Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ming Flanagan this morning

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Someone that smokes too much 'ganja'?

Would he be more socially acceptable if he wore a nice suit, got a trim and propped up the Dail bar every night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

old hippy wrote: »
    Would he be more socially acceptable if he wore a nice suit, got a trim and propped up the Dail bar every night?
    I couldnt give a bollocks if he walked into the Dail with a dickybow tied onto his flute.

Why are you so defensive about his appearance and where did i suggest i did?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

You loathe the man because of how he looks and where he hails from. He reeks of "otherness" and you can't stand that.

Now what irrationality does that remind me of?

No...you accused me of promoting negative stereoypes that Ming himself was conforming to.

Now you've moved onto some other off topic nonsense..will you ever go and get lost and stop following me around like a beggar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

dont forget, those guys in the suits are well able to get down with the best of them...

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/traces-of-cocaine-found-in-toilets-near-dail-chamber-244930.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭LaughOrDie

Whatever about his delivery and appearance he made a very valid point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

chopper6 wrote: »
    Because he's a steretype of a cannabis user who is a polictician and who hails fom South Roscommon and Leitrim.

HE told everybody he's a cannabis user,HE dresses like a dungheap and HE is from that neck of the woods...i dont need to "promote" anything...HE's doing it all for me.
    Its north roscommon and leitrim,NORTH not south,south roscommon is athlone,it is nowhere near leitrim,north roscommon borders leitrim!!!!!people trying to slag a politician for being a crustie when they dont even know the location of 26 little counties in this country!

flas wrote: »
    Its north roscommon and leitrim,NORTH not south,south roscommon is athlone,it is nowhere near leitrim,north roscommon borders leitrim!!!!!people trying to slag a politician for being a crustie when they dont even know the location of 26 little counties in this country!

I don't give a thundering feck where he's from....he neds to go and take a bath and lay off smoking weed all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I don't give a thundering feck where he's from....he neds to go and take a bath and lay off smoking weed all day.

I am starting to have doubts about your age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

*stamps foot and pouts

I couldnt give a bollocks if he walked into the Dail with a dickybow tied onto his flute.

Why are you so defensive about his appearance and where did i suggest i did?

Now who's being defensive? Ok, you're fine with his attire and his use of weed is inconsequential.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Indeed. He should be propping up the heavily subsidised bar along with the suits.

Do you have evidence that he either a) Needs a bath or b) is smoking weed all day?

Or are you simply spewing vitriol because you have an issue with people not dressing/behaving the way you believe they should?

Jaysus...I would love to have someone like Ming to vote for...!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭OldRio

Chopper get back to school and pay particular attention to your spelling geography and politics.

Now who's being defensive? Ok, you're fine with his attire and his use of weed is inconsequential.

Weed is illegal...a man holding office should not be publicly flouting the Misuse Of Drugs Act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Apologies, that is the way i usually converse. Might not suit those of an overly sensitive position like yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Because he's a steretype of a cannabis user who is a polictician and who hails fom South Roscommon and Leitrim.
    A stereotype?! You're just describing Ming and then making up a class of people that are weed smoking politicians from Roscommon. As if there's Mings all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Weed is illegal...a man holding office should not be publicly flouting the Misuse Of Drugs Act.

Who gives a ****e ?

He's not, in fact he gave up smoking weed when he took office, didn't he?

No...you accused me of promoting negative stereoypes that Ming himself was conforming to.

Now you've moved onto some other off topic nonsense..will you ever go and get lost and stop following me around like a beggar.

You've been promoting negative stereotypes about cannabis users, people from that part of Ireland. You've been called out on it and now you claim I'm off topic? :confused: May I remind you who brought the "racism" remark up?

And you crop up on many threads that I subscribe to - we have very differing outlooks - don't be surprised that we both comment on emotive topics. The charge of following you around is, well, pretty childish. :rolleyes:

ScumLord wrote: »
    A stereotype?! You're just describing Ming and then making up a class of people that are weed smoking politicians from Roscommon. As if there's Mings all over the place.

Nope...he is the weed smoking politician from Roscommon...i don't recall alluding to anybody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

If the founders of the Dail, men who quiet literally put their life's on the line in fighting for our own parliament, thought it appropriate to wear suits in the Dail, surely Luke Flannagan or Mick Wallace should have the respect for the house to do similar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

ScumLord wrote: »
    He's not, in fact he gave up smoking weed when he took office, didn't he?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Nope...he is the weed smoking politician from Roscommon...i don't recall alluding to anybody else.

That word of the day toilet roll is standing you in good stead I see.

North or south Roscommon being avoided in posts now.
    Bit unsure, are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Seek And Destroy

I agree.
    Can't stand how society has become so complacent when it comes to the activities of these druggy types.
    There were some guys smoking ganja on my bus home the other day.
    I complained to the driver but he did nothing about it.
    Shockingly, once I knew this low-ranking civil-servant guy who posted pictures to facebook of him doing lines of crack cocaine.
    Never got so much as a verbal warning as far as I'm aware.

Keep fighting the good fight, it's what us decent folk are obliged to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

A man from office should not be flouting speeding laws (Donohue), a man from office should not be flouting tax evasion laws (Wallace), a man from office should not be abusing drink driving laws (Shatter), MEN from office should not be publicly abusing the salary cap laws (too many to count).

Welcome to Ireland, a seedy me-me-me culture of corruption and greed.

Twitching curtains and all that aside, what exactly is your problem with weed?
    Apologies, that is the way i usually converse. Might not suit those of an overly sensitive position like yourself.

The word is "sensible"

Your memory isn't doing you any favours - you might want to go back a few posts - something about how people from that part of the world dress?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭OldRio

Hahaha. First post. I wonder why. Hahaha

You said he's a stereotypical weed smoking politician from Roscommon. That would imply that there's more than one weed smoking politician from Roscommon.

All your arguments about ming are just facts about his life. You don't like he's from Roscommon, you don't like the jumpers he wears and you don't like that he smoked weed and thinks it should be legalised. You seem to think he hasn't got the right to stand up for what he believes in because of something as primitive as display symbols of social uniforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I hate to lower the tone further but chopper you are an idiot. Think of the ban I get for this post as my Christmas present to you. Perhaps it will help you cop on but I fear it won't. All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

I agree.
    Can't stand how society has become so complacent when it comes to the activities of these druggy types.
    There were some guys smoking ganja on my bus home the other day.
    I complained to the driver but he did nothing about it.
    Shockingly, once I knew this low-ranking civil-servant guy who posted pictures to facebook of him doing lines of crack cocaine.
    Never got so much as a verbal warning as far as I'm aware.

Keep fighting the good fight, it's what us decent folk are obliged to do.

How shocking 🙀

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

LiamoSail wrote: »
    If the founders of the Dail, men who quiet literally put their life's on the line in fighting for our own parliament, thought it appropriate to wear suits in the Dail, surely Luke Flannagan or Mick Wallace should have the respect for the house to do similar

Those same founders who were called terrorists in their day?

Those same founders who caused a civil war in which comrade shot comrade and then decided via the mechanism of a 'new' party that shure they could go into government after all a mere 10 years later under the exact same Home Rule legislation they had fought against?

The House should have respect for the People of Ireland and allow proper debate of legislation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement