sounded familiar when I seen the scores on howdidido.

Should be a good day next week and with a bit of luck we will get the weather.

PS.... The chap leading with the 44pts is the same fella that scored 50pts :eek: in one of the Monday Opens and he also brought in 46pts :eek: since then. His handicap has fallen from 21 down to 9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I initially thought that as well but apparently he is unable to win his own event. It turns out he is the Captain. I knew his name sounded familiar when I seen the scores on howdidido.

Should be a good day next week and with a bit of luck we will get the weather.

PS.... The chap leading with the 44pts is the same fella that scored 50pts :eek: in one of the Monday Opens and he also brought in 46pts :eek: since then. His handicap has fallen from 21 down to 9

He has gone from 21 to 9 and is still shooting 44 point that's ridiculous haha.

What club is this in so I avoid the opens there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Back down to Earth with a thump at the weekend. Presidents Prize in Rathcore and I stank the place up.

First round of single figures and I was N/R after the 3rd hole. Hit 4 balls off the tee into a forest area. Couldn't bring myself to hit a fifth. Annoying thing was I’d say all 4 balls landed within a metre of each other. Exact same bad swing on every single one! Rest of the round was just run of the mill stuff with some decent stuff and rubbish stuff.

Another two strokes comp over the next 2 weekends to make up for it.

ForeRight wrote: »
    He has gone from 21 to 9 and is still shooting 44 point that's ridiculous haha.

What club is this in so I avoid the opens there?

The 44pt yesterday was off a hcap of 11 so he is now down to 9.

Is does seem to indicate that his hcap was completely out of line with his ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

34 pts off 9 yesterday. Looking at my last 3 rounds I have had 36 2 pointers - biggest run was 12 in a row. Its 53 holes since I had a scratch. If i can figure out how to par a hole I have a shot on I might actually get cut again.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭LarMan

A No return. Strokes competition off the back tees in Bray. Front 9 was OK, would have had an equivalent of 19 points even with a scratch.

Back 9 was a disaster. Started with a 7 and then lost 4 balls off the tee on the 11th which is a blind tee shot, gave up after the 4th lost ball so hence a NR on my card. An 8 followed on the 14th along with double bogeys on 15 and 16. Finding it all very frustrating. Have had a .1 back in nearly every comp I have played this year. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Played 12 holes yesterday, started with a triple bogey, then 3 bogeys in a row +6 after 4 and then 8 pars to finish all of which were easy tap ins for pars some were a couple of rolls away from birdie but nonetheless happy with how I am playing. 28pts for the 12holes.

Need to get involved in a few competitions now as I don't want to be accused of babysitting my handicap, do people just stick their name down on the timesheet in an available slot and then others join them, I don't know many in my local club so have nobody really to go and play comps with.

Is does seem to indicate that his hcap was completely out of line with his ability.

Does seem shocking for a guy to start a year at 21 & to be shooting 3 over gross within a couple of months alright. Anyone know if its a young lad improving fast?

Course is grange castle by the way

Does seem shocking for a guy to start a year at 21 & to be shooting 3 over gross within a couple of months alright. Anyone know if its a young lad improving fast?

Course is grange castle by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

38 putts, 5 X 3 putts & 1 X 4 putt.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

36 and 36 on Saturday and Sunday. 8+ gross.

Putter was absolutely poisonous. My driver is red hot at the moment putting me in great positions and I've been capitalizing with some good iron play. Still a bit slack in parts but overall I'm happy tee to green.

Thought my short game had come on leaps and bounds but some players commentated over the weekend that " you look like a pro until you get to the green, where you start looking like the rest of us".

I was really pathetic, three putts all over the place, struggling with the pace of our greens meaning lots of birdie lipouts or racing putts passed the hole. Really concerning as my putting and chipping had drastically improved.

Organising a lesson with the club pro to take a look at my putting and chipping, need to tighten that **** up ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

Poor enough yesterday, 32 off 15 in the vice presidents at the curragh. 3 scratches did the damage, a rough enough weekend didn't help. Still think the low one is coming....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Disappointing day yesterday in the Lady Captain's prize, started off with a massive snap hook on the first tee and then proceeded to pull everything left for the next 6 or 7 holes under plenty of trees. Thereafter the "dreaded" crept back into my game with a total of 4 shanks putting me under more trees and hazards. A lot of frustrating hacking sideways back into play from under trees. Finished with 85 strokes (+12) off 8 handicap which would have been a hell of a lot worse if it wasn't for some good up and down bogey saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Disappointing day yesterday in the Lady Captain's prize, started off with a massive snap hook on the first tee and then proceeded to pull everything left for the next 6 or 7 holes under plenty of trees. Thereafter the "dreaded" crept back into my game with a total of 4 shanks putting me under more trees and hazards. A lot of frustrating hacking sideways back into play from under trees. Finished with 85 strokes (+12) off 8 handicap which would have been a hell of a lot worse if it wasn't for some good up and down bogey saves.

85 wasnt bad going! 80 won the gross prize, if your having a bad day off the tee black bush is a hard trek!! I didnt play myself, was on the beer saturday night, are you playing next sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

32pts in carrick today its open week btw course in great nick well worth the 12euro entry. Started with a birdie excitedly walked to the easy 2nd par3 went 7i was right club but pulled it left into greenside bunker walked off with a bloody 6. Another blank on front 9 left me 16pts heading onto the 10th. The heavens opened then big bang of thunder so 15min delay followed by more rubbish golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

After a few soul destroying scratch cups in the last few weekends shooting on average 100 it's back to stableford for me for the rest of the season. hope to be posting few cuts soon☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Played next round of Foursomes tonight. Won 4 & 2 on the 16th.
    Very close match with AS after 10 & then we started to pull ahead.
    Excellent opponents with very nice banter all way round. It's always nice to play with really nice people.

Apparently our next opponents are really tough but that was said about our last two matches! Hopefully, they will be thinking the same about us :)

Played latest round of the Club Singles Matchplay earlier today. I was giving my opponent 10 shots so needed to play well.

Started well and it was a good match with some nice play from both of us. He was 2 up after six but I made par of the next 3 holes to win and finish the front nine 1 up. The difference from then on was the lack of a short game and inconsistency from him which cost him badly over the next 5 holes in which I managed to close out the match 5 & 4. :)

We completed out the round and my scoring was an 81 which is 38pts so quite happy. Driving was still an issue but short irons improved and the putter is still running hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

72 strokes last Sunday in Lucan. Happy enough as it was my first game in almost a month after being on holidays. Short game is very rusty so a little work needed to get the sharpness back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

76 around Black Bush in the wednesday singles for 39 points, Driving the ball really well, never was in trouble off the tee which Is what you need around BlackBush, had 30 putts which was good with the new putter, good few 1 putts which always helps!
    Should be cut down to 4.9ish now heading in the right direction!

Advertisement