Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Pulled the trigger on this also. €99 for a year is too good an offer to pass up on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Another happy customer here! I love ye guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I'm an existing customer. I rang up to cancel mine and they eventually offered the €99 for 1 year deal. Happy days just saved a good bit over the next 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Just rang BT/Setanta/Whatever

Was on a 3 months for €9.99 per month deal that was set to end December 27th. €9.99 came out of my account for the last two months for this. Another €9.99 was just been withdrawn a few days ago (for Nov-Dec)
    Flat out told the guy on the phone if there was any way to get on the €99 per year (€8.25 per month) deal, as it would be less hassle than me ringing every few months
    Guy on phone was great, he gave me 12 month for €89 (as he could not reimburse me the €9.99 that I was already charged a few ago for for Nov-Dec
    Now on 12 months that is set to end November 2015.

Awesome. I think I found the most helpful customer service man ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Does anyone know if this includes the HD channels??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

kopfan77 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this includes the HD channels??
    No hope of Setanta of HD but yesh, the BT Sports are in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

muffler wrote: »
    No hope of Setanta of HD but yesh, the BT Sports are in HD

It's weird because every Saturday the Setsnta game is also in glorious HD on the Astra 13 and 19 on Canal Sport Spain and on French And German TV and Setanta is the only one with the dreadful quality picture. It's a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Has anyone's service been activated yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

beno619 wrote: »
    Has anyone's service been activated yet ?

The setanta channels have been but not the BT ones yet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Just got the offer.. Bt 1+2 arent clearing.. Setanta ireland etc are tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

madmax72 wrote: »
    setanta ireland have a sale starting thursday. bt sport and setanta for €99 for the year for the first 1000 subscriptions.going mad paid 199 at the start of the season.will not be renewing at the end of my contract
    Aargh, only just read back on this thread properly now, and see this. Think I'll get this. Thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Got this offer too. They'd hardly limit the offer to 1000 customers of more requested it? Good wording in the email I suppose so as to make people "panic" sign up.

Very good offer. I'm a big fan of their service, especially with the UFC/European Football.

tinodz wrote: »
    Just rang BT/Setanta/Whatever

Was on a 3 months for €9.99 per month deal that was set to end December 27th. €9.99 came out of my account for the last two months for this. Another €9.99 was just been withdrawn a few days ago (for Nov-Dec)
    Flat out told the guy on the phone if there was any way to get on the €99 per year (€8.25 per month) deal, as it would be less hassle than me ringing every few months
    Guy on phone was great, he gave me 12 month for €89 (as he could not reimburse me the €9.99 that I was already charged a few ago for for Nov-Dec
    Now on 12 months that is set to end November 2015.

Awesome. I think I found the most helpful customer service man ever!

To be fair, I found their customer service people pretty good, even when they were under pressure last December. I like the idea of not having to keep ringing them, and I suspect they like this idea too!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

I have the setenta channels and espn channel but no BT yet?
    Will give it a day or so and I'll contact them then

callaway92 wrote: »
    Got this offer too. They'd hardly limit the offer to 1000 customers of more requested it? Good wording in the email I suppose so as to make people "panic" sign up.

Very good offer. I'm a big fan of their service, especially with the UFC/European Football.

They do a good job on the rugby too.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

jhammer wrote: »
    I have the setenta channels and espn channel but no BT yet?
    Will give it a day or so and I'll contact them then

FYI - The only reason people dont have BT tonight is because of rights restrictions to the europa league...For some reason those games are restricted. If you have ESPN then BT will be available after those live games tonight

FYI - The only reason people dont have BT tonight is because of rights restrictions to the europa league...For some reason those games are restricted. If you have ESPN then BT will be available after those live games tonight

Just signed up and was wondering about this.

It looks from the T & C's as if at the end of the year the service stops. Anyone know if we will have to give one month's notice to avoid going on to the regular full monthly subscription?

vienne86 wrote: »
    Just signed up and was wondering about this.

It looks from the T & C's as if at the end of the year the service stops. Anyone know if we will have to give one month's notice to avoid going on to the regular full monthly subscription?

I was told on phone today it would automatically go off and you would NOT need to cancel...which is better for us :0)

I was told on phone today it would automatically go off and you would NOT need to cancel...which is better for us :0)

Oh brilliant! You've saved me a phone call. Just added a reminder to google calendar, but can remove it now.

Can you sign up online or do you have to call them?

• Advertisement

You can sign up online...setantasports.com

Just need your viewing card number and credit card....you have to pay the annual amount all upfront

I just did it online. Very quick. Just note that, as per ealier post, BT not on until after the matches tonight.

I just did it online via iPhone thanks folks that's brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

for anyone that really plans ahead, if you sign up in the morning rather than tonight, the 28th of november next year is a saturday so you should get that days football too, whereas if you sign up tonight i imagine you'll be cut off on friday 27th.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    for anyone that really plans ahead, if you sign up in the morning rather than tonight, the 28th of november next year is a saturday so you should get that days football too, whereas if you sign up tonight i imagine you'll be cut off on friday 27th.

With any luck there'll be another deal offered! I have never paid the full amount to Setanta, and I never will - I just don't think it's worth it for what I want to watch.

vienne86 wrote: »
    With any luck there'll be another deal offered! I have never paid the full amount to Setanta, and I never will - I just don't think it's worth it for what I want to watch.

Same here, BT Sport might be worth it I think they have rights to a lot of champions league next year

Same here, BT Sport might be worth it I think they have rights to a lot of champions league next year

I was phoned when I gave it up at the end of the rugby season, but I said the deals didn't interest me for the summer. But at 8.25 a month and no hassle with cancelling and haggling, I couldn't let this go!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

Does anyone know if it includes the HD channels as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

By that I presume you mean BT Sports HD and ESPN HD ???
    Yes it does, signed up 10 minutes ago and they are up and running now.
    Setanta sports is SD though not HD.

Advertisement