Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Keep getting cut off after a couple of minutes. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

heres whats coming up and is only BT, doesnt include the 3pm games on setanta

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

Wednesday January 1: Southampton v Chelsea - 3pm

Wednesday January 1: Manchester United v Tottenham - 5.30pm

Saturday January 11: Hull v Chelsea - 12.45pm

Saturday January 18: Sunderland v Southampton - 12.45pm

Tuesday January 28: Liverpool v Everton - 8pm

Wednesday January 29: Tottenham v Manchester City - 7.45pm

Saturday February 1: West Ham United v Swansea City - 12.45pm

Saturday February 8: Liverpool v Arsenal - 12.45pm

Tuesday February 11: Cardiff City v Aston Villa - 7.45pm

Wednesday February 12: Arsenal v Manchester United - 7.45pm

Saturday February 22: Chelsea v Everton - 12.45pm

FA CUP

Saturday January 4: Blackburn v Manchester City - 12.45pm, BT Sport 1

Sunday January 5: Derby v Chelsea - 2.15pm, BT Sport 1

Sunday January 5: Manchester United v Swansea - 4.30pm, BT Sport 1

cant see why any footy fan wouldnt give €30 for those games alone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

adox wrote: »
    Keep getting cut off after a couple of minutes. :mad:

Anyone know what these calls are costing? It might be cheaper to pay the 19.99 for the month of January!!!!

vienne86 wrote: »
    So is it "by" the 31st or "before" 31st? I have a horrible feeling it is "before" 31st....could be a long day!

dude , its the same system that sky uses, its a 31 day advance notice of canceling doesnt mean ring March 31st minus 31 days . . just ring Feb 25th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

They also show ice hockey too people. 15 games a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

What details do I need to cancel anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

So is it "by" the 31st or "before" 31st? I have a horrible feeling it is "before" 31st....could be a long day!
    The email I got when I signed up said before the 31 or you will be charged on the first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Finally got through to speak to someone. Using my sky card number, my registered contact number, name and address they couldn't find an account for me. All the details were correct because I checked the sky number numerous times. I also checked the confirmation email and the details were the same as I was giving.

Anyone else possibly had a similar experience? I was told call back later or tomorrow but I'm not particularly sure what will have changed by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Damien360

I am getting a dead line after 2 and half minutes. Not sure if this is on hold or disconnected.

• Advertisement

P_Cash wrote: »
    dude , its the same system that sky uses, its a 31 day advance notice of canceling doesnt mean ring March 31st minus 31 days . . just ring Feb 25th

Sorry....I was referring to the December deal i.e. can we also call tomorrow....someone else has answered my q.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Whats the email cancellation address?

correspondence@setanta.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Damien360

koppy wrote: »
    The email I got when I signed up said before the 31 or you will be charged on the first

That is a "noreply" email address. Anyone looking for this, it may be in your spam as that is where I found it on gmail.

Finally got through to speak to someone. Using my sky card number, my registered contact number, name and address they couldn't find an account for me. All the details were correct because I checked the sky number numerous times. I also checked the confirmation email and the details were the same as I was giving.

Anyone else possibly had a similar experience? I was told call back later or tomorrow but I'm not particularly sure what will have changed by then.

Funny, I just noticed I never got a confirmation email.....and it's not in SPAM either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just got through there after a ten minute wait, having had the same experience as others on here - I was placed in a queue having called unsuccessfully about 4 previous times. Was offered the initial 12.99 a month deal for the next 3 months but when it seemed as if I wasn't accepting that I was quickly offered the 9.99 a month deal which I accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Same here...3 times now...might cancel me visa...how would that work

Use the email option and then cancel your visa,at least you will have written proof you cancelled to cover yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kmad77

Tried 0818 203040 about 5 times kept getting cut off.
    Tried 0818 271400 got through first time, call length 5-6 min

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

I was on hold for about 15 mins after 4 attempts to get them. But got offered the 9.99 deal straight off. I am happy to take that after seeing the matches that they are showing over the next 3 months. The Mighty Blues are on New Years Day and a few other times over the 3 months.. So happy days.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Just got through there. Waiting about 10 minutes. Offered the 9.99 deal straight away when I said I was ringing to cancel. Sounds like mayhem in the background.

meolwan wrote: »
    I was on hold for about 15 mins after 4 attempts to get them. But got offered the 9.99 deal straight off. I am happy to take that after seeing the matches that they are showing over the next 3 months. The Mighty Blues are on New Years Day and a few other times over the 3 months.. So happy days.:D

all in stunning HD.

can see sky throwing in the HD channels with the std to get customers to stay.

i just hope BT has the same line up schedule wise next year.

losing the 12.45 kick off on sat mornings was a major loss, sher all the big games usualy take that slot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Just got through there. Waiting about 10 minutes. Offered the 9.99 deal straight away when I said I was ringing to cancel. Sounds like mayhem in the background.

Same as, account wasn't under my name so had to get the person whose name it was under. Just a heads up for people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Was pretty lucky by the sounds of things and got through using the 1, 1 options after about 6 minutes.

Took the 9.99 for 3 months deal which is a very good price considering the games coming up on the channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

How are you guys getting through??
    I'm constantly getting the "high demand for our services" message, then it sounds like i've been cut off, then i get the message again, then again i get the fast/busy tone... and finally the call gets cut off.

Frustrating!

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I'm constantly getting the "high demand for our services" message, then it sounds like i've been cut off, then i get the message again, then again i get the fast/busy tone... and finally the call gets cut off.

Frustrating!

Me too. I've rung 17 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Me too. I've rung 17 times.

Looks like you have to choose option 1, and then 1 again (new customer).
    I've finally been placed in a queue.

Looks like you have to choose option 1, and then 1 again (new customer).
    I've finally been placed in a queue.

Oh I've been doing that ......trying for 18th time now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Oh I've been doing that ......trying for 18th time now.

Would you not just e mail to cancel. Get a print off of your phine bill later to show them how many attempts to call you made, if there's any hassle later.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

Frustrating!

I am in the same boat as you.
    I press 1, then 2 and get the same message as you.
    Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

Would you not just e mail to cancel. Get a print off of your phine bill later to show them how many attempts to call you made, if there's any hassle later.

T&Cs say you must call the number to cancel.

• Advertisement

Hey....I'm on hold!

Advertisement