Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 47 Verified rep Setanta Sports: Niall

racso1975 wrote: »
    Niall not sure if you can help but said i would ask. wanted to do the deal last night.......always leave it to last minute :rolleyes: ......anyhow her goodself was gone with laptop so could not avail of it.

Any chance I could email ya the details etc if not it is grand my fault completely

Sorry to hear about this but unfortunately there's nothing we can do as the offer is no long on the system.

Niall

• Company Representative Posts: 47 Verified rep Setanta Sports: Niall

racso1975 wrote: »
    Niall not sure if you can help but said i would ask. wanted to do the deal last night.......always leave it to last minute :rolleyes: ......anyhow her goodself was gone with laptop so could not avail of it.

Any chance I could email ya the details etc if not it is grand my fault completely

Sorry to hear about this but unfortunately there's nothing we can do as the offer is no longer on the system.

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

How long does it take for channels to go? I cancelled an hour ago and they said it takes effect immediately but I still have the channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Your subscription should have been activated within 1 hour.

No worries, happy to help :)

Attention : Niall

I'm not sure why you didn't receive a customer service number but if you'd like to send me your full name and viewing card number then I can follow up with our customer service team who will provide it.

The last day you can cancel without being charged for a 2nd month is Monday September 29th.

Hi Niall
    I sent your a PM as requested with my contact details and viewing card number a couple of days ago.
    Can you help me please and get me my customer service number.
    I need to cancel today/.tomorrow
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Pious14 wrote: »
    How long does it take for channels to go? I cancelled an hour ago and they said it takes effect immediately but I still have the channels?
    I cancelled last night, still had channels this morning but they're gone now. If yours not gone, I'd email them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Does anyone have the number to cancel? Must ring tomorrow and cancel my subscription. Still going from the 1 Euro deal at christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

0818 203040

Google is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Laziness is not though, ha. Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Has anyone had any joy in getting a discounted deal - can't justify paying 21.99 for something I'd watch twice a week for premiership games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

you'll get it for 12.99 for a few months after you sign up then ring and ask to cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Time to cancel after the €9.99pm for four months deal end approaches. Got offered €12.99 for two months.

Mulling it over since we may not get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Im in same boat,

I joined for the 1€ deal, then i let it run for one month at 21 hoping that when i ring them i might get a deal,

Has anyone cancelled lately?

I was hoping to get a 3 month offer, to see me over xmas.

I've half price sky, so that's my excuse, not paying half price sky and full setanta.

If i get an offer to get me to jan ill be happy, I'll be ringing shortly, a week I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Time to cancel after the €9.99pm for four months deal end approaches. Got offered €12.99 for two months.

Mulling it over since we may not get better.

Can you ring back and take it? Usually with Sky they don't allow that. U either take it or leave it.

On another note, i have never ever received an offer for setanta by post email phone call. .
    So the only offer I'd imagine is the one they gave you.
    Interesting that they let you hang up and that was there final offer. Hmmmmm

Can u ring a Uk No i wonder. . Sometimes theres a different offer, with sky anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,427 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

P_Cash wrote: »
    Can you ring back and take it? Usually with Sky they don't allow that. U either take it or leave it.

On another note, i have never ever received an offer for setanta by post email phone call. .
    So the only offer I'd imagine is the one they gave you.
    Interesting that they let you hang up and that was there final offer. Hmmmmm

Can u ring a Uk No i wonder. . Sometimes theres a different offer, with sky anyway

Ya don't be afraid to email them mentioning that you've cancelled after having the €1 offer. Then just mention that if the pack were offered at a reduced price that you could maybe afford to keep it on. Worst they can say is no.

I emailed my cancellation to Setanta. They replied indicating they could offer me two months at €12.99, otherwise they'll cancel on the appointed date. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I emailed my cancellation to Setanta. They replied indicating they could offer me two months at €12.99, otherwise they'll cancel on the appointed date. :)

What email address did you use to cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rang to cancel the latest offer. Best deal they were offering right now was €16.99. @ 2 months not offering anything longer.

I told them no I couldn't justify that price coming up to Christmas. The €9.99 offer is dead and buried now the main price is €21.99.

I told her with having to pay a couple of hundred in water charges in January that would have to come over TV.

She said everone ringing in the last few weeks was saying the same thing. I told them to cut me off after the next billing period.

So now I wait for them to ring back and see what they have to offer or wait to see if the they do the €1 offer again in December this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

hi
    will be interesting to see if they ring back,
    21.99 is too dear

Rang to cancel the latest offer. Best deal they were offering right now was €16.99. @ 2 months not offering anything longer.

I told them no I couldn't justify that price coming up to Christmas. The €9.99 offer is dead and buried now the main price is €21.99.

I told her with having to pay a couple of hundred in water charges in January that would have to come over TV.

She said everone ringing in the last few weeks was saying the same thing. I told them to cut me off after the next billing period.

So now I wait for them to ring back and see what they have to offer or wait to see if the they do the €1 offer again in December this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Not sure if it is still working but go here and use promo code ERCC
    https://secure.setantasubs.com/
    €13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

€13

Cannot see anything about €13 in that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

must be gone then - i cannot test it because it says i've already subscribed --- when i used ERCC originally it did drop it to 12.95 or something similar

Edit ---just googled and saw this on their facebook --- ah well - sorry

15 october
    **SPECIAL OFFER**

Subscribe to Setanta on satellite and use the code "ERCC" to sign up for ONLY €12.99 per month for two months. Offer ends tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

€13

I'm still in contract anyway for another month at €9.99.

That link is back up to €21.99 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I cancelled this last month and am being cut off at the weekend I think. Got a call last night and she said the absolute lowest she could go was €9.99 a month for 2 months. So I walked away. See if they come back soon with something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

I cancelled the my subscription this morning after having the €1 offer for the month, was told they currently have no retention offers.

gimmick wrote: »
    I cancelled this last month and am being cut off at the weekend I think. Got a call last night and she said the absolute lowest she could go was €9.99 a month for 2 months. So I walked away. See if they come back soon with something better.

That's €3 better than my initial offer to stay (via email).

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

That's €3 better than my initial offer to stay (via email).

Still think the €199 for 13 months is good value. All the more so now that the €10 p/m is no longer an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

due to be cut off on sunday and unusually so no call from setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭skydish79

yknaa wrote: »
    Still think the €199 for 13 months is good value. All the more so now that the €10 p/m is no longer an option.

Where is the 199 for 13 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

skydish79 wrote: »
    Where is the 199 for 13 months?

Apologies. Actually its €199 for 12 months as I see the €1 for the first month offer is now finished. An annual sub costs €199.

Advertisement