Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamela - Our record signing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »

sure god help us, cant see poor eric making the Argentina first 11 after starting so few games for us

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    sure god help us, cant see poor eric making the Argentina first 11 after starting so few games for us

I'd be shocked if he made the WC Squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

id be shocked if sherwood didnt start bentaleb....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Drives me mad when people call him a flop,he hasn't had a chance to be anything because he didn't get enough games or was injured most of the time,he'll be a superstar for us next season.

tippspur wrote: »
    Drives me mad when people call him a flop,he hasn't had a chance to be anything because he didn't get enough games or was injured most of the time,he'll be a superstar for us next season.

Hope your right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hope your right

i hope the 2 of you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I hope you're all wrong. Lamela to be a superstar this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Just hope our players play with Heart tonight and don't surrender.

Hope we don't get Slaughtered.

COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Just scored a peach against Germany!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Just scored a peach against Germany!

That's a prity decent Argentina team as well. It can only improve his confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Glebee wrote: »
    That's a prity decent Argentina team as well. It can only improve his confidence.

Very much so, Di Maria looks some player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Nice strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Class finish.

fcuking garbage again, no excuses, hasn't done a tap since he's signed

fcuking garbage again, no excuses, hasn't done a tap since he's signed

Head went down after Fat Frank robbed a penalty off him. Hard to excuse it though.

Head went down after Fat Frank robbed a penalty off him. Hard to excuse it though.

He's robbing a living at Spurs at the moment, and some give Townsend abuse week on week, this guy is getting away lightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

He's robbing a living at Spurs at the moment, and some give Townsend abuse week on week, this guy is getting away lightly.

what about vertonghen / adebayour ?

They are much higher wages than lamela i would imagine. Lamela is far from the only player robbing a living

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

IMO every single footballer in the PL is robbing a living.

mickman wrote: »
    what about vertonghen / adebayour ?

They are much higher wages than lamela i would imagine. Lamela is far from the only player robbing a living

He's one glum player, at least smile now and then. Can't imagine the club allowing him do any charity work, no sick kids for Jan. You can imagine him banging his missus, she turns round "Hey Jan, fancy trying out a new position" NO..it's missionary or nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Is it Lemela's fault that he and Roma were offerd silly money for his signature ?

The blame for having this massively overpriced joker at Spurs is with Baldini and Levy.

He may still come good, but I am running out of paitence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Goal of the season from our record signing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Goal of the season from our record signing?

Shame it's against a very poor team but a brilliant skill of his bad foot! Goal of the season so far definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Goal number two not too shabby either:-)

Has done nothing since he signed.....garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Has done nothing since he signed.....garbage

Lamela is among one of the very few players in the entire squad at the moment who you can tell has some world class footballing ability. Him and perhaps Eriksen and Lloris are the only great players at the club at the moment. To suggest he is "garbage" just boggles the mind. Do you ever even watch him play and have you ever seen him play in the flesh? The lad is technically gifted and a fantastic footballer. I honestly don't believe you've ever seen him play if you think he's "garbage".

At only 22 I think Lamela has tremendous potential and I think that if he sticks with spurs and some of his team-mates decide to turn up to games he could become one of the best players in the premiership. If it doesn't work out for him at spurs I can without a doubt see him making a name for himself in any major team around the world as his career goes on.

You can essentially totally forget about last season as far as Lamela is concerned as he was injured for basically the whole season and when he did play, was part of a squad which has just added 7 players none of whom had played in the premiership before, quite obviously not the best place to come into.

This year we are 11 games into the league and he has 4 assists and he Europe he has bagged a couple of goals. You said in your post "he has done nothing" which again would lead me to question whether you have even watched him play.

Give the lad a chance, he already looks good and I think if we manage to get our act together as a team at some point in the coming years Lamela will emerge as a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Give the lad a chance, he already looks good and I think if we manage to get our act together as a team at some point in the coming years Lamela will emerge as a star.

I was/am very much in the 'give Lamela a chance' group. Though there has been only one flash of brilliance since he arrived.

I think Lamela is quite fortunate that we had the Bale experience before him because it took three years before we saw a flash of brilliance from Bale but he was consistently brilliant after that.

Lamela seems like an intelligent player who can play on the same wavelength as Soldado or Eriksen, though this hasn't happened frequently enough.

Also, it's way too early to be calling Lamela "World Class". He regularly misplaces passes, which infuriates me. Simple passes too. His concentration and decision making need work but these are things that can come with experience.

Sure there was a time we all thought Bale was garbage:cool::cool:

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Lamela is among one of the very few players in the entire squad at the moment who you can tell has some world class footballing ability. Him and perhaps Eriksen and Lloris are the only great players at the club at the moment. To suggest he is "garbage" just boggles the mind. Do you ever even watch him play and have you ever seen him play in the flesh? The lad is technically gifted and a fantastic footballer. I honestly don't believe you've ever seen him play if you think he's "garbage".

At only 22 I think Lamela has tremendous potential and I think that if he sticks with spurs and some of his team-mates decide to turn up to games he could become one of the best players in the premiership. If it doesn't work out for him at spurs I can without a doubt see him making a name for himself in any major team around the world as his career goes on.

You can essentially totally forget about last season as far as Lamela is concerned as he was injured for basically the whole season and when he did play, was part of a squad which has just added 7 players none of whom had played in the premiership before, quite obviously not the best place to come into.

This year we are 11 games into the league and he has 4 assists and he Europe he has bagged a couple of goals. You said in your post "he has done nothing" which again would lead me to question whether you have even watched him play.

There is no question he has been garbage since he signed for Spurs...for 30m quid, he's been shocking. What have you seen to indicate that he's world class?? 1/2 pieces of magic in 1 and a bit seasons.
    Yes last season was a nightmare for him, I'll give him that, but even so far this season, he has done next to nothing. Gives the ball away constantly, was the cause of vital goals against us against Arsenal and City.

What would you give him out of 10, 3 or 4??

One more thing, I have seen him plenty of times so fcuk off with those comments ;)

P.S. I'd love him to be a success, but we have been too nice for long enough with fellas like him, bit of honesty does no harm.

• Advertisement

Sure there was a time we all thought Bale was garbage:cool::cool:

Agree, and I hope this fella turns out to be as good...

Advertisement