Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ming Flanagan this morning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

LiamoSail wrote: »
    If the founders of the Dail, men who quiet literally put their life's on the line in fighting for our own parliament, thought it appropriate to wear suits in the Dail, surely Luke Flannagan or Mick Wallace should have the respect for the house to do similar
    What was the alternative to suits back then? By your logic we'd all still be wearing tunics out of respect for Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tiimber Merchant

I am a professional person who wears a suit for the purposes of showing a bit of respect to people I deal with. If I were a public representative I think it would be even more important to put in an effort to dress in a manner appropriately respectful to the public, as opposed to being more focused on trying to project an image of yourself as being different or quirky. Ming nor Mick Wallace, are different in any way to most people possessing the immature self obsessions of adolescence that a huge amount of people never really grow out of. They dress that way for public consumption, but it really belies the lack of maturity required in public life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

old hippy wrote: »
    Twitching curtains and all that aside, what exactly is your problem with weed?

I will say again..

Weed is illegal...a man holding office should not be publicly flouting the Misuse Of Drugs Act.

Do you think the laws of the land should be flouted by policticians?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Shockingly, once I knew this low-ranking civil-servant guy who posted pictures to facebook of him doing lines of crack cocaine.

Crack cocaine is smoked, not snorted? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

I hate to lower the tone further but chopper you are an idiot. Think of the ban I get for this post as my Christmas present to you. Perhaps it will help you cop on but I fear it won't. All the best.
    A martyr for after hours. A noble cause indeed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I am a professional person who wears a suit for the purposes of showing a bit of respect to people I deal with. If I were a public representative I think it would be even more important to put in an effort to dress in a manner appropriately respectful to the public, as opposed to being more focused on trying to project an image of yourself as being different or quirky. Ming nor Mick Wallace, are different in any way to most people possessing the immature self obsessions of adolescence that a huge amount of people never really grow out of. They dress that way for public consumption, but it really belies the lack of maturity required in public life.

Is this a government statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Are you a Madame ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jesus. The blueshirt bots are out in force today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

I don't agree with Ming all of the time or even half of the time, but the fact of the matter is that he is an example of a good Independent TD. As unorthodox as he is, he sticks up for his constituents interests, is a good perfomer and if the rumours are to be believed he puts his hours in. Where I living in Roscommon, Ming would be getting a high preference from me come 2016.

There is no comparison between him and that clown Wallace, who like Ming has cultivated a style, but unlike Ming has failed to cultivate any sort of substance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

chopper6 wrote: »

A hybrid of Police and politicians?

• Advertisement

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    I don't agree with Ming all of the time or even half of the time, but the fact of the matter is that he is an example of a good Independent TD. As unorthodox as he is, he sticks up for his constituents interests, is a good perfomer and if the rumours are to be believed he puts his hours in. Where I living in Roscommon, Ming would be getting a high preference from me come 2016

+1 same here

mikom wrote: »
    A hybrid of Police and politicians?
    The Irish version of Judge Dredd?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

How is Ming dressing how he dresses disrespectful? I'd imagine that he dresses a lot like the people who elected him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I will say again..

Weed is illegal...a man holding office should not be publicly flouting the Misuse Of Drugs Act.

He's trying to change the law. What impact does it have on you, whether he smokes or not?

And what was it you said about people from that region about how they dress? Ah yes,
    Well in fairness the people from this part of the world arent exactly known for thier sense of style.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Hello person who seems to have registered just to post this - tell me this, is the wearing of a suit not also 'for public consumption'?

I am also a professional person who works with many many professional persons - some of whom wear suits and others who do not. It has zero impact on their ability to do their job - although I must admit experience has taught me that when working as part of a team the non-suit wearers tend to be better co-workers- perhaps as they are more concerned with the quality of their work then projecting some stereotype.

Jesus. The blueshirt bots are out in force today

Somebody needs to defend society from hippies and layabouts and thier odious opinions.

Somebody needs to defend society from hippies and layabouts and thier odious opinions.

Defend society from hippies???

Seriously - you do know it is no longer the 1960s???

Cartman?

No we need more Mings to defend us from greedy liars in suits

old hippy wrote: »
    He's trying to change the law. What impact does it have on you, whether he smokes or not?

He is an elected official of a 21st centuiry government at atime when a lot of foreign interests will be eyeing ireland from an investment point of view.

Dressing and behaving in a bizzare manner and openly flouting our drugs laws will not inspire confidence.

Also,smoking cannabis will impair his memory and cause him to behave irrationaly...this is already in evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Tiimber Merchant

Is this a government statement.

No- you can actually believe this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SixPot

I wear a suit for work as well as for casual wear on weekends or on holidays. I think that if you expect respect from people then you should dress in attire that shows that you have self respect. A well tailored suit demands respect. It gives you an air of authority that the normal person has no choice but to respect. I would never even consider getting muck or dirt on myself nor on my suits, I have more respect for myself and fine Italian tailoring than that. I do wonder how these ruffians actually got a seat in the dail.

p.s. a suit is only half a suit without donning a tie while wearing it.

He is an elected official of a 21st centuiry government at atime when a lot of foreign interests will be eyeing ireland from an investment point of view.

Dressing and behaving in a bizzare manner and openly flouting our drugs laws will not inspire confidence.

Also,smoking cannabis will impair his memory and cause him to behave irrationaly...this is already in evidence.

You keep saying he is flouting our drug laws - this is a serious accusation so I trust you have evidence to back this up and are not engaging in flouting our libel laws?

Wearing a jumper is bizarre now??

Explains a lot about Val Doonican....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭OldRio

2 first time posters agree with you. I wonder why?

Also,smoking cannabis will impair his memory

"Now where's my house again........... north or south Roscommon"

*phones chopper6

Like Americans from silicon Valley where they have very progressive cannabis laws?

SixPot wrote: »
    I wear a suit for work as well as for casual wear on weekends or on holidays. I think that if you expect respect from people then you should dress in attire that shows that you have self respect. A well tailored suit demands respect. It gives you an air of authority that the normal person has no choice but to respect. I would never even consider getting muck or dirt on myself nor on my suits, I have more respect for myself and fine Italian tailoring than that. I do wonder how these ruffians actually got a seat in the dail.

p.s. a suit is only half a suit without donning a tie while wearing it.

Charlie Haughey? Is that you?????

ScumLord wrote: »
    Like Americans from silicon Valley where they have very progressive cannabis laws?

It's a well known fact that Richard Branson never invests in a country that has an elected official with a longer beard than him.

SixPot wrote: »
    I wear a suit for work as well as for casual wear on weekends or on holidays. I think that if you expect respect from people then you should dress in attire that shows that you have self respect. A well tailored suit demands respect.
    The only people who think that are the people that spend a load of money on these suits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Charlie Haughey? Is that you?????

F*ck he's alive again. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement