Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I emailed customerservicesire@setanta.com,

Got this email

Dear XXXXXX,

Account reference: XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

We are sorry to hear that you no longer wish to subscribe to Setanta Sports.

Your Setanta Sports Pack brings you a wide range of top sporting content including:

71 Exclusively Live Barclays Premier League matches per season
    25 Exclusively Live FA Cup games, including the final
    30 Exclusively Live Scottish Premiership matches
    69 Live Aviva Premiership Rugby matches and Exclusively Live coverage of the Top 14
    30 Exclusively Live UFC events per year, including UFC World Championships
    15 Exclusively Live Allianz Leagues GAA matches
    Every Formula 1 practice, race & qualifying live
    Top flight football every week from the Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, MLS & Brasileiro Serie A

In the meantime, your account has now been cancelled with immediate effect in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the €1 for December offer and no further monies will be debited from your account.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team on 0818 20 30 40 and one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Setanta are really missing out on a trick here.

Why not have an e mail for cancellations.

And have another one for keeping the package at 9.99 a month.

I'm going to e mail and cancel now, for the simple reason I don't want to spend the day on the phone being disconnected.

I would have kept it otherwise.

I think they make you phone so that they can haggle.

I was with them years ago, and was always getting offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads rang too cancel and was told the 9.99 offer is per month not for 3 months?? Wtf?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads rang too cancel and was told the 9.99 offer is per month not for 3 months?? Wtf?

That's half price. What were you hoping for????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Its 9.99 a month FOR 3 months :)

• Advertisement

NATLOR wrote: »
    Its 9.99 a month FOR 3 months :)

Just misread the quotes sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

lol. .

look, including the month of dec for €1, taking the 9.99 pm for 3 months is giving you 4 months tv with this pack at averaging €7.74 a month for the 4 months

i always grap a good deal when i see it,

but some people expect way to much. . .

id love to know the reasons why people declined the 3 month offer.

maybe not in to sports, why take it up in the first place i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Can't get through on the phone to cancel. How quick is it to cancel by email?

Just got a confirmation e mail from them and have been switched off

P_Cash wrote: »
    lol. .

look, including the month of dec for €1, taking the 9.99 pm for 3 months is giving you 4 months tv with this pack at averaging €7.74 a month for the 4 months

Thsts still good tho. Does any know will they give you the 9.99 deal if you sign up now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Done-I emailed them and not too long afterwards they replied with a nicely-worded email confirming that it had been cancelled.

Thank you,Setanta Claus!!

Thsts still good tho. Does any know will they give you the 9.99 deal if you sign up now?

Didn't offer it to me last Saturday.....that was just signing up as a new customer....so I signed up for the 1 euro deal and then cancelled this morning and got the 9.99 for three months deal......already I'm bracing myself for the phone call at the end of Februrary!!!

No reason they wouldnt,sign up now for the euro deal cancel either later or tomorrow by phone and it should be offered to you

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

i doubt it,

and dont ask for it either, one of my golden rules, never ask for a deal. . .

i thoughts are leav it now until feb, u might see a sign up offer,

i was going to do it anyway with them for the month of dec. . with the games over x-mas. . . and then cancel after 1 month. .

thats what u could do. . sign up for 1 month at 19.99.

then ur contact details are on the system for future offers. .

that was my whole idea in taking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

lol. .

I posted the list of live football for the next 3 months on BT & a link to the Setanta lineup also,there's a huge amount of football on without even counting the other sports,for about 30c a day it's great value,a packet of crisps a day is 3 times that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

NATLOR wrote: »
    Just got a confirmation e mail from them and have been switched off

When did you send the mail? I sent mine just before 12 and have received no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭FeelingTired

statto25 wrote: »
    When did you send the mail? I sent mine just before 12 and have received no reply.

I sent an email to them at 11.30, just got a reply now

then ur contact details are on the system for future offers. .

that was my whole idea in taking it up.

Speaking of contact details, I never got emails confirming my sign up, so I'm wondering if my email is correct....does anyone know if you can go in and edit your details, like you can on Sky?

statto25 wrote: »

Sent it around eleven,resent it at half two then got switched off nearly straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Sent email at 14.43 today, just received reply confirming cancellation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Let's see now ...

€1 per month - Worth a look

€9.99 per month (for three months minimum) - not so much

I had a look, they didn't have much to interest me, and I'm not paying 10 times as much to keep it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

To cancel email --> correspondence@setanta.com

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

lol. .

Work a lot of nights an evening's so miss most live matches. Not one for recording and watch later when you know the result. Worth a euro for the matches ovee xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

To cancel email --> correspondence@setanta.com

I have tried this twice and haven't gotten a reply. Also tried customer service and ringing. No luck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

I have no sky at the moment. Dish got damaged in the wind. I have no way of knowing if it well be canceled.

To cancel via email is it just your address and viewing card number that is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

cena wrote: »
    I have no sky at the moment. Dish got damaged in the wind. I have no way of knowing if it well be canceled.

To cancel via email is it just your address and viewing card number that is needed

Just asked me for the name, address and viewing card no. hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

FYI I was going to stay for 9.99 pm for the 3 months however, I didn't have time to spend on the phone all day - I tried several times on both numbers and got no joy...

eventually I said F.It and sent them off the cancellation email... I'll watch the odd match I want to see using other methods!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Received this after I sent in an email without the viewing card number. I spoke to a very nice Scottish bloke who took my details and offered me a deal for half price for 3 months. Don't have Sky Sports so this will give me my football fix until the end of March '14.

This is what they are looking for to cancel:

In order for us to assist you in your query please can you provide the following details?

- Name of Account Holder
    - Address Registered on Account
    - Sky Viewing Card number
    - Contact Telephone Number

These details will help us to locate your account and assist you further.
    If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team on 0818 20 30 40 (from the Republic of Ireland) or 08712 770393 (from Northern Ireland) and one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

We are open from 9:30am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Raoul wrote: »
    I have tried this twice and haven't gotten a reply. Also tried customer service and ringing. No luck so far.

Same as that. Still have the channels hours later. Don't want them no matter what deal they offer (ok, would sign up forever if it was €1 per month....).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

bailey99 wrote: »
    Received this after I sent in an email without the viewing card number. I spoke to a very nice Scottish bloke who took my details and offered me a deal for half price for 3 months. Don't have Sky Sports so this will give me my football fix until the end of March '14.

This is what they are looking for to cancel:

In order for us to assist you in your query please can you provide the following details?

- Name of Account Holder
    - Address Registered on Account
    - Sky Viewing Card number
    - Contact Telephone Number

These details will help us to locate your account and assist you further.
    If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team on 0818 20 30 40 (from the Republic of Ireland) or 08712 770393 (from Northern Ireland) and one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

We are open from 9:30am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday.

I've sent one off with 3/4 of those details.

I'd laugh if they refuse to cancel it because I omitted my phone number. :pac:

Advertisement