Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

rx8 wrote: »
    Got through on my 3rd attempt... selected option 1 for Sky then 1 again for new subscribers and got through that way.
    They are more likely to answer you if they think you are gong to sign up.It goes through to the same call centre, and they even offered to drop the price to €12.99 to keep my subscription on.

did you use 0818 203 040 ?
    i still cant get threw

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

rx8 wrote: »
    Got through on my 3rd attempt... selected option 1 for Sky then 1 again for new subscribers and got through that way.
    They are more likely to answer you if they think you are gong to sign up.It goes through to the same call centre, and they even offered to drop the price to €12.99 to keep my subscription on.
    Thanks for that. Obviously everyone else it doing that now....still getting cut off after a few listens to the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Just got through there following rx8 advice Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sicky

Just got through after about 10 attempts:rolleyes:
    Call centre guy couldn't have been nicer even though he was obviously under pressure, he offered me the 9.99 deal too.
    Just before they answered, there was a message saying you can unsubscribe for today only by e-mailing correspondence@setanta.com

• Registered Users Posts: 44 santry

Got through after only being on hold for 8 mins, offered me 12.99 for 2 months or 9.99 for 3 months and it was cancelled straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 chenz116

im on hold here and a recording was played saying they are accepting cancellations today via email

this is the email address correspondence@setanta.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I wonder how much they'll make by making people ring in 10 or more times or by keeping them on hold for ages?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Sicky wrote: »
    Just before they answered, there was a message saying you can ubsubscibe for today only by e-mailing correspondence@setanta.com

Interesting. Anyone tried this yet or what info do they require when you call that I'd need to include in the email to cancel my subscription?

chenz116 wrote: »
    im on hold here and a recording was played saying they are accepting cancellations today via email

this is the email address correspondence@setanta.com
    That's good to know.....I doubt anyone will be offered a deal that way, but you never know. These phone calls are costing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I'm not even getting put on hold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭BQQ

Can anyone who got through describe what info they required?

rx8, Mags, Sicky, Santry ?

Is it just viewing card number and credit card number?
    Anything else?

I'm not even getting put on hold

Yes, same here. I didn't get the message about email either. Do we have to call today, or can we do it tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

The message on the waiting thing says I need my viewing card number or else I have to call later on. I don't have this to hand as the moment so is it ok to cancel tomorrow instead or does it have to be done before the 31st December?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Select option 1 for sky, option 1 to join, got 2 offers made - 12.99 for 2 months or 9.99 for 3 months, tried haggle some more but wouldnt budge.

Took the 3 month option, sure its only a tenner :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Sky id number name & address thats all

ispini1984 wrote: »
    Select option 1 for sky, option 1 to join, got 2 offers made - 12.99 for 2 months or 9.99 for 3 months, tried haggle some more but wouldnt budge.

That's what I would love to get.....if only I could get through! I'll keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

ispini1984 wrote: »

would the 9.99 for 3 months include the HD channels

on hold here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I5 min wait.
    Offered 12.50 a month for 2 months then took he 9.99 a month for 3 months.

blade1 wrote: »
    I5 min wait.
    Offered 12.50 a month for 2 months then took he 9.99 a month for 3 months.

HD in that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

P_Cash wrote: »
    would the 9.99 for 3 months include the HD channels
    Yup - BT only but.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Is anybody else just getting cut off?

if i get offered the 9.99 ill take it for 5 months if i can, .. then that will see me up to end of May.

worth the €50 quid

muffler wrote: »
    Yup - BT only but.

ESPN HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

cancelled mine...offered 12.99 for 2 months and then 9.99 for 3 months....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Used the Email option,if i'm not cut off by the morning i'll ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Got through after 12 mins on hold. Offered 3 months for 9.99 so took it. Overall was impressed with the channels available & games on offer so worth giving it a try for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

^^

Same here. Was getting cut off on option 2 and was on hold on option 1 and got the message for the email cancellation (looks like the penny dropped)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

neacy69 wrote: »
    cancelled mine...offered 12.99 for 2 months and then 9.99 for 3 months....

Same as that, I was hoping he might go down to another month at e1 but no luck.
    I hardly watched it anyway

• Advertisement

done

offered 12.99,

then i said i was on a half price with sky and would accepted nothing less.

so he offered 9.99 for 3 months
    jumped at it. .

as far as i can see, if ur paying for sky sports, and getting it at 1/2 price. . .the only have 50% of good prem leag games

happy days. .

funny, i was warned to ring back end of feb. . .lol

Advertisement