Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamela - Our record signing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

SuprSi wrote: »
    I think you've nominated yourself as the designated match thread starter in that case!

Until things go horribly wrong then we can all blame Devo. DL is safe we have a new scapegoat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This doesn't sound good...
    No Stomach for the fight:

"Erik Lamela’s Tottenham career looks all but over after his father revealed the player is desperate to quit White Hart Lane.

Lamela only joined Spurs in the summer as part of a club record £30million deal, but he has struggled to adapt to life in England.

And despite Tim Sherwood previously shrugging off speculation that the 21-year-old could leave on-loan this month, Jose Lamela says his son is desperate to leave.

‘Erik is not happy and wants to go back to Italy,’ he told the Italian media.

‘He has been linked with Lazio, but I don’t know anything about this. Could he re-join Roma? I don’t know.

‘Tottenham does not want him to leave in January.’

Lamela has made just nine Premier League appearances this term – and was previously linked with a transfer to Inter Milan."

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/07/erik-l...mela-4253483/?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Metro, anti spurs rag mag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Played in an organised friendly today v Charlton. So did Holtby.
    Spurs won 10-6, both Lamela and Holtby scored. Obika scored six.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I think we should keep him but do with him what we have done with other youngsters, ie Walker,Caulker,Rose, Livermore..send them out with gaurantteed Prem Football every week. Holtby to for that matter.
    Let them come back in the summer with the Prem experience ready to rock.
    I was listening to The Spurs Show podcast this morning, and one of the guests was saying that , he was in Argentina 3 years ago watching River Plate and this young lad was running rings round everyone, and the locals and natives were saying he's their new Maradonna, this lad then went to Roma!!!!:eek:
    We CANT sell him or loan him out of the EPL!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Glebee

I think we should keep him but do with him what we have done with other youngsters, ie Walker,Caulker,Rose, Livermore..send them out with gaurantteed Prem Football every week. Holtby to for that matter.
    Let them come back in the summer with the Prem experience ready to rock.
    I was listening to The Spurs Show podcast this morning, and one of the guests was saying that , he was in Argentina 3 years ago watching River Plate and this young lad was running rings round everyone, and the locals and natives were saying he's their new Maradonna, this lad then went to Roma!!!!:eek:
    We CANT sell him or loan him out of the EPL!!!!

Heard the podcast alright this morning. Surely putting Lamela out on loan is a complete disaster. If he is put out on loan who ever approved the purchase should be ****ed straight out the door after him.

Glebee wrote: »
    Heard the podcast alright this morning. Surely putting Lamela out on loan is a complete disaster. If he is put out on loan who ever approved the purchase should be ****ed straight out the door after him.

Fully agree. You don't spend that kind of money on a player and then send him out on loan (unless you're Chelsea).

SuprSi wrote: »
    Fully agree. You don't spend that kind of money on a player and then send him out on loan (unless you're Chelsea).

We already paid the 30m but that should not stop us doing what is firstly, best for the club and also what is good for the player. If loaning him out is the right thing to do then do it. It didn't work out yet, sometimes these things are instant success other times not so. I don't think someone should automatically be sacked if he is loaned out.

Personally I would not loan him out til he has got the chance to play a half dozen full and consecutive games for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

He needs a few games, loaning him out is not necessary. He is a class above Walker, Caulker, Rose et al. He played a full season for Roma last season in Serie A and banged in 15 goals. He needs a run of games, he should be started at home to Palace, away to Swansea and if he shows form in those two at home to City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

if he's going to be loaned out it should be to another premier league club who are maybe battling relegation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Loaning out a 30 million player is farcical. Just play him, even for 20 minute bursts coming on as sub until his confidence grows. It's the only way he's going to progress in this league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

if he is fit id start him for the next 5 games in a row and he will be absolutely flying by then im sure...needs actual real game time to grow..10mins here and there isnt worth a fook to him overall...only way he will show his true abilites will be by like this imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Both his father and brother have both said he's not going anywhere in January so he's here for a bit longer anyway hopefully he gets some more game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Both his father and brother have both said he's not going anywhere in January so he's here for a bit longer anyway hopefully he gets some more game time.

He'll have to put the work in and fight for his place if he's to make the World Cup.

Hopefully we see the best of him, I think he could be great for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

OK so Lamela doubtful according to Michael Bridge in twitter.

FFS..getting really p1ssed off with this Lamela saga..

From now on, he's known to me as................Pamela!

In fairness were decimated with injuries, to me there seems to be more injuries than ever, and that goes for all clubs. And considering you can barely make a tackle these days, what with all the latest technology to enhance recovery it's worse than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

It's all gone very quiet on this thread! What the plan do you think? I'm hoping he plages in EL...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

He's out for another 6 weeks with a back injury isn't he? So don't think there's any plan for now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Something fishy about all this Lamela injury stuff.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

tippspur wrote: »
    Something fishy about all this Lamela injury stuff.

You think ? Ye reckon he's not injured and there only coddin us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sounds like a job for NCIS to me.

Or the Criminal Minds team. Whichever floats your boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    You think ? Ye reckon he's not injured and there only coddin us ?

I get jokes!! :D

I get jokes!! :D

Thanks pal ;)

Are jokes meant to be funny?

Funny ones are. Sarcastic ones? mean jokes really need to be funny. Arsenal funny jokes may not be funny to Arsenal fans.

What ta fcuck am I rambling on about????????????

Are you ? x

• Advertisement

Advertisement