Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Are all these offers or lack thereof, for recent €1 signups, or long term customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Are all these offers or lack thereof, for recent €1 signups, or long term customers?

I think it's anyone that was with them in the past or new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

just a reminder for people that signed up for this not to forget to cancel, i remember a few got stung when they did it in december by forgetting to cancel on time.

I only just rembered it myself when i was checking what matches are on today.
    mine will be a month on tuesday so will get the city v arsenal match in then.
    was going to ring in the hope they'd offer it for 9.99 but from previous posts it seems they're not offering anything so just as handy e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hogey007 wrote: »
    just a reminder for people that signed up for this not to forget to cancel, i remember a few got stung when they did it in pdecember by forgetting to cancel on time.

I only just rembered it myself when i was checking what matches are on today.
    mine will be a month on tuesday so will get the city v arsenal match in then.
    was going to ring in the hope they'd offer it for 9.99 but from previous posts it seems they're not offering anything so just as handy e-mail.
    Yes you need to be really careful this time round. If you call to cancel, it takes immediate effect and if you call a day after the 31 day offer you will get stung for the full monthly or even annual fee !

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

If I sign up today will I get a full month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If I sign up today will I get a full month?
    If it's still on their website I dont see why not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Tried to cancel using the website on the final date of the offer. The website wouldn't work and phone lines closed. Charged €21.99 =/

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

What's the phone number to cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

I just rang up to cancel, expecting to be given an offer of say €9.99 a month to stay on, the guy said nothing for about 2 mins and then he said that my cancellation went through, shocked :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

JP85 wrote: »
    I just rang up to cancel, expecting to be given an offer of say €9.99 a month to stay on, the guy said nothing for about 2 mins and then he said that my cancellation went through, shocked :eek::confused:

€9.99 offer has expired due to the price increase to €21.99. The best offer now is €12.99 for 2 months.

My €9.99 offer was due to expire this week so I gave them a buzz.Despite the increase,€12.99 isn't too bad especially seeing as I haven't paid full price in a couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Cancelled my €1 free month. Was asked the reason, said it was too expensive at €21.99 and he said ok that's gone through. No offers or anything. Do they ever come back with any offers after this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I cancelled mine last month with no offer given to me.

I just got my phone call off them just now I had been on 5 months at €9.99, I told them straight I couldn't/wouldn't pay €21.99 so they offered to contuine my deal for another 2 months at €9.99 I took it.

He said with the new price point and football season back they weren't offering deals longer than 2 months at a time. Which is fair enough as the 5 month deal I got was for over the summer.

I just made sure to get the right date off him to cancel and now I will put it in my reminders on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'd say at this end of the season it will be hard to get a good deal out of them. Hopefully in another couple of months, they will want us back!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

In fairness its not worth €22 though so can't see many of the €1 subscribers staying on afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It happens once your card is activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Things will change with the Setanta pack soon... for the better hopefully they get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

cancelled today too, phoned to see if they'd offer me anything as i wouldn't mind keeping it but not at anything close to €22.

said i'd be happy to stay for the 9.99 i was offered in february and kept for 4 months and was told that wasn't available but if i stay on for €21.99 they "might" offer me something next month.

I told them it was ok but to give me a call if they are doing anything in and around 9.99, they cancelled it then.

wonder will many people who signed up for €1 stay on at 21.99, i was sure when they did this €1 offer they'd try keep people on with an offer but doesn't seem to be the case for most people ringing. €21.99 is a ridiculous price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

OK guys question please.

if i sign up this weekend to the €1 offer. When do I have to give them notice so that I am not charged the full month ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

OK guys question please.

if i sign up this weekend to the €1 offer. When do I have to give them notice so that I am not charged the full month ?

Thanks

Anytime within 31 days of signing up. It'll go off within 48 hours of giving them cancellation notice online though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Anytime within 31 days of signing up. It'll go off within 48 hours of giving them cancellation notice online though

Ok cheers for the reply so timing is the key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 gaving

Canceled this morning said I'd like to keep it but its to expensive asked if there was any other offers on she wouldnt offer €12.99 so went ahead and canceled! Seeing as 1€ offer is still on did anyone sign up for it again after cxancelling? Or is that even possible

gaving wrote: »
    Canceled this morning said I'd like to keep it but its to expensive asked if there was any other offers on she wouldnt offer €12.99 so went ahead and canceled! Seeing as 1€ offer is still on did anyone sign up for it again after cxancelling? Or is that even possible

I tried, it doesnt let you. Going to try a different viewing card and bank details later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Just cancelled it now. Offered €15.99 and then €12.99, both of which I refused so I cancelled after she said €9.99 wasn't available at the moment.
    I'm away from home for the next few weekends anyway so doesn't bother me to have cancelled for now. I will miss my Saturday football once I'm back to base though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just cancelled it now. Offered €15.99 and then €12.99, both of which I refused so I cancelled after she said €9.99 wasn't available at the moment.
    I'm away from home for the next few weekends anyway so doesn't bother me to have cancelled for now. I will miss my Saturday football once I'm back to base though :(

If you cancel online does it go immediately or at the end of the Month?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Was there an option to cancel online does any one know?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Was there an option to cancel online does any one know?
    Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

That link isn't working for me. Can't find where to cancel subscription on the website. What's it under?
    Thanks.

BullBauld wrote: »
    That link isn't working for me. Can't find where to cancel subscription on the website. What's it under?
    Thanks.

Try this https://secure.setantasubs.com/roi/cancelsub

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If you cancel online does it go immediately or at the end of the Month?

Cancellation is supposed to be effective immediately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Customer number...Cant remember getting one of them...

Advertisement