Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Got through on the fourth attempt. Took the deal for the 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I've sent one off with 3/4 of those details.

I'd laugh if they refuse to cancel it because I omitted my phone number. :pac:

Might be no harm to send it again with the phone number, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 berminghamdl

I was ringing all day so I mailed them about 3.45pm. Just got a reply saying my subscription was cancelled. Nice and easy. You are better off mailing, phoning must be costing a fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I haven't received a response to an email I sent, can't get through on the phone and the channels are still working. Bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

abbir wrote: »
    I haven't received a response to an email I sent, can't get through on the phone and the channels are still working. Bah.

You have until tomorrow though?

Wouldn't worry, i've not heard back either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Spent 15 minutes on hold, got through to a Scottish lady who just cancelled my subscription without so much as a hint of an offer. Kinda pissed about it but at least I got a free month off them. Not a hope I'd spend €20 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

13 minutes altogether at half 5. Really nice Scottish guy offered me the 3 months straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

Got through after about 10 mins holding today, had to ask for the 3 months @ half price though. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Confirmation of cancellation received - with note saying no further monies other than the €1 would be debited.

Thanks to those who mentioned the e-mail address, I was given no message when on hold (assuming that engaged tone was an indication you were on hold).

• Registered Users Posts: 17 berminghamdl

abbir wrote: »
    What time did you mail them at? I'd resend the mail so they have it in the morning

• Advertisement

What time did you mail them at? I'd resend the mail so they have it in the morning

I sent one at about 3 and haven't heard.

Not worried, i'll email again in the morning if i've not been sorted.

I'm sure they're getting sick of cancellation emails at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Got through around lunch time easily enough, maybe 12-15min wait...Scottish maybe northern irish lady offered me the 3 months x €9.99 so asked her about extending it and she offered another 3 months (for price of 2) x €9.99. So took it, not bad getting 6 months for just under €50. Seems the first 3months are debited monthly with the final 3months as a one off payment of €19.98.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

I emailed aftet not getting through on phone. .. is the tone you get a holding tone or a hang up tone?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

God you lot have the patience of saints, waiting 15 minutes or longer to cancel, I couldn't wait longer than 2 minutes!, I just emailed them in the end, shame as I would have signed up for the €9.99 deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

I emailed aftet not getting through on phone. .. is the tone you get a holding tone or a hang up tone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

gazzaman22 wrote: »

Yes it is, but then it becomes the real hang up tone and you get cut off. That happened to me so many times today, I suspect the phone calls cost me more than I am saving on the deal I got!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

[QUOTE= I just emailed them in the end, shame as I would have signed up for the €9.99 deal.[/QUOTE]

Not having a go but why did you not just say that in your email to them like i did.

Seen all the posts here this morning so mailed them about 1pm looking to cancel but said it they gave me 3 months for 9.99 i would happily accept...Received confirmatio at 7pm that i was setup for 3 months at 9.99

In mail, i just provided name, card number

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not having a go but why did you not just say that in your email to them like i did.

Seen all the posts here this morning so mailed them about 1pm looking to cancel but said it they gave me 3 months for 9.99 i would happily accept...Received confirmatio at 7pm that i was setup for 3 months at 9.99

In mail, i just provided name, card number
    oh that's good to know !

I'm gonna do that too

km79 wrote: »
    oh that's good to know !

I'm gonna do that too

Yup email is the way to go lads , although i think it did say on the phone message that email address was just valid today, probably depend on call volumes tomorrow if your looking to cancel so get the mails in now :)

Yup email is the way to go lads , although i think it did say on the phone message that email address was just valid today, probably depend on call volumes tomorrow if your looking to cancel so get the mails in now :)

I emailed at 1 and heard nothing back.

Email isn't the way to go for me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

When you say card number do you mean viewing card or credit card or both ?

Oh sorry, viewing card number

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

When I signed up for the three month deal on the phone, I was only asked for my name and viewing card number. I haven't got any confirmation email from Setanta, either for this deal or the €1 December deal, so maybe I keyed in my email address wrongly when I signed up, but I don't think now is the time to try and ring to query that!!!......I'll call them when this rush is over.

Phoning was a shambles today, but I think everyone found the people in the call centre very pleasant.....they must have been tearing their hair out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Phoned today to cancel the 1 euro deal. They said they couldn't locate my account.

Very strange. Read the viewing card from the confirmation email they sent and took the viewing card out of my box to read the card from the TV i was watching.

Setanta still works. They better not charge me when the time comes! I'm trying my best to cancel here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Phoned today to cancel the 1 euro deal. They said they couldn't locate my account.

Very strange. Read the viewing card from the confirmation email they sent and took the viewing card out of my box to read the card from the TV i was watching.

Setanta still works. They better not charge me when the time comes! I'm trying my best to cancel here.

Exact same thing happened to me earlier. Address, name, sky card number wouldn't apparently bring up an account. So I was told to ring back (Not sure what would have changed).

Rang back later to speak to someone else. They took the card details used for the €1 payment. Instantly brought up my account. Apparently there was a change in sky viewing cards a few months back and for some reason the old card number was registered to my account even though I hadn't supplied it.

The guy I spoke with was very helpful and got the subscription cancelled for me. I would contact them again asking to use the payment card to locate your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Emailed twice today at 3 and half 4. Gave all the info but got nothing back. Going to have to ring tomorrow

I signed up for the month at the start of December, I'm now considering holding onto it until the end of the premier league season. Could anyone confirm that I can cancel then (May) or am I automatically signing up to a years contract by not cancelling before the 1st of Jan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I signed up for the month at the start of December, I'm now considering holding onto it until the end of the premier league season. Could anyone confirm that I can cancel then (May) or am I automatically signing up to a years contract by not cancelling before the 1st of Jan?

Your better off ringing to cancel, accept 9.99 a month for 3 months. When you ring to cancel then, likelihood is you will get another offer to stay subscribed. Not cancelling means you will be billed 20 euro a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

no, no contract,

was also thinking would they do 9.99 for 5 months, but the offer was just for 3 months.

id say next offer is for 6. which will cover them for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I emailed them yesterday and never got a reply and still have the channels. What can I do?

Advertisement