Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Do you think they would offer the 9.99 deal over email?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Do you think they would offer the 9.99 deal over email?

I have seen friends get it over email and some not get it. I just think it depends on the day and who you deal with.

I cancelled mine on friday as all they would offer me was €12.99 for two months.

This was the same offer the last time I cancelled.

So I cancelled and they rang me a few days before I was to be cut off and offered the €9.99 deal for four months. I am hoping they will do the same again this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Did anyone cancel last week and get offered the 9.99 deal.

I rang tuesday to find out when l joined so l'd know when to cancel
    and the girl said there was no 9.99 offers at the moment.

I have seen friends get it over email and some not get it. I just think it depends on the day and who you deal with.

I cancelled mine on friday as all they would offer me was €12.99 for two months.

This was the same offer the last time I cancelled.

So I cancelled and they rang me a few days before I was to be cut off and offered the €9.99 deal for four months. I am hoping they will do the same again this time.

I was hoping they would help avoid all that hassle and just offer the 9.99. Especially when it's obvious that in a few days they will just ring back with the 9.99 anyway. I think I am just going to cancel on the website and then wait for the 9.99 offer. Only I'm thinking that if you cancel online they will ring back with the 12.99 offer as at that stage they still haven't had you refuse the 12.99. Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Oh balls I forgot to cancel mine, anyone know the date when they take the direct debit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

I'm still getting choppy pictures on Setanta 2 weeks on, am I the only one still getting it?

I rang up this morning to cancel the €1 offer and wasn't offered
    any offer to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Has anyone cancelled online? The form is asking me for a Customer Service Number but I have no idea what it is because Setanta never sent it to me.

30 days is up tomorrow and they are closed for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has anyone cancelled online? The form is asking me for a Customer Service Number but I have no idea what it is because Setanta never sent it to me.

Maybe try your viewing card number instead.

Maybe try your viewing card number instead.

They ask for that too... Might try putting viewing card in for both.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

If you received any emails from them it will be in the text of the email, have to look hard for it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

If you received any emails from them it will be in the text of the email, have to look hard for it though!

I got a confirmation email from them when I ordered on Saturday but cant see a Customer Service Number anywere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

toby2111 wrote: »
    I got a confirmation email from them when I ordered on Saturday but cant see a Customer Service Number anywere.

In the first email you received from them, look at the second paragraph about 5 lines down. Thats were it was on mine

The only email I got was the confirmation email and theres no sign of that customer number in that email.

Must be a different email, there is no customer number in the email I got. There is an Originator Identification Number but that doesn't work either.

Must be a different email, there is no customer number in the email I got. There is an Originator Identification Number but that doesn't work either.

Yep,same here

toby2111 wrote: »
    Yep,same here

I emailed Setanta about an hour ago and told them I wanted to cancel but couldn't because I didn't have a customer service number. They just replied and told me it was now cancelled.

I sent the email to setantacsire@setanta.mgtplc.com

I cancelled Monday was told told it will be disconnected immediately ,
    Yesterday was due to be the billing date.

Just checked now and the stations are still there.
    I bet l was charged full price yesterday,(cant check it until tomorrow)

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I cancelled Monday was told told it will be disconnected immediately ,
    Yesterday was due to be the billing date.

Just checked now and the stations are still there.
    I bet l was charged full price yesterday,(cant check it until tomorrow)

Has this happened to anyone else?

Last year when I availed of the deal and had the same thing, channels stayed a few days after the 30 day period. I wasn't charged for the following month. The cancellation is confirmed when they receive the email stating you want to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭statto25

What link are you using to cancel online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

statto25 wrote: »
    What link are you using to cancel online?

https://secure.setantasubs.com/roi/cancelsub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

last may i emailed them to cancel and used this email address on the 23/5/14

customerservicesire@setanta.com

i got a reply acknowledging my cancellation from this email address on the 26/5/14

setantacsire@setanta.mgtplc.com

i then received a phone call from them on the 19/6/14 ofering me a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sugarman wrote: »
    ..So just to be clear, if I were to sign up now when would I have to cancel it? after 29 days?
    You do know that the current €1 offer ended on 31st August?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sugarman wrote: »
    It did? It's still on their website and allowing you to sign up..
    I emailed them back on 7 August before I subscribed and this is part of their reply ......
    Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.
    I can confirm that the offer will be available until the 31st August.
    Perhaps contact them by email before subscribing to the €1 offer just to be on the safe side. If that offer is gone then it will set you back €21.99 a month. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Ends on the 23rd of September.
    (According to Setanta via a tweet).

Didn't have a customer number in my confirmation email either, so just emailed to cancel. Didn't get a response but the channels have been cut off. I wonder if they'll ring with an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

cancelled mine today, previous customer for many years. No offers at all. 22 euro a month lol. Was told I was disconnected immediately but still have the channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

dubmick wrote: »
    cancelled mine today, previous customer for many years. No offers at all. 22 euro a month lol. Was told I was disconnected immediately but still have the channels.

Give it a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Rang to cancel today - no offers. €21.99 a month or FOff

I F-edOff!

• Advertisement

DB74 wrote: »
    Rang to cancel today - no offers. €21.99 a month or FOff

I F-edOff!

Really? Wonder if they would be more open to giving offers after Man City Liverpool has passed?

Advertisement