Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Got it for the Xmas, might keep it now as my father likes it and lives on his own.

In fairness to setanta was a good move and its not the most expensive package so should tempt a lot of people that had the trial. Hope they do well out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

NATLOR wrote: »
    Sky operate the same,was a full paying customer for years till i read the thread on here about 'cancellation deals', rang saying i was quitting the service and got it for half price!

yeah i know that & like you wasn't really aware of it/believe it until the threads here

but that poster was trying for a deal as a new customer (i know sky do offers at times, even setanta) it's usually people they're trying to keep getting the deals
    vienne86 wrote: »
    Well you brought me to my senses and I signed up - I'm into rugby and can watch some good games today and tomorrow.

good :D
    i don't watch it myself but it's supposed to be good for rugby alright

hopefully you get a deal from them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

If I sign up for this and cancel it tomorrow (after the UFC event) I can refuse the new deals i'm offered and it will have only cost me 1 euro?

Or if i sign up for this am I stuck in a contract for at least 2 months?

I'm sure this has been asked in the thread I just don't have time to read 21 pages.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i know you're joking but for anyone else, this is the call centre hours the next few days
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87856998&postcount=205

It says it is open today but I rang at 10am this morning and it was closed for cancellations and would not be open until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If I sign up for this and cancel it tomorrow (after the UFC event) I can refuse the new deals i'm offered and it will have only cost me 1 euro?

Or if i sign up for this am I stuck in a contract for at least 2 months?

I'm sure this has been asked in the thread I just don't have time to read 21 pages.

Many thanks.

If you sign up now online you can cancel tomorrow and you don't have to sign up again if you don't want. It will be cut off the moment you cancel.

You can only cancel over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

If you sign up now online you can cancel tomorrow and you don't have to sign up again if you don't want. It will be cut off the moment you cancel.

I think the call centre might be closed tomorrow, but I'm going to ring on Monday......after i've watched or recorded three rugby matches!

I think the call centre might be closed tomorrow, but I'm going to ring on Monday......after i've watched or recorded three rugby matches!

Can the rep that is in the thread not cancel for us if we PM him our details?

Something fishy going on if the call centres aren't open.

Either way they'll be in breach of their terms if that's the case and we can't cancel in time.

No big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

watch them, if you record them they probably won't be viewable - like sky recordings - when you're not subscribed

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

As long as you cancel before 6pm tuesday the times are linked a few posts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Either way they'll be in breach of their terms if that's the case and we can't cancel in time.

No big deal.

Whats with tthe paranoia? Its a call center, Its closed on a Sunday. The rep was perfectly open, he is the one who gave us the times. You can still call monday and tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

When I cancel I'll keep it for 10 a month to watch UFC and NBA if they offer it.

Wouldn't pay 20.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Whats with tthe paranoia? Its a call center, Its closed on a Sunday. The rep was perfectly open, he is the one who gave us the times. You can still call monday and tuesday.

I'm not paranoid.

I'm posting before people start worrying that their euro isn't doing what it's supposed to.

Calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Decent enough question.

100% corret answer to your query.

But none of this is good enough for you. You want to be treated different to everyone else it seems.

No big deal.
    Really? :confused:

I'm not paranoid.

I'm posting before people start worrying that their euro isn't doing what it's supposed to.
    So less than a hour after you ask about the offer you are now the expert on this subject :confused:

Calm down.
    Ditto :)

Your solution is easy. Dont sign up

muffler wrote: »
    Decent enough question.

100% corret answer to your query.

But none of this is good enough for you. You want to be treated different to everyone else it seems.

So less than a hour after you ask about the offer you are now the expert on this subject :confused:

Ditto :)

Your solution is easy. Dont sign up

What's the solution to having already signed up?

Too late now :(

I'm doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What's the solution to having already signed up?

Too late now :(

I'm doomed.
    Seeing as the call centre closed at 6 this evening and you asked questions about joining ("If I sign up for this and cancel it tomorrow") almost 3 hours after they closed Im not inclined to believe what you have said.

Happy New Year to you in any event.

Seeing as the call centre closed at 6 this evening and you asked questions about joining ("If I sign up for this and cancel it tomorrow") almost 3 hours after they closed Im not inclined to believe what you have said.

Believe what you want to believe.

I'm looking forward to watching my 1 euro UFC event in an hour.

I won't be looking forward to being paranoid that i've been scammed though, eh? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just remember, if you record any event on these channels then cancel it, you will NOT be able to watch what you have recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Can you not sign up online anytime?

NATLOR wrote: »
    Can you not sign up online anytime?

You are a smart one sir.

:)

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just remember, if you record any event on these channels then cancel it, you will NOT be able to watch what you have recorded

So I gather....if I don't watch the matches live this afternoon, I'll watch tonight and phone to cancel in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

jsut tried to call and cancel there but i got a message saying the call centre is closed on a sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

bungaro79 wrote: »
    jsut tried to call and cancel there but i got a message saying the call centre is closed on a sunday.

Fook was going to ring today. Better set reminder in me phone for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

scudzilla wrote: »

Im sure you can still watch the recorded program even if you unsubscribe.

I think that only applies to sky movies/sports.

mikeym wrote: »
    Im sure you can still watch the recorded program even if you unsubscribe.

I think that only applies to sky movies/sports.

Well as it happens, I'm getting to watch the matches live, but I might just record one anyway and see if I can still watch it after I'm disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Going to ring in BT the next 10 minutes to "cancel"...

Will accept €9.99 if they offer it to me.

What will happen?

Excitement!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

tinodz wrote: »
    Going to ring in BT the next 10 minutes to "cancel"...

Will accept €9.99 if they offer it to me.

What will happen?

Excitement!
    Nothing, there closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Nothing, there closed!

This is correct.

This is also a hassle, as they are only open 9AM to 6PM, and I am working Monday and Tuesday. Now I am going to have to sneak in a phonecall in before the deadline :(

Anyone got through yet today? I've been cut off twice....so far. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Anyone got through yet today? I've been cut off twice....so far. :(

me to,since they opened at 9.30 ive rang 5 times and after being on hold for a few minutes i just get cut off.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

Got through on my 3rd attempt... selected option 1 for Sky then 1 again for new subscribers and got through that way.
    They are more likely to answer you if they think you are gong to sign up.It goes through to the same call centre, and they even offered to drop the price to €12.99 to keep my subscription on.

Advertisement