Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

yknaa wrote: »
    Apologies. Actually its €199 for 12 months as I see the €1 for the first month offer is now finished. An annual sub costs €199.

And they don't even have HD yet, it's very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

IrishHomer wrote: »

BT is HD and I'm one of the biggest critics of Setanta's pic quality but it is after improving.

@gimmick, €9.99 a month even for 2 months is decent enough,just accept it & ring back before it expires again for an extension.That's what I do all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

IrishHomer wrote: »

3 of the 5 channels in the pack are HD though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

kooga wrote: »
    due to be cut off on sunday and unusually so no call from setanta

no fone call at all yet
    thats gettin close

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Apologies if this is off topic folks. I'm going to order Setanta this evening - hoping to have it in time for the Munster match.

Generally, are the channels available very soon after you give payment details or does it take a few days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

jamieh wrote: »
    Apologies if this is off topic folks. I'm going to order Setanta this evening - hoping to have it in time for the Munster match.

Generally, are the channels available very soon after you give payment details or does it take a few days?

Your usually connected in a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Rang up to cancel, offered me 2 months for 12.99€ so i took it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

jamieh wrote: »

Make sure you have your viewing card in the box when you order it!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

UPC has a deal with Setanta for HD. Nice to have something over the sky lads for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

well I expected my setanta pack to of been switched off today.....................and I still have it!
    looks like I will be making a call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Joo0 wrote: »
    UPC has a deal with Setanta for HD. Nice to have something over the sky lads for once.
    What is the deal UPC are offering? About time they had some sort of offer for sports package customers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

mjp wrote: »
    What is the deal UPC are offering? About time they had some sort of offer for sports package customers

The only problem with UPC is that they charge you to switch on channels & then charge you to switch them off,kinda negates any deal you might get.

upc charge a €10 downgrade fee

anyway setanta pack went off air just before the quins wasps match.

o well looks like I well have to take up the free 2 month offer of setanta on evision

If you already have SkySports with UPC you can add the Setanta pack for 5 euro a month for 6 months. (10 euro after that)
    You get Setanta 1 HD, BTSport 1,2 HD and ESPN HD versions if you already have the HD pack. The downgrade fee can be a really kick in the teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

If you're out of contract threaten to cancel if you have to pay a downgrade charge, loyalty waved it for me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Joo0 wrote: »
    If you already have SkySports with UPC you can add the Setanta pack for 5 euro a month for 6 months. (10 euro after that)
    You get Setanta 1 HD, BTSport 1,2 HD and ESPN HD versions if you already have the HD pack. The downgrade fee can be a really kick in the teeth.

Are you sure there's a Setanta 1 HD ?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Are you sure there's a Setanta 1 HD ?????????

Lol.

We're lucky they switched to satellite broadcasting, the analogue aerial last year was woeful. .

Bit better this year.

Yes Setanta 1 HD channel 401 on UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Offer for 2 months at 12.99 is still available. Used Code "ERCC". Just signed up there and got connected immediately.

Thanks to whoever posted that previously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

That was weird, I went to channel 413 on Sky and was cursing that the quality was so sh*t! Couldn't believe there wasn't a HD channel. Went looking for it. I was somehow on channel 426, the non-hd channel :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Got a phone call from 00 00270070, they rang yesterday and thought it was a fake number, googled it and it was setanta so answered today, they wanted to do a survey, told them i only watched the soccer on a saturday and the reason i took it out was cost related. He offered me 12.99 for november and december, still said no so he offered me 9.99 per month for november and december. Happy days

Steven81 wrote: »
    Got a phone call from 00 00270070, they rang yesterday and thought it was a fake number, googled it and it was setanta so answered today, they wanted to do a survey, told them i only watched the soccer on a saturday and the reason i took it out was cost related. He offered me 12.99 for november and december, still said no so he offered me 9.99 per month for november and december. Happy days

at least they rang you....................I've been off air for two and a half weeks and no call

• Registered Users Posts: 45,894 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My 9.99/month offer is up next month so yesterday I emailed and cancelled and they came back with an offer of 12.99 a month for 2 months. I asked by return email if they would give it to me for the 9.99 but nothing doing.

After reading your post I emailed them there just 30 minutes ago and surprisingly I got a reply. I did ask them n the email if they would confirm that they hadn't offered anyone 9.99 a month in the last couple of days and this is part of the reply.....
    Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

As previously advised €12.99 is the best offer we have at the moment. I can confirm that the €9.99 offer is no longer available within our customer service department.
    I was considering the 12.99 a month offer but given the fact that they have now lied to me I just told them that I wouldn't deal with any business who tell lies to their customers and this wasn't the first time that they had told me little porkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

muffler wrote: »
    My 9.99/month offer is up next month so yesterday I emailed and cancelled and they came back with an offer of 12.99 a month for 2 months. I asked by return email if they would give it to me for the 9.99 but nothing doing.

After reading your post I emailed them there just 30 minutes ago and surprisingly I got a reply. I did ask them n the email if they would confirm that they hadn't offered anyone 9.99 a month in the last couple of days and this is part of the reply.....
    I was considering the 12.99 a month offer but given the fact that they have now lied to me I just told them that I wouldn't deal with any business who tell lies to their customers and this wasn't the first time that they had told me little porkies.

I also gave notification to cancel by email. I got the €12.99 offer by return email a couple of days later. I didn't respond.

Less than a week before I was due to be disconnected, I got a phone call one night, and was offered the €9.99, but only for two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Does thr ERCC code still work any1 know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Does thr ERCC code still work any1 know ?

try and let us know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

xabi wrote: »
    try and let us know ;)

think ill wait till international week is over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

it's finnshed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    think ill wait till international week is over

That was my plan too, lets hope they do the December offer again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,431 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Had a missed call from that number myself this evening.

I am due to be cut off at the end of next week.

So i'll see if they ring back with the same offer I won't take €12.99. I will take that €9.99 offer.

But if that's not offered I'll wait for a few weeks and see if they do the €1 offer again this Christmas.

Advertisement