Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ming Flanagan this morning

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭paulbok

SixPot wrote: »
    I wear a suit for work as well as for casual wear on weekends or on holidays. I think that if you expect respect from people then you should dress in attire that shows that you have self respect. A well tailored suit demands respect. It gives you an air of authority that the normal person has no choice but to respect. I would never even consider getting muck or dirt on myself nor on my suits, I have more respect for myself and fine Italian tailoring than that. I do wonder how these ruffians actually got a seat in the dail.

p.s. a suit is only half a suit without donning a tie while wearing it.

Barney, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭OldRio

chopper6 wrote: »
    He is an elected official of a 21st centuiry government at atime when a lot of foreign interests will be eyeing ireland from an investment point of view.

Dressing and behaving in a bizzare manner and openly flouting our drugs laws will not inspire confidence.

Also,smoking cannabis will impair his memory and cause him to behave irrationaly...this is already in evidence.

Deary me. Have you indulged in the smoking of weed? If so, it might explain a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

I wear a suit for work as well as for casual wear on weekends or on holidays. I think that if you expect respect from people then you should dress in attire that shows that you have self respect. A well tailored suit demands respect. It gives you an air of authority that the normal person has no choice but to respect. I would never even consider getting muck or dirt on myself nor on my suits, I have more respect for myself and fine Italian tailoring than that. I do wonder how these ruffians actually got a seat in the dail.

Why should I respect you? Your suit is not a good enough reason. It may demand respect from a fashion point of view from people that like suits, but what about you as a person. Your post suggests you are obnoxious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Irish politics at its finest. Ming challenges them and what does the existing government do when he challenges them? That's right - they comment on his jumper as opposed to dealing with the issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/606247/285376.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

ricero wrote: »
    Irish politics at its finest. Ming challenges them and what does the existing government do when he challenges them? That's right - they comment on his jumper as opposed to dealing with the issue

What did the government say about his jumper? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SixPot

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Charlie Haughey? Is that you?????

Unfortunately your snide attempt at humour does highlight the fact that he brought shame to the high class suits that attired him.
    ScumLord wrote: »
    The only people who think that are the people that spend a load of money on these suits.

I will not engage in conversation with an individual with such a crass name.
    Eutow wrote: »
    Why should I respect you? Your suit is not a good enough reason. It may demand respect from a fashion point of view from people that like suits, but what about you as a person. Your post suggests you are obnoxious.

I have no interest in fashion. In fact I think it to be a frivolous waste of time. I merely have self-respect. You would not verbally abuse me in such a manner if you and I stood face to face. The fine pin stripe cloth in my attire would soon let you know your place and force your tongue to be reeled back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Unfortunately your snide attempt at humour does highlight the fact that he brought shame to the high class suits that attired him.

I have no interest in fashion. In fact I think it to be a frivolous waste of time. I merely have self-respect. You would not verbally abuse me in such a manner if you and I stood face to face. The fine pin stripe cloth in my attire would soon let you know your place and force your tongue to be reeled back in.
    Ah, a troll. I was wondering if you were serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Judge not lest ye be judged. You don't win an argument by nitpicking on irelivent points.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Oh daarling pinstripe is sooo 1980s.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

chopper6 wrote: »
    Somebody needs to defend society from hippies and layabouts and thier odious opinions.

Society needs defending from people like me? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

The sad fact of this little banana republic is- Question why we should have to pay Dennis O'Brien for sub standard water?

Sinn Fein- What about the bodies, never mind the water.

Ming- What about your jumper?

FF- Shur its all your fault.

The fact these three answers are seen by enlarge as acceptable responses to valid questions says all you need to know about this West African republic.
    This place is a joke shop

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

old hippy wrote: »
    Society needs defending from people like me? Seriously?

Yeah - never trust a hippy as we used to say back in my punk days. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

P_1 wrote: »
    Long hair or a beard on a man is not scruffy though
    No, but a mangy jumper is.

I used to think as a teenager - hell, up to my early 30s - that a politician socking it to "the man" by dressing scruffily was great... but in recent years I've come to the conclusion that, while the ideal would be that we could all dress whatever way we wanted, unfortunately the reality is that how you dress does affect whether people will take you seriously or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rochelle

Yeah. That hair that grows out of his actual head! Who does he think he is! Growing hair on his head! What a terrible man! ! How dare he not take scissors to his hair! !

Are you handicapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Rochelle wrote: »
    Are you handicapped?
    What if he was? What has that got to do with this debate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

No, but a mangy jumper is.

I used to think as a teenager - hell, up to my early 30s - that a politician socking it to "the man" by dressing scruffily was great... but in recent years I've come to the conclusion that, while the ideal would be that we could all dress whatever way we wanted, unfortunately the reality is that how you dress does affect whether people will take you seriously or not.

You must get seriously confused when watching Jimmy Carr,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Locked for review.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Rochelle wrote: »
    Are you handicapped?

Banned.

Also chopper6 banned.

Thread remains closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement