Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

P_Cash wrote: »
    HD in that?
    I think so.
    The guy on the phone scrapped the old €1 subscription and started a new 3 month one.

I still have the hd channels including ESPN HD , so I presume I'll have them for the 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Is anybody else just getting cut off?

Yes.

Disgraceful way to handle inbound calls. "Please call later" ? Does Setanta think I have all day to be ringing their call centre again and again? Why not put the calls in a queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

meant to say, he said half of irelanding ringing in.. and the system is crawling. .

makes me wonder how it it will all survive getting only 9.99 a month.

totally worth it. .

if sky didnt have nfl or the odd good la liga game, i wouldnt miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

toby2111 wrote: »
    I wonder how much they'll make by making people ring in 10 or more times or by keeping them on hold for ages?

See below
    Cheaper ta ring with this I'd say as well. http://www.saynoto1890.com/2013/02/s/

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

kazzer wrote: »
    Yes.

Disgraceful way to handle inbound calls. "Please call later" ? Does Setanta think I have all day to be ringing their call centre again and again? Why not put the calls in a queue?

keep trying the number

select 1 and 1. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭geriatric

Is anybody else just getting cut off?

Yes I keep getting cut off too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »
    I think so.
    The guy on the phone scrapped the old €1 subscription and started a new 3 month one.

I still have the hd channels including ESPN HD , so I presume I'll have them for the 3 months.

Also, don't forget they want 30 days notice for canceling.
    I suppose the 1st of March will be the last day to cancel this 3 month offer.

P_Cash wrote: »
    keep trying the number

select 1 and 1. .

Cheers, tried that, but still just get cut off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

anyone know what games they have coming up over next 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Cheers, tried that, but still just get cut off!

Same here...3 times now...might cancel me visa...how would that work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Yes.

Fantastically over dramatic. The large amount of calls is quite clearly playing havoc with their system.
    However you think something that is ultimately out of their hands is disgraceful? Perhaps they could have a direct line for you because you know, you paid €1 and demand value for your money. I mean did anyone really not see this scenario happening?

Anyway, have tried calling numerous times. Tried the 1+1 option and no joy. Still being cut off. So emailed them and hopefully that will do the job. If not will try and call later.

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Same here...3 times now...might cancel me visa...how would that work

I got into the queue now. Seems you just have to keep trying.

All options now going to a "Experiencing High voloume of calls message ..." , advising to visit the website and then just diverting to a busy tone

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭geriatric

Their Hold ringtone is like a hangup tone. Mmmmm ... I wonder what that's about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

geriatric wrote: »
    Their Hold ringtone is like a hangup tone. Mmmmm ... I wonder what that's about?

I thought you were joking. Instead of hanging up as I had been previously I noticed this as well. Very off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

16 min on hold. Girl said I was lucky I got got through ao quick...48 min the last lad before me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Got through, 17 mins from start to finish. Offered the 12.99 per month for two months, refused. Then he offered me the €9.99 per month for 3 months. Took that offer, you have to phone end of February to give 30 day notice for cancellation end of March. Some great football on it coming up though, liverpool Everton, United spurs, arsenal liverpool etc.

Fantastically over dramatic. The large amount of calls is quite clearly playing havoc with their system.
    However you think something that is ultimately out of their hands is disgraceful? Perhaps they could have a direct line for you because you know, you paid €1 and demand value for your money. I mean did anyone really not see this scenario happening?

Anyway, have tried calling numerous times. Tried the 1+1 option and no joy. Still being cut off. So emailed them and hopefully that will do the job. If not will try and call later.

Go away you clown

Finally got through and got the offer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

blade1 wrote: »
    Also, don't forget they want 30 days notice for canceling.
    I suppose the 1st of March will be the last day to cancel this 3 month offer.

I was told to ring the end of Feb to cancel and they would take final payment in March and cut off at the end of March likewise if I want to quit at the end of Feb to call end of Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Are they taking the ten euro right away or is it over the 3 months

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »

I would think so, as they cancel the 1 euro offer then apply the new offer, so I would prepare for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Just emailed them there to cancel the subscription.
    If its not done today I will call them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

geriatric wrote: »

I'm finding that it is just stopping altogether after a couple of minutes....that's on the land line. On the mobile, it just disconnects. Very annoying.

cena wrote: »

its 9.99 per month

I would think so, as they cancel the 1 euro offer then apply the new offer, so I would prepare for that

I thought it would be over the 3 months.
    They must be finding it hard to get customers. I would love to keep it but I have two bills to pay and trying to save for new York this year.

The annoying thing is that you don't get the announcement of the email cancellation address until you are in the queue, which took several attempts for me anyway.

The annoying thing is that you don't get the announcement of the email cancellation address until you are in the queue, which took several attempts for me anyway.

I'd consider it an achievement to get in the queue!

I won't be paying 10 euro per month.

So is it "by" the 31st or "before" 31st? I have a horrible feeling it is "before" 31st....could be a long day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Sydneyswan1

vienne86 wrote: »
    I'd consider it an achievement to get in the queue!

Whats the email cancellation address?

Advertisement