Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albert Quay - New Development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Great photos, thanks!

Feels like it's flying up with the glass panes going on

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Michael..

It'll be great to see the new boardwalk go in too. The quay wall is a bit of a disgrace at the moment - makes the place look very dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

View of new building from the Clarion this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Milex

A few new pictures from the 2. July 2015

//goo.gl/photos/jcwJ7mhop4ghRaPs8

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cork981

Good time lapse video of the construction regularly updated here.

https://youtu.be/AU-6qQFsNA4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Michael.. wrote: »
    It'll be great to see the new boardwalk go in too. The quay wall is a bit of a disgrace at the moment - makes the place look very dirty.

when is this due?

And another update, some more glass panels are installed. Looks rather random how they put them on, some here some there.

//goo.gl/photos/dyBfCeum6sv296ty5

And another update, some more glass panels are installed. Looks rather random how they put them on, some here some there.

Also some pictures of the closed bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Milex wrote: »

Also some pictures of the closed bridge.

Looking good!
    Is the bridge being ripped down and replaced or just refurbished?

Not sure about the bridge, but from what I have seen it is a refurbishment, not a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

the bridge revamp is similar to what they did to Brian Boru bridge. reinforcing the steel beams, resurfacing, new signage and some decorative lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Looking forward to being back home this weekend and check out the development. Not been in cork in about 4 months so i imagine i'll see big changes :)

A new Picture, some more glass panels: //goo.gl/photos/RopQNXFpsAA73Wke9

Also the bridge is going strong: //goo.gl/photos/ayfGiuS9RPKrt7tq6

And another small update: https://goo.gl/photos/S74NF4U24ASn3NXk7

And another update, some more glass panels and the bridge is getting better as well.
    https://goo.gl/photos/2kuVsEUUNdCqaKGS7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

great pics - it seems to have gone up in a very short period of time. It's hard to believe the shabby old sheds that were on the site prior to this new build were right next to City Hall practically.

I'm not overly familiar with Cork in recent times but those modern buildings to the north of the renovated bridge (Clarion etc) shown in the bridge pics are really impressive too. You can already see their reflection in the glass panels of the new Albert building in one or two of the pics.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

If I owned the sextant I'd be rubbing my hands with glee.

Has there been any talk on here regarding the Odlums factory being bought? Talks of a nightclub going in there but that's not going to happen imo - either way, there's movement being made towards developing more of the Quay - going to be interesting to see how it pans out because as soon as that office block is up and running, there'll be additional businesses going up around that area

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

I have noticed Loftus demolition being very busy down the docks over the last few months so they were either taking down old dangerous buildings or perhaps clearing the way for new development.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Demolishing old silos belonging to r&h hall I believe didn't thing it was related to any development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

When is it due to be finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

leahyl wrote: »
    When is it due to be finished?

I think Tyco plan to move in in February

I think Tyco plan to move in in February
    That won't be long rolling around - time's flying in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭opus

ofcork wrote: »
    Demolishing old silos belonging to r&h hall I believe didn't thing it was related to any development.

Was down that direction last night for the 5k race & this is just behind the Odlums building.

24fa4ib.jpg

That's the second one I've seen been taken down there, last year they demolished the one just down the dock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Maybe there is something going to happen down there so.

ofcork wrote: »
    Maybe there is something going to happen down there so.
    Mentioned in a post above - Odlums site was purchased, talks the new owner wanted to put a nightclub in there but given the prospect of having a canary wharf / Dublin dock styled business block down there means I doubt it'll happen.

There will absolutely be more development down that direction, it's only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

The demolition of the Odlums silo is kind of odd. It was started around April, worked on for a few days, and then work stopped and has been sitting there half-demolished like that ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Im almost certain that nightclub story was a complete spoof made up by someone on facebook.

CHealy wrote: »
    Im almost certain that nightclub story was a complete spoof made up by someone on facebook.
    That's the thing - the nightclub part is clearly bollíx - the fact that the area was purchased I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Costs a few bob to get a building demolished i imagine, there must be something planned.

Advertisement