Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ming Flanagan this morning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Possibly it was the saving of him. I could not imagine reading Behan without the infkuence if drink.

As he said himself - a drinker with a writing problem.

But eh! What the...down with canary yellow shirts, drumcondra pubs, purple noses, shyster smiles, purple noses and drumcondra pubs named after villains in Dickensian dramas....oh the humanity, the Fagan of modern times...oh the humanity..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

chopper6 wrote: »
    If you're going to represent the country at least make some effort with your appearance and demeanour...dressing like a homeless hippy does not do anything for your credibility and behaving as he did he's only going to be quickly dismissed as a crank.

I am sorry, but you are a vacuous fool if you are more concerned with their attire than their ability to speak publicly. It's a parliament, not a cat walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Ming represents more ordinary Irish people and is more reflective of them than 90% of the other polished turds in there.

P. Flynn you try running three houses comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭OldRio

Caught the piss gate scandal on youtube,
    Brilliant, utterly brilliant.
    I'd say your re election is a formality.

Well in our household, my vote, the wife and 2 lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Like this?

So we elect drunken men and hippies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

All the whingers on this thread who have castigated Ming over his protest, will have to swallow their words, Firstly in the council elections, then in the general election. IMO there is going to many more like him going to be elected, the safe little nest that the people pay for called the Dail is after been exposed as what it is. Roll on the elections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

P_1 wrote: »
    I honestly didn't think you would be so shallow when it comes to appearance. It's clear that Flannagan and Wallace wash themselves, they just don't seem to spend a fortune of haircuts and hair styling.
    It's hardly "shallow" to think a public representative shouldn't look scruffy. It would be shallow of me to think they should wear the most expensive of suits and shirts, and I don't think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭newbie2013

MING, you fcuking legend!! Irish politics needs more men like yourself, just a shame we have the biggest bunch of scummy bastards out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

What the hell is peoples issues with his dress sense? In 20 years time I'm sure I will remember Ming more than most of the faceless suited drones in there for all the right reasons. Anyway OP, with a bit of luck we can see these Pillars of Society in during the next election

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

It's hardly "shallow" to think a public representative shouldn't look scruffy. It would be shallow of me to think they should wear the most expensive of suits and shirts, and I don't think that.

Long hair or a beard on a man is not scruffy though

• Advertisement

I am sorry, but you are a vacuous fool if you are more concerned with their attire than their ability to speak publicly. It's a parliament, not a cat walk.

His "ability to speak publicly" is as questionable as his attire.

Personally i think the man suffers from some sort of personality disorder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I read the title (without glasses on) as Mickey Flannagan :o

I blame it being right below this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057108124

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Disorder being, he has a personality, unlike the grey suited androids that usually shuffle through the Dail corridors.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Cienciano wrote: »
    Well, we had idiots running the country wearing "respectable" suits for the last 50 years. How is that working out? QUOTE]

I would hardly call mohair suits respectable. Ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

I have to I love this guy, he has the balls to stand up to everyone. Shame there where not more like him !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

You presumably watched the video yeah?

What did you have difficulty comprehending from him today? I'm happy to run through it with you if you want

Why?

I don't think he is a good public speaker. I just don't understand why it escapes you that long haired jumper-wearers voted him in there, why *would* he cut his hair and throw on an expensive, bad suit?

Or what could possibly have happened to you that you think people who don't dress the way you like must have personality disorders? You think your clothes are the seat of personality...?

I don't think he is a good public speaker. I just don't understand why it escapes you that long haired jumper-wearers voted him in there, why *would* he cut his hair and throw on an expensive, bad suit?

Or what could possibly have happened to you that you think people who don't dress the way you like must have personality disorders? You think your clothes are the seat of personality...?

It's not just his apalling dress sense i have issue with...he's prone to hysterical outbursts in the dail..behaving in bizaare and most unprofessional manner.

I dont recall saying that everybody who dresses like a dungheap has a personality disorder,i just happen to think that HE has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

People giving out about a man standing up for his constituency, what is wrong with you people yous make me sick!! Would yous rather people pay for water that has a deadly parasite in it?

You presumably watched the video yeah?

What did you have difficulty comprehending from him today? I'm happy to run through it with you if you want

No need,thanks i understood him.

What is at issue is why he went about it in the manner he did...surely there are channels for adressing problems such as he was describing?

Putting a jar of "piss" on a fellow deputy's desk and ranting in his screechy voice seems to me to be the antics of a disturbed attention seeker.

• Advertisement

It's not just his apalling dress sense i have issue with...he's prone to hysterical outbursts in the dail..behaving in bizaare and most unprofessional manner.

I dont recall saying that everybody who dresses like a dungheap has a personality disorder,i just happen to think that HE has one.

Well then, only his clothes differentiate him from the rest of the Dail so.

I am sure his constituents would be very comforted by a new suit on him while they still can't drink the water.

Well then, only his clothes differentiate him from the rest of the Dail so.

I am sure his constituents would be very comforted by a new suit on him while they still can't drink the water.

It's his particular image...that of a layabout and crusty that i dont consider as suitable attire for a politician.

290 odd posts on the issue so far on this one forum.
    Well played, Ming.

Some personality disorder you have there.
    It's his particular image...that of a layabout and crusty that i dont consider as suitable attire for a politician.

I look forward to your thread on our globe-like health minister.

Grow up suits are a thing of the past, criminals ware them to court, politicians also ware them.

Makes you uncomfortable to think that crusty layabouts are voting citizens, does it?

mikom wrote: »
    290 odd posts on the issue so far on this one forum.
    Well played, Ming.

Some personality disorder you have there.

The cunning devil...he has people on the internet talking about him.

The cunning devil...he has people on the internet talking about him.

The kind of talk that hangs around for ever and ever and ever.........

Makes you uncomfortable to think that crusty layabouts are voting citizens, does it?

He was voted in the same was as rage against the machine got an xmas No 1 a while back.

The same way as people put Jedi on the census form under religeon.

Apart from a handfull of commited dope fiends and locals in his area he was voted for as a joke candidate.

He was voted in the same was as rage against the machine got an xmas No 1 a while back.

The same way as people put Jedi on the census form under religeon.

Apart from a handfull of commited dope fiends and locals in his area he was voted for as a joke candidate.

Have a link for that, or is that just speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

Will the quality of his constituents' water be improved if he doesn't wear a suit?

Because if not, him opting not to wear a suit, won't comfort his constituents either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement