Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Keep getting cut of, bit of a joke they dont have a decent 'hold' service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

T&Cs say you must call the number to cancel.

They have provided a email address for today only to cancel, presumably to take some pressure off the phones

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Kmad77 wrote: »
    Tried 0818 203040 about 5 times kept getting cut off.
    Tried 0818 271400 got through first time, call length 5-6 min

Ringing the second number is at least getting me straight into a que instead of getting cut off.

Also there is a message saying they will accept cancelations by email today as well.

:Edit - Through after about 10 minutes. Offered the 9.99 offer straight away but declined. Took about 2 minutes to cancel.

Would advise ringing this number: 0818 271400

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Got it cancelled eventually.
    Phoned the 0818 271 400 number - chose option 1 and 1 again.

Placed on hold for about 10 minutes.

Guy offered me the 9.99 a month for 3 months deal which i declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

And finally......the guy went straight through to the 9.99 for three months offer. Call again by the end of February. Very pleasant......when I said that he must be having a horrid morning, he just said 'yeah, we're bit busy all right!'

It was a bit of a pain, but worth it! For me anyway.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Ringing the second number is at least getting me straight into a que instead of getting cut off.

Also there is a message saying they will accept cancelations by email today as well.

:Edit - Through after about 10 minutes. Offered the 9.99 offer straight away but declined. Took about 2 minutes to cancel.

Would advise ringing this number: 0818 271400

I only tried it twice, but found it no better.

God, I'd hate to be working there this morning!!!!

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i don't understand you

you ring up looking for a deal, get told you've to pay 20 a month because you're a new customer

but if you sign up online (for a euro) today then ring to cancel, they'll more than likely offer you the deal you were looking for in the first place

do you know you can still sign up for the euro?
    https://secure.setantasubs.com/

Well thanks to you making me see how stupid I was not to sign up on Saturday, I now have three months for 9.99 a month....and I really enjoyed last night's rugby. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

NATLOR wrote: »
    They have provided a email address for today only to cancel, presumably to take some pressure off the phones
    adox wrote: »

What email address did they give u?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,279 ✭✭✭Damien360

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Looks like you have to choose option 1, and then 1 again (new customer).
    I've finally been placed in a queue.

nice one. I have been doing 1 and 2 option. I am now on hold doing 1 and 1. Finally not getting cut off.

auto message saying they will accept cancellations via email today only. correspondence@setanta.com but I am assuming my spelling is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Kmad77 wrote: »
    Tried 0818 203040 about 5 times kept getting cut off.
    Tried 0818 271400 got through first time, call length 5-6 min

Thanks.

Got thru on above number in no time, then called back 2nd time to sort my Dad's out too. No long delays. Got the €9.99 on both accounts.

Great deal.. Thanks OP too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Eventually got through after being hold for 10 minutes, and just as I took a big bite into a birdseye potato waffle i was put through so had to spit it back onto the plate!!
    Anyway, was offered the 9.99 deal and took it.

Thanks.

Got thru on above number in no time, then called back 2nd time to sort my Dad's out too. No long delays. Got the €9.99 on both accounts.

Great deal.. Thanks OP too.

same here. better number was 0818271400 then option 1 and 1. offered deal but declined. 5 to 6 minutes hold and placed through to scottish guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

What info do you need to give to cancel?

What info do you need to give to cancel?

Just your view card number and your name and address

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

i cancelled via email.
    spent too long waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hi guys

I just went onto website, found email address and sent email saying I wanted to cancel and gave viewing card number

Done.....no ringing and waiting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi guys

I just went onto website, found email address and sent email saying I wanted to cancel and gave viewing card number

Would you mind posting the address?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi guys

Have the channels been switched off for you now? What email address did you contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just quoting the posts form the Setanta Rep earlier in this thread which should answer most of the questions that are arising now.

He did say that you cant cancel online....I take that as meaning email but the recorded voice message others have referred to states that you can indeed cancel via email....... correspondence@setanta.com but bear in mind you wont get an offer of a reduced package this way unless of course they call you back over the coming days.

I can confirm December 31st is the last day you can cancel before billed €19.99 for the January.

Thanks,

Niall
    Cancellations won’t be taken online but if you’re concerned feel free to call well in advance of the 31st December cut-off date.

These are our call centre opening hours over Christmas:
    Monday 23rd December 9.30am - 6pm
    Tuesday 24th December 9.30am - 4pm
    Wednesday 25th December Closed
    Thursday 26th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Friday 27th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Saturday 28th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Suday 29th December Closed
    Mon 30th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Tues 31st December 9.30am - 6pm

Thanks,

Niall

This was the email address they said could be used to cancel ....on the message while I was on hold:

correspondence@setanta.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

just called and for today only they are accepting cancellation requests via email. Was advised to send the details to correspondence@setanta.com

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

I got through on 0818271400 after about 10 minutes on hold. Got offered the 9.99 deal straight away and I took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Used the email address in the end as was on hold forever. Wish I had done it beforehand, switched off within two minutes of sending the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

I rang expecting to get 9.99 deal, but wasn't offered it.
    Raging its gone now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Do you think you might be offered the 9.99 deal if you rang even if you didn't do the December for 1e offer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Setanta are really missing out on a trick here.

Why not have an e mail for cancellations.

And have another one for keeping the package at 9.99 a month.

I'm going to e mail and cancel now, for the simple reason I don't want to spend the day on the phone being disconnected.

I would have kept it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Racket wrote: »
    Used the email address in the end as was on hold forever. Wish I had done it beforehand, switched off within two minutes of sending the email.

I E mailed this morning but not switched off yet,anyone else used e mail and did you get switched off yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Soarer

If you're emailing, I'd suggest taking a screenshot of the email showing the time, and send a copy to one of the Setanta reps on Boards.
    From my experience of trying to cancel Setanta before, they have a tendency to not receive things.

Hayezer wrote: »
    Do you think you might be offered the 9.99 deal if you rang even if you didn't do the December for 1e offer?

I thought of that on Saturday, but when I rang, it was no go....was told it was 19.99 per month..end of. So I signed up for the December offer and rang to cancel this morning....and was offered the 9.99 deal. I could well have spent 19.99 on phone calls by the time I got through.....but I got a great kick out of it in the end.

• Advertisement

I rang expecting to get 9.99 deal, but wasn't offered it.
    Raging its gone now ...

I wonder why? I thought this might happen to me because I only signed up for the December deal last Saturday....but was offered the 9.99 deal straight off told the guy I was cancelling this morning.

Advertisement