Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Customer number...Cant remember getting one of them...

number on your sky card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Customer number...Cant remember getting one of them...

It is on the email they sent you when you first joined.

It is in the T&C's on that email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

greendom wrote: »
    number on your sky card ?

Nope, its in the welcome email, down the bottom. If you ring them on 0818203040, they can find your account with the viewing card number though

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Thanks but it says thats to cancel the €1 offer only. I'm on on full subscription. Presume if I email customer service it'll do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

BullBauld wrote: »
    Thanks but it says thats to cancel the €1 offer only. I'm on on full subscription. Presume if I email customer service it'll do?

Oh I assumed you were on the €1, yeah email them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

greendom wrote: »
    Cancellation is supposed to be effective immediately

Yes channels go straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

anyway, put in my call today as my final payment is due this week on my 4 month €9.99 a month offer. Got offered €12.99 a month for two months. If i was to take it my last €9.99 a month payment would be cancelled and a €12.99 payment would apply this week. Naturally i politely declined.

just wait now for a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

They're sending out SMS now telling me offer ends tomorrow... I cancelled last week but got no offer. Thinking I might just try it on my multi room box for another month and use wives details etc.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

Thinking I might just try it on my multi room box for another month and use wives details etc.:cool:

I did that, worked no probs :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I signed up for the 1 euro offer on 30th August.
    I guess I need to cancel it Saturday to ensure they don't hit me for a full months subscription or is it based on 1 calendar month viewing ?

I also checked my confirmation mail at time of ordering and definitely no customer number in there, so I guess I just ring up and cancel ?

Thanks a lot for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Did you get an email with subject line

WELCOME TO SETANTA SPORTS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Did you get an email with subject line

WELCOME TO SETANTA SPORTS
    I just got one email saying "your setanta sports order". Wanna see Merseyside derby on Saturday, then gonna cancel. I ordered 30th August, would next Monday 29th be too late to cancel?

its 30 days.

I cancelled today my next payment was due on the 28th of sep I will be cut off on the 26th of October.

I'm afraid you have to ring them on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I signed up for the 1 euro offer on 30th August.
    I guess I need to cancel it Saturday to ensure they don't hit me for a full months subscription or is it based on 1 calendar month viewing ?

I also checked my confirmation mail at time of ordering and definitely no customer number in there, so I guess I just ring up and cancel ?

Thanks a lot for the help.

I just forwarded my sign up email to them and added that I wanted to cancel and that worked for me. Email was customerservicesire@setanta.com

toby2111 wrote: »
    I just got one email saying "your setanta sports order". Wanna see Merseyside derby on Saturday, then gonna cancel. I ordered 30th August, would next Monday 29th be too late to cancel?

Ring the morning of the 29th. Ring them and quote your sky viewing card number. That should do ya.

Ring the morning of the 29th. Ring them and quote your sky viewing card number. That should do ya.

Yeh, the 29th will be day 30 so the sneaky feckers better not charge me a months sub!

Yeh, the 29th will be day 30 so the sneaky feckers better not charge me a months sub!

They should be open the sunday evening as well if you wanna be sure.

you cannot cancel setanta at the weekends by phone

Jaysus they've us caught every way :P

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 47 Verified rep Setanta Sports: Niall

Hi folks,

Just dropping in with a quick reminder that our €1 offer for new satellite customers ends at midnight tonight.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Niall

Hi Niall,
    My 30 days on the €1 offer is up on the 29th.Do I have to cancel before the 30 days are up? Can I just send an email on the 28th to cancel?Also I dont have a customer number so I cant use the cancellation page listed somewere on this thread. Is there a diferent email address?

Hi Niall,
    My 30 days on the €1 offer is up on the 29th.Do I have to cancel before the 30 days are up? Can I just send an email on the 28th to cancel?Also I dont have a customer number so I cant use the cancellation page listed somewere on this thread. Is there a diferent email address?

Hi,

You should have received your customer number with your welcome email when you first signed up. Once you have that then you can cancel on the 28th using the below URL.

secure.setantasubs.com/cancelsub

If you still can't find your customer service number and wish to cancel via email then you would be required to email us on the 26th

customerservicesire@setanta.com

Thanks,

Niall

Hi,

You should have received your customer number with your welcome email when you first signed up. Once you have that then you can cancel on the 28th using the below URL.

If you still can't find your customer service number and wish to cancel via email then you would be required to email us on the 26th

Thanks,

Niall

I only received 1 email and there was no customer number in it. Other people here have also had the same problem. Can you pm me my customer service number please. I sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I've signed up for this, how long does it take for the channel to be become unlocked after subscribing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Hi,

Thanks,

Niall

Hi Niall
    Please can you help :

I signed up for the 1 euro offer on 30/08/14.
    When is my deadline to cancel so I wont be charged full price ?
    Also I have double checked my confirmation email many times and there is NO mention of a customer service number on it.
    Thanks for your help

P.s fair play for coming onto Boards to offer help to us, setanta in the past have been poor in my opinion for customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hi folks,

Just dropping in with a quick reminder that our €1 offer for new satellite customers ends at midnight tonight.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Niall

Can we have it for €9.99 after that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

I rang this Ph. No. 0818203040 to cancel and got through straight away and was told exactly when I would be cut off and if you have any questions they are very helpful. I never had a customer number, I always quoted my viewing card number.

Benzino wrote: »
    I've signed up for this, how long does it take for the channel to be become unlocked after subscribing?

Your subscription should have been activated within 1 hour.
    andrew1977 wrote: »
    Hi Niall
    Please can you help :

I signed up for the 1 euro offer on 30/08/14.
    When is my deadline to cancel so I wont be charged full price ?
    Also I have double checked my confirmation email many times and there is NO mention of a customer service number on it.
    Thanks for your help

P.s fair play for coming onto Boards to offer help to us, setanta in the past have been poor in my opinion for customer service.

No worries, happy to help :)

I'm not sure why you didn't receive a customer service number but if you'd like to send me your full name and viewing card number then I can follow up with our customer service team who will provide it.

The last day you can cancel without being charged for a 2nd month is Monday September 29th.
    dahat wrote: »
    Can we have it for €9.99 after that please?

The price has reverted back to €21.99 now that our €1 offer has finished

Thanks,

Niall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Niall not sure if you can help but said i would ask. wanted to do the deal last night.......always leave it to last minute :rolleyes: ......anyhow her goodself was gone with laptop so could not avail of it.

Any chance I could email ya the details etc if not it is grand my fault completely

Advertisement