Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamela - Our record signing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Hatch99 wrote: »
    You telling me he'll be as good as bale? Hope your right!!

No I said Bale was terrible too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Going from bad to worse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Going from bad to worse

Terrible player can't beat a player can't hold onto the ball can't pass a ball no more than 10 yards serious lack of upper body strength. We were robbed buying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

May as well not be playing today for what he was offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jonny Haliday

Absolute show pony I'm sorry to say.
    Another disaster of a buy. Apart from rabonna, a complete write off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

If his confidence was low before the window closed, I'd say it's rock bottom now - since we tried to loan him out to any club that would listen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

he looked a lot more confident today- looks like his trip with argentina was a blessing

and the spikey headed show donkey got another assist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

davycc wrote: »
    he looked a lot more confident today- looks like his trip with argentina was a blessing

Yeah, he looked great in the centre, hope Poch takes note that this is his best position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He took his goal very well. I'll say one thing he doesn't go hiding, the crowd were on his back in the first half, giving the ball away unnecessarily. He stuck at it and got his goal.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He took his goal very well. I'll say one thing he doesn't go hiding, the crowd were on his back in the first half, giving the ball away unnecessarily. He stuck at it and got his goal.

I agree with you there. Even his finish took a lot of balls, waiting for the keeper to commit like that took balls. The lad has skills. An assist and a goal in his last two games now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

To be fair, he always seems to get stuck in. It's not his attitude that we are having issues with, its his consistency and ability in the league so far. Hopefully he comes good, but i just don't see it happening at this stage.

Prove us wrong Lamela.

Best effort from him in the PL today? Looks like his confidence is growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'd like to see him playing centrally with Son on the wing. I think Lamela plays better instinctively.

He definitely earned his place today, his best performance in a Spurs short, tracked back and put in a great effort. He has the skills, just needs to leave the freestyle stuff at home and get on with it. His confidence is growing every game.

He definitely earned his place today, his best performance in a Spurs short, tracked back and put in a great effort. He has the skills, just needs to leave the freestyle stuff at home and get on with it. His confidence is growing every game.

Spot on, especially this part. Inept on the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

https://streamable.com/ie7k

Perfect counter attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Who is this guy and what has he done with the Lamela we all moan about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

irishmover wrote: »
    Who is this guy and what has he done with the Lamela we all moan about?

I suspect when he realised no one even wanted him on load he decided he better get the finger out?

Or he's playing to get a move away next summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

leonards wrote: »
    I suspect when he realised no one even wanted him on load he decided he better get the finger out?

Or he's playing to get a move away next summer?

That's harsh. His work rate was excellent last season, it's his decision making and confidence which has always been poor.

Certainly taken him more than a while to adjust. I keep forgetting he's only a kid, new league, not speaking English. There's many factors.

Looks a different animal this season, the attacking group are forming an alliance. Playing him out on the wing was a travesty.

Would love to see him crack in a goal against Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

To be fair he has been trying hard for quite a while (maybe too hard at times).

The role he had in the goal was a great to see. He had to dig the ball out. Played well all through the game. I think if he passes more he will be fine. His problem is that he runs into traffic too often.

Also played well on Thu night. Hopefully plays tomorrow now that he is on a roll.

Another assist and a goal. Seems a lot stronger this season. Delighted to see him score today, he seemed to really enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Another assist and a goal. Seems a lot stronger this season. Delighted to see him score today, he seemed to really enjoy it!

He would have gotten another assist if Son didn't interfere Chadli's header. :)

His in-swingers are very good.

Lamela has been called up for the Argentine national team as a replacement for the injured Messi

lamela he scores when he likes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

He was excellent again tonight in a scrappy game.

Advertisement