Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Oat23 wrote: »
    Tomb Raider & Thief are both have price ($30/€22) on the US PSN store until Thursday. I have bought Tomb Raider and it is downloading now.

Anyone played the PS4 Tomb Raider? Can't go wrong for €22 I suppose.

I got it, great so far bout 2 tombs in, missed out on it last year, watched my missus playing it on Xbox, PS4 version looks like a different game it's that good....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,226 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Balls. I was going to bed, but it has downloaded the first 5 gigs already and it is letting me play :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tomb Raider is great on the PS4, if you have not played it on the PS3 you are in for a treat, aesthetically it is beautiful and suffers very few framerate issues compared to its Xbox One counterpart, it has an average framerate of 53.36fps compared to the Xbox having 29.98fps

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Tomb Raider & Thief are both have price ($30/€22) on the US PSN store until Thursday. I have bought Tomb Raider and it is downloading now.

Yep, decent game. Im kicking myself now after spending 60 on TR and 70 on Thief at retail. Ah, well. i got a US psn account set up now, already got Infamous for 43 and GZ for 22 off it, bye bye crazy retail prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yep, decent game. Im kicking myself now after spending 60 on TR and 70 on Thief at retail. Ah, well. i got a US psn account set up now, already got Infamous for 43 and GZ for 22 off it, bye bye crazy retail prices.

You'll get €35 cash for each of them in Cex if you wanted to get rid of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Xenji wrote: »
    Tomb Raider is great on the PS4, if you have not played it on the PS3 you are in for a treat, aesthetically it is beautiful and suffers very few framerate issues compared to its Xbox One counterpart, it has an average framerate of 53.36fps compared to the Xbox having 29.98fps

Xenji and his fancy college boy words!

To translate it looks the dogs bollox

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Aesthetically is considered 'too fancy' a word? Oh dear :(

Aesthetically is considered 'too fancy' a word? Oh dear :(

Have you been to Dundalk? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

wow, I said I'd sort out a PSN US account, but I REALLY need to do it now.

I have Tomb Raider on PS3 though, downloaded last months PSN offer, justify spending €22 on a graphical update?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

TheDoc wrote: »
    I have Tomb Raider on PS3 though, downloaded last months PSN offer, justify spending €22 on a graphical update?

You'd be crazy to but that's just me.

• Advertisement

PS4 version has all the DLC too as far as I know.
    Personally I think its worth the €22 for the 1080p clarity and 60fps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

If you've played Tombraider already it's not particularly worth a second purchase for the sake of a polished coat and zippier frame rate. For those that haven't played it why not??

King Krib wrote: »
    If you've played Tombraider already it's not particularly worth a second purchase for the sake of a polished coat and zippier frame rate. For those that haven't played it why not??

I picked it up even though I had it from ps plus although not played it yet. Firstly to try out the process of buying a game from us psn with us amazon psn codes.

It's such an "aesthetically" pleasing game and after seeing the lighting and visuals I wish Dark Souls 2 was out on PS4 to the same standard!

Also thanks to everyone such as Xenji and Co for the advice about how to buy from more reasonably priced sources. Like most here after years of getting the shaft as a gamer it's nice to feel liberated!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

its probably the most enjoyable game ive played on PS4 so far. i cant find many faults with it. its the first tomb raider ive ever played and im really looking forward to a future real next gen tomb raider

More news about the soap opera that is DriveClub, Col Rodgers does have a replacement as game director, but we do not know who yet and the game is making great progress.
    The development of DriveClub continues to go "from strength to strength", SCEE has told VideoGamer.com while responding to yesterday's reports highlighting the recent changes at Evolution Studios.

In a statement provided to us this afternoon, SCEE said that it "would like to make it very clear that the development of DRIVECLUB on PS4 is going from strength to strength. The announced studio changes across WWS yesterday have not affected the development of DRIVECLUB or the DRIVECLUB team, which has always had great direction and continues to do so.

"We have full confidence that the game will deliver on its PS4 promise to be the first truly socially connected racing title and we are very pleased and excited by the calibre of work from Evolution Studios.

"The progress being made on the game is spectacular," Sony continued, "so we're looking forward to sharing an update on development, release date and videos of the game in action in the weeks to come. We thank you for your patience and assure you, it will be worth the wait."

SCEE also confirmed that "DRIVECLUB does have a Game Director at the helm who we will be revealing very soon."

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/driveclub/news/driveclub_making_spectacular_progress_release_date_update_due_in_the_weeks_to_come.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭Varik

• Registered Users Posts: 15,226 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Tomb Raider is class. I never played the PS3 version so I can't compare.

€22 is a bargain though if you have a US account.

I stood on the cliff near the beginning looking out at the view for a few minutes. The graphics are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The last of us is coming to PS4 :D

cloud493 wrote: »

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Link?

It's in the last of us thread, can't post on phone

• Advertisement

Ugh just bought it for Ps3 recently :(

Decided against Tomb Raider, will play the version I have, and with new Diablo and stuff in WoW to do console gaming marginalised again :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

When's Elder Scrolls out?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hmmm. If there's any graphic/feature updates I might buy it again, and hold off buying the DLC until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

.ak wrote: »
    Hmmm. If there's any graphic/feature updates I might buy it again, and hold off buying the DLC until then.

Polygon Article
    The Last of Us is coming to PlayStation 4 this summer, PlayStation's Eurasian Software Market Manager Sercan Sulun confirmed in an interview on Turkish CNN, translated by IGN.

"There is no information about a new The Last of Us game but I can share this knowledge; as of this summer, The Last of Us will be on the PS4. Both on PSN and physically," Sulun said.

"The PS4 version will also include the DLC so you will be able to play Left Behind as well."

The Left Behind DLC (and I assume the MP stuff too) is said to be included.

Temaz wrote: »
    When's Elder Scrolls out?

April 4th and 13 Euro a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

13 euro a month? Never got into that skyrim, but having to pay 13 quid a month is a joke.

13 euro a month? Never got into that skyrim, but having to pay 13 quid a month is a joke.

It's the norm for MMO titles, apart from the poor flurry of Free to play games that came out recently.

Most big " we want to kill wow" mmo's , charge a monthly fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

.ak wrote: »

it should be native 1080p and maybe 60fps....i am sure the ps3 version had the quality settings turned way down, the ps4 should allow the game to shine graphically.

i doubt it will be a staright ps3 port....there would be no seeling point....you can bet gran turismo will be thw same.

• Advertisement

It's the norm for MMO titles, apart from the poor flurry of Free to play games that came out recently.

Most big " we want to kill wow" mmo's , charge a monthly fee.

Thats why I only play Guild Wars 2, which is arguably biggest western MMORPG behind WoW, it does not have a subscription fee and from playing the ESO beta, far more fun as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement