Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Absolute shocker today - ball all over the shop - in, behind and agains every tree - pulling slicing.
    Was a bit tired - but for feck sake.

29 points - out to 7.

Hopefully a once off - but in the back of your mind you are there - is that my game :eek:

Wouldnt worry about it we all have them days dude. Just seen u put up 6.6 now. 6.5 would have been 7 so u must have been 7 before this comp today?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Tones69 wrote: »
    Wouldnt worry about it we all have them days dude. Just seen u put up 6.6 now. 6.5 would have been 7 so u must have been 7 before this comp today?

Was, have been going out for a month or so. Sort of 34 - 33 - 35.

So only right to go up to 7.

Hopefully I have a good round soon. Playing many open comps away from my home course. Not sure what sort of impact this is having on handicap . Typically upwards :) - but I like testing myself away.

Anyway - we all have days like that. We need them for motivation sometimes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Just seen u put up 6.6 now. 6.5 would have been 7 so u must have been 7 before this comp today?

....kick a man while he's down, why don't you!

Dealerz wrote: »

Aahh no - not down at all - going up.

Hopefully I'll be a bandit off that :p - hitting Corballis Friday - extra shot in the bag :D

Dealerz wrote: »

Huh? Lets get one thing straight here, we are all amateurs regardless of hcap! That means we get .1s back. I get plenty myself!! My god

• Advertisement

Was, have been going out for a month or so. Sort of 34 - 33 - 35.

So only right to go up to 7.

Hopefully I have a good round soon. Playing many open comps away from my home course. Not sure what sort of impact this is having on handicap . Typically upwards :) - but I like testing myself away.

Anyway - we all have days like that. We need them for motivation sometimes too.

I do the v same myself! I play a lot of open comps away and i think that can affect u when u play home

Huh? Lets get one thing straight here, we are all amateurs regardless of hcap! That means we get .1s back. I get plenty myself!! My god

Jaysus Tones - the world seems to be against you since your return. I believe you on your distances btw.

You need to play more links man and get away from the midlands a bit more.

Links is good for the soul man. ;):D

Also good for swing speed - mine is 114 mph :pac: , but feck all use in the trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Played Fota yesterday and what a course, 1st time playing there and it was a great experience, greens were hard to read and were unreal dry so ball was running for ages...
    Ended up with 31pts off 14 , Happy Enough since never played there before

4 Pars , 10 Bogeys , 3 DB , 1 other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

32 points around Dundrum yesterday. 3 scratches thrown in, twice balding it out of greenside bunkers to scratch both holes. Course in great Nick but my God there wasn't only a shovel-full of sand in each bunker! Hit the buffer feels like a win:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Jaysus Tones - the world seems to be against you since your return. I believe you on your distances btw.

This meme springs to mind.

• Advertisement

kiers47 wrote: »
    This meme springs to mind.

Cracker meme ha, must save it

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Played the open singles at Waterford Castle again today.

Had 40 pts again off of 6.

5 Birdies
    6 pars
    7 bogeys

Again the 3 putts killed me. Had 4 of them today :rolleyes: Need to focus on my long putt distance control!!

Also made a good few silly mistakes. An under par round was right there for the taking!!

If standard scratch is 38 I should be down to 5.3! My lowest yet!

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    Played the open singles at Waterford Castle again today.

Had 40 pts again off of 6.

5 Birdies
    6 pars
    7 bogeys

Again the 3 putts killed me. Had 4 of them today :rolleyes: Need to focus on my long putt distance control!!

Also made a good few silly mistakes. An under par round was right there for the taking!!

If standard scratch is 38 I should be down to 5.3! My lowest yet!

To be honest it doesn't sound like you should be anywhere near 6 - ?
    Scratch - any background ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Had a half decent round there last night playing 18 hole open singles with Barnaboy and another member. Few very silly mistakes cost me the win unfortunately - first was on the first hole where i hit a decent drive, pulled my second into a bush and managed to hit the ball with my foot while seeing had i a shot at it or take an unplayable. Managed the let that anger go on the second tee box but hit a hazard with a slightly pulled tee shot but from the drop i hit probably the best 7 iron i have ever hit in my life, was laying up as i was 167m out and managed to land the ball on an elevated green pin high!! Made a balls of the 9th Par 3 for the first time ever and let the frustration effect my tee shot on the 10th but other than that I could have nearly parred every hole!!

1 Birdie
    7 Pars :eek:
    5 Bogies
    3 Doubles
    2 Scratches

39 points and enough for second place and a cut, my best ever singles result!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

31 off 16.. scratched first 2 managed 14 on the front.. driving let me down which is normally my strong point but managed to roll in a few puts but missed a decent amount as well. ball striking with my irons were top notch though some poor course management let me down.. playing tomorrow any tips to help me warm up? felt a bit unprepared going on tbh rushing at the end didn't help either

34 points around Corballis off 7.

3 bladed wedges and a fat wedge from perfect positions - that was in my game a while back and is back - Horrible shot to be worrying about. Funny thing.

Poor from 6 foot too.

Anyway - not bad considering - but very fine margins from playing ok golf.

One positive - got a 2 on 13 and was 95 cm - maybe won closest the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Played Open In Douglas Yesterday

Had 35pts off 14 and could have had a big score, had 5 proper Birdie chances from inside 12ft, got one and lipped 3 (only positive is that they lipped due to going for them)
    Then had a horrible 3 holes with only 1pt from the 3 of them, round looked set for a .1 so i set a goal for last 5 holes to try get home level for 35pts
    I must admit i let a few F's out of me when this was the only way to get into the buffer but never the less went at it and result was:

Birdie on index 1 , Par , Par , Bogey (chip short) , Par on 18th after only having 141yds left from driver on Par 5, bad bounce left into bunker, good short out and lipped the birdie tap in par....was massive confidence boost to know i can pull it out of the bag, i know it was probably one of those mad rounds but still

1 Birdie , 7 Pars , 6 Bogeys , 1 DB , 3 TB

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

33 off 15 in Corballis.

Should be happy with that but 4 scratches thrown in, 17 & 18 included. Bloody hate those fn holes :)
    In about 10 attempts I think I've scored 3 points from those 2 holes. So just -37 off level 2's :(

I'll get the hang of 18 yet, 17.... Maybe not.

Was flying on the front with 19 but 14 on the back was a shame.
    Think/hope it might be my first buffer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

PARlance wrote: »
    33 off 15 in Corballis.

Should be happy with that but 4 scratches thrown in, 17 & 18 included. Bloody hate those fn holes :)
    In about 10 attempts I think I've scored 3 points from those 2 holes. So just -17 off level 2's :(

I'll get the hang of 18 yet, 17.... Maybe not.

Was flying on the front with 19 but 14 on the back was a shame.
    Think/hope it might be my first buffer there.

Is there an Open there event Friday?

Is there an Open there event Friday?

Yip, every Friday pink, €15.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Yip, every Friday pink, €15.

Come out with us some week pink - we would love to see a real golfer - well dar is a real golfer.

But - would be nice to see ................

I'm diggin a hole - just come out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Definitely will before the Season is out. Will bring Benicetomonty along with me

Definitely will before the Season is out. Will bring Benicetomonty along with me

Emmm - we can only hold one "players" hand at a time.

Joking - we will organise 6 or 9 lads and see who can go under 80 :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Come out with us some week pink - we would love to see a real golfer - well dar is a real golfer.

But - would be nice to see ................

I'm diggin a hole - just come out. :D

is there one next Friday?

charlieIRL wrote: »
    is there one next Friday?

Every Friday.

I'm away - 2 weeks we will look at.

I'll stick something up - it is on wed and friday.

Best little comp going - don't tell anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Dear god this game is killing me. Cut one week and back up the next. 15 out and 7 yes 7 back. Scratched 9 holes including 6on the back. Aaaggghhh

Dear god this game is killing me. Cut one week and back up the next. 15 out and 7 yes 7 back. Scratched 9 holes including 6on the back. Aaaggghhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Don't think there's too many of us who haven't been there. Wouldn't get too upset, tomorrow's another day:-)

Don't think there's too many of us who haven't been there. Wouldn't get too upset, tomorrow's another day:-)

Not out till Sunday. Thank god, pints tonight.

• Advertisement

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Not out till Sunday. Thank god, pints tonight.

Going out for many??? More than a bad back 9? :)

Head up scrubber

Advertisement