Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ming Flanagan this morning

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

He does not hold back anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

He means if they were actually there.......

I looked at the clip and indeed was only a handful present at the time. I take it everyone else was debating the bill from their dail offices

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

His egotism wont let him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

chopper6 wrote: »
    He was voted in the same was as rage against the machine got an xmas No 1 a while back.

The same way as people put Jedi on the census form under religeon.

Apart from a handfull of commited dope fiends and locals in his area he was voted for as a joke candidate.
    Are you from South Roscommon or Leitrim? Do you know this for a fact?

I am as it happens, and its patently untrue.
    God no.
    Well in fairness the people from this part of the world arent exactly known for thier sense of style.

What exactly have you got against the people of South Roscommon & Leitrim?

I interviewed the guy & found him entirely without ego. I think you're wilfully promoting stereotypes in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

He and Wallace are complete donkeys, in fairness. Are Wallace and Daly still getting it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Aestivalis wrote: »

But then when its time to work you need to have a bit of cop on. Dress smart, tidy and confident. Grow up a bit and take off the pennies clothing and have a bit of dignity.
    These people are running the country, not the local youth club.

What's in your world, Binmen in Armarni suits ?

I seem to recall him holding back about his own penalty points...

hju6 wrote: »
    What's in your world, Binmen in Armarni suits ?

Armani rip-offs should be fairly cheap, so sounds good.

old hippy wrote: »
    I interviewed the guy & found him entirely without ego. I think you're wilfully promoting stereotypes in this thread.

In what capacity did you"interview" him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭OldRio

God no.

Well it is Christmas and we should all look out for the lonely.

What is it?
    Are you lonely and trolling gives you a sense of worth in your quiet and pathetic world.
    At least you get a reaction on the internet unlike real life. We understand that.
    Never mind people will be here for you. To help. Bless.

In what capacity did you"interview" him?

I was a presenter on a radio programme and he was running a campaign back in the 90s.

So, why are you promoting stereotypes of cannabis users and politicians and people who live in South Roscommon & Leitrim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Second most annoying voice in the Dail, only just behind Mary Lou.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Are you still here? Want to try back up your claim that we only voted him in as a joke?

old hippy wrote: »
    I was a presenter on a radio programme and he was running a campaign back in the 90s.

So, why are you promoting stereotypes of cannabis users and politicians and people who live in South Roscommon & Leitrim?

Did you grill him on possible racist tendancies he might have?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭OldRio

Sad and lonely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The doctor is in.
    Serious inferiority complex here, manifesting itself in shite talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Now your just being ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Off topic banter notwithstanding,i can see our friend Ming landinng himself in trouble with the Ceann Chomhairle for his ridiculous outbursts and displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,805 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I think people are getting a little hung up on the way people dress tbh. Yes those politicans Ahern Cowen et all wore suits but does that mean everyone who wears a suit are corrupt. Tony Gregory and Des O'Malley wore suits and people see them as honest politicans. Should we say everyone who wears loud pink shirts are tax evading dodgers now. Those Ming have to wear a suit I do not say so but should he dress in a neat attire yes.

In relation to what he did in the Dail it was a cheap trick to try and get publicity for himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I think people are getting a little hung up on the way people dress tbh. Yes those politicans Ahern Cowen et all wore suits but does that mean everyone who wears a suit are corrupt. Tony Gregory and Des O'Malley wore suits and people see them as honest politicans. Should we say everyone who wears loud pink shirts are tax evading dodgers now. Those Ming have to wear a suit I do not say so but should he dress in a neat attire yes.

In relation to what he did in the Dail it was a cheap trick to try and get publicity for himself.

At last the penny has dropped, that was the idea, to highlight the disgusting water supply in Roscommon. The whole country knows about the problem now.
    Isn't that what your TD is supposed to do get publicity for their peoples problems, and show the rest of the country the incompetence of their local authority. Fair play to you Ming, if we had more TD's like him to highlight corruption we would not be in the mess we are now in.

At last the penny has dropped, that was the idea, to highlight the disgusting water supply in Roscommon. The whole country knows about the problem now.
    Isn't that what your TD is supposed to do get publicity for their peoples problems, and show the rest of the country the incompetence of their local authority. Fair play to you Ming, if we had more TD's like him to highlight corruption we would not be in the mess we are now in.

This is the same man who admitted to having penalty points quashed?

Off topic banter notwithstanding,i can see our friend Ming landinng himself in trouble with the Ceann Chomhairle for his ridiculous outbursts and displays.

Jaysus, you seem to "know" so much about Ming I would have thought you would have seen the strongly worded letter he received.
    Akin to something the TV licencing division would send you.
    I heard the next one he receives will be in all capitals........... then if he persists, the next one will be bolded.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1531593_670821546303511_379303122_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Tells a lot when Sean Barrett seemed more concerned about a minister having to look at a glass of dirty water, rather than the mere mortals who have to drink the stuff.

Exemplo ducemus, Fergus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

mikom wrote: »
    Jaysus, you seem to "know" so much about Ming I would have thought you would have seen the strongly worded letter he received.
    I heard the next one he receives will be in all capitals........... then if he persists, the next one will be bolded.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1531593_670821546303511_379303122_n.jpg

That's a good one, "The standing and reputation of the house". :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mikom wrote: »

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1531593_670821546303511_379303122_n.jpg[/QUOTE]

So he got a written warning?

Good enough for him...there are basic standards of behaviour to be observed and that should apply to the Dail as much as anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Satriale wrote: »
    Tells a lot when Sean Barrett seemed more concerned about a minister having to look at a glass of dirty water, rather than the mere mortals who have to drink the stuff.

Exemplo ducemus, Fergus.

Barrett is so far removed from reality it is beyond a joke at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

This is the same man who admitted to having penalty points quashed?

He should of stayed quiet and said nothing, like the fellas in suits.

So he got a written warning?

Good enough for him...there are basic standards of behaviour to be observed and that should apply to the Dail as much as anywhere.

I say he's quaking in his little hemp boots........

• Advertisement

The whole pissy water business was nothing more than a publicity stunt to get himself some attention.

he's a disgrace to Irish politics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement