Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

dar_cool wrote: »
    76 around Black Bush in the wednesday singles for 39 points, Driving the ball really well, never was in trouble off the tee which Is what you need around BlackBush, had 30 putts which was good with the new putter, good few 1 putts which always helps!
    Should be cut down to 4.9ish now heading in the right direction!

Great shooting Dar.

Always good when you get a new putter and it starts to deliver. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Been holding off on this update until the handicap change came through. Got the ESR as expected :D

314058.JPG

Played the weekend stoke competitition bright and early on Sunday. Drove and putted well. Driver has really turned a corner of late. The dream combo really, straighter, longer and more reliable. This puts me in a better position to score and keep me out of trouble.

Had played a casual round on Saturday morning and had an 82 gross as well. Was hoping to break 70 for the first time that day, after turning with a +2 38 but is wasn’t to be. Game felt good going into the Sunday competition though.
    http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/186-23526342-23526540

Wobbled with an 8 on the 12th on Sunday after a very steady front nine. Mad in that I was playing my 3 into a par 5 from 60 yards on this hole. Bladed my lob wedge into the very long grass behind the green. Would have been an easy enough pitch on with the PW but had to get clever with the LW. Started to panic a little bit walking off the green feeling like the round might get away from me. Fought back well to par the next two one of which is the index 1.
    http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/187-23566094-23566293

Had plenty of birdie chances on the day but none dropped.

Won the competition with a net 66 by one shot. My first outright competition win.

Very happy with the new handicap. Reflects the estimated handicap on Golfshot. Won't be winning anything for a while but I feel I'm in a good position to strike for the awesome prize that is a single figure HC.

Still working like a dog at the game. Swing never felt as good as it did at the last range session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Congrats Wombatman. Fully deserved. Head down and keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Playing my first comp Tuesday on Headfort New so had a casual round today seeing as its a while since I played on it.

84 Strokes
    IIRC,
    7pars
    1 Dbl Bogey
    10 Bogey's
    1 Drop
    41 IN and 43 OUT

Felt like an average round oddly enough. Guarantee Tuesday I'll play muck lol

Drove the ball well on some holes but the bad drives were still decent.
    Some decent irons, a lot were toe hits giving me to much draw.
    Hybrid was very good today, great help on the par 5's. Each one was driver,hybrid then either full or half 60°
    Putter behaved very nicely

Oops hc 20

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Shot 84 for 38 points off 14 on Wednesday in Coollattin. Not bad considering I had 35 putts and 3 double bogies. Down to 13. Feel good about my game, I know there's a couple of good scores in me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

33 points today off 21 in my first counting comp in Grange Castle .

Hitting the ball quite well since my lesson especially with the driver . And I'd 3 pars in a row today to start the back 9 which was a real highlight of my round .

But there is a stretch of holes 13 - 17 that are killing me . I'm starting to think it's a mental thing at this stage because it's every round I play there . Today I picked up 4 points from these 4 holes . Nightmare . And then I went and scratched the last from the middle of the FW and anyone that plays GC will know it's a handy enough Par 5 .

But I really enjoyed it and it will be the 1st of many .

33 points today off 21 in my first counting comp in Grange Castle .

Hitting the ball quite well since my lesson especially with the driver . And I'd 3 pars in a row today to start the back 9 which was a real highlight of my round .

But there is a stretch of holes 13 - 17 that are killing me . I'm starting to think it's a mental thing at this stage because it's every round I play there . Today I picked up 4 points from these 4 holes . Nightmare . And then I went and scratched the last from the middle of the FW and anyone that plays GC will know it's a handy enough Par 5 .

But I really enjoyed it and it will be the 1st of many .

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your round.

Holes 13-16 are troublesome at times and need good drives and approaches or you can be in trouble. Holes 17 & 18 are handy enough but I been in the middle of the 18th myself and walked off with a scratch. Sometimes it happens so don't worry about it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Macker1 wrote: »
    Glad to hear that you enjoyed your round.

Holes 13-16 are troublesome at times and need good drives and approaches or you can be in trouble. Holes 17 & 18 are handy enough but I been in the middle of the 18th myself and walked off with a scratch. Sometimes it happens so don't worry about it at all.
    Cheers . Yeah them holes are a real card wrecker alright . Best of luck tomorrow and hopefully yous get the weather for it .

I think cause 18 is so short anything besides a bogey or less is a sin

Cheers . Yeah them holes are a real card wrecker alright . Best of luck tomorrow and hopefully yous get the weather for it .

I think cause 18 is so short anything besides a bogey or less is a sin

Weather is meant to be alright so fingers crossed.
    Looking for a solid performance but would need a great score of about 44pts to be in the mix.

The clubs are washed and the prayers have been said so all that's left to to sell my soul to the devil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

37 in casual round off new handicap of 13. Drove like a pig but short game was dialled in. One scratch too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Played 9 holes this evening in preparation for tomorrow's provincial towns semi final

+1 bring it on 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Panrich

I am so close to breaking 100 (my long term goal). 104 this evening with 5 lost balls. Driving the big issue and I might actually keep it is the bag for the next round as I hit 4 drives less than 100 yards (and averaged 111 from 10). It's killing any chance I have. I actually hit one 5 iron 187 yds to 20 feet and a few other nice irons too to compensate but also quite a few chunks.

Saying all that I still managed 3 pars (should have been 4 as I unbelievably missed a 3 footer). 25 putts was achieved by my best chipping round ever and I stiffed 7 chips from between 25-40 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Panrich wrote: »
    I am so close to breaking 100 (my long term goal). 104 this evening with 5 lost balls. Driving the big issue and I might actually keep it is the bag for the next round as I hit 4 drives less than 100 yards (and averaged 111 from 10). It's killing any chance I have. I actually hit one 5 iron 187 yds to 20 feet and a few other nice irons too to compensate but also quite a few chunks.

Saying all that I still managed 3 pars (should have been 4 as I unbelievably missed a 3 footer). 25 putts was achieved by my best chipping round ever and I stiffed 7 chips from between 25-40 yards.

How long have you been playing? I started playing at the start of the year and have driving issues a lot where it's either very good or very very bad, it's been very bad lately so I hit irons off every tee for a round last week and shot 93 which was my second best ever score

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

My biggest issue when I started (November last year) was driving aswell.
    Hitting 3 off the tee is never a good start to a hole.

Even now if I'm not feeling the driver I usually hit my 19° Hybrid, its good for 210-215 carry and loads of roll.

Last week I got my second lesson of a new pro aswell. Within an hour I went from a high slice to a draw. On the course I get the odd straight or fade but its such a difference that I shot a personal best of 84 on a tough course. For me I was afraid the changes I'd need to make would be big and my game would suffer for a while (happened with the first lesson I got) but this time the effect was nearly instantaneous.

You'll break 100 in no time, if your ever in Meath and looking for a game I got out a fair bit every week in the Headfort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

84 off 9 for 75 nett in Rathcore Lady Captains Prize today.

Weird round. Turned 8 over and thinking this round was goosed. Then made it to 18th (hole I tend to par) at only 10 over and a 73 in the pocket. Bad decision to go for a 160 carry from rough and ended with a double. 75 but in the buffer.

Driving good, irons OK and putting not great, in fact terrible.

9 Pars
    6 Bogeys
    3 doubles (treacherous vermin)

FIR 93%
    GIR 39%
    Putts 34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

29 points of 16.
    Never really settled in the round. Driving irons and short game all just meh. Gonna blame a bad nights sleep. Captains prize on Saturday need to do some work on mind and stay in the shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

29 points of 16.
    Never really settled in the round. Driving irons and short game all just meh. Gonna blame a bad nights sleep. Captains prize on Saturday need to do some work on mind and stay in the shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Out on my own today, +17 on my home course, (16 HC) first time playing anywhere near it since I got it last year, left a lot of putts behind me too which is strange.

Problem is that I hate the 4th hole and only start playing well after that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

35pts / 87 strokes off 14 in stableford competition at Moate today. Very happy with my driving and irons. I found a lot of fairways and was on the green in regulation regularly but.......yet again my putting let me down. 3 putted several times.

I had one good putt all day which was a tricky downhiller for a birdie on the 16th. That's a hole that's caused me grief lately so it was lovely to get a birdie on it.

Putting practice is a must for this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

76 gross for +3 off the blues in monthly medal today, putting was good again, hit a lot of fairways which was nice, used the 3 wood alot. Won't be enough to win but maybe a gross or class prize. Another nice little cut hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

take it your looking for another magazine cover lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

dar_cool wrote: »
    76 gross for +3 off the blues in monthly medal today, putting was good again, hit a lot of fairways which was nice, used the 3 wood alot. Won't be enough to win but maybe a gross or class prize. Another nice little cut hopefully.

Nice shooting, 71 nett? Coming into good form for the captains qualifier and prize over the next couole of weeks.
    Had a round of 80 myself for a nett 72 but still pulling a lot of balls left. In four green side bunkers from good positions in the centre of the fairway and got into trouble a couple of times off the tee also. Enjoyable day out with only one extended shower for a couple of holes, can't beat playing strokes especially off the back sticks.
    Heard there was a nett 66 in so not sure what they're going to do for the captains to limit all these hugh scores, the rough is very generously cut down and greens not overly fast so conditions tend to favour the higher handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Nice shooting, 71 nett? Coming into good form for the captains qualifier and prize over the next couole of weeks.
    Had a round of 80 myself for a nett 72 but still pulling a lot of balls left. In four green side bunkers from good positions in the centre of the fairway and got into trouble a couple of times off the tee also. Enjoyable day out with only one extended shower for a couple of holes, can't beat playing strokes especially off the back sticks.
    Heard there was a nett 66 in so not sure what they're going to do for the captains to limit all these hugh scores, the rough is very generously cut down and greens not overly fast so conditions tend to favour the higher handicap.
    Yeah pretty sure I was in the group behind you, yeah guy in our group had 66nett, he had an 86 gross which for a guy off 20 was super shooting, yeah rough not long enough and greens still not cut down enough. Hopefully that will be done next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,126 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Earn the right to hit your driver, get a rescue or 5 wood and enjoy the cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ballyk

35 points in Ballykisteen yesterday. Double bogey on the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,126 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Beaten on 16 today in club championship.
    Was giving a shot and was 7 over playing 16.
    Opponent holed 7 putts from outside 6 feet so not much more I could have done.
    29 putts
    67% FIR
    17% GIR

9 pars
    8 bogeys
    Double on 18 after finding the drink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Managed a tidy 41pts off 6(5.8)...thought the round was finished after a poor run of holes starting on the 4th..putter let me down with 3 poor bogeys in a row..but kept the nead finished the day with 4 birdies. Could have been more. Should get cut back to 5 again. My previous best best round was +2. i,ve been in poor form for a few weeks pulling shots to the left but a little tweek during a round on wednesday got the driver going straight again. Someone said to me recently that a handicap of 5 is a jinx number? Is this true and what do they mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭big_drive

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Managed a tidy 41pts off 6(5.8)...thought the round was finished after a poor run of holes starting on the 4th..putter let me down with 3 poor bogeys in a row..but kept the nead finished the day with 4 birdies. Could have been more. Should get cut back to 5 again. My previous best best round was +2. i,ve been in poor form for a few weeks pulling shots to the left but a little tweek during a round on wednesday got the driver going straight again. Someone said to me recently that a handicap of 5 is a jinx number? Is this true and what do they mean?

Probably that 5 is a bit of a crossroads in terms of getting handicap lower. All of a sudden you're only losing .1's instead of .2's. Also you must finish within one shot of standard scratch to avoid getting a .1 back

Mixed day at the office for the Captains Day yesterday. Felt good starting but was unable to avoid scratching 4 holes during the round and this resulted in coming in with only 31pts.
    I hit some very nice shots giving me birdie opportunities but was unable to make any of the putts which would have made a big difference

The weather was great and it was a good day for scoring which hurts all the more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

36pts off 9 yesterday. no scratch now in 71 holes. didnt start great but played last 11 in +3. if only i could get some time to practice midweek, making some stupid mistakes around the greens

Advertisement