Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XtraVision refuse to Sell to Xbox Ones without purchase of an additional game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    XV will still force you to buy another game even if you have other games pre ordered along with the console.

Oh is this affecting things like the Killzone bundle as well? that's even more sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,325 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wright wrote: »
    So you are actually covered, as you have games pre-ordered... yet... you're going to try and cancel those games, that you actually want... to... test, Xtravision?

Surely you can find a better use for your time, like doing the laundry, or clearing out the shed...

I don't understand the outrage. Surely... you plan to buy at least one title to play on your console?

I have two games preordered. If XV did the same thing for the PS4 launch as they did this weekend, I would have to then buy a third game or an extra controller (both of which I was planning to get next month, and would be pushed to afford this month). From what people were saying about the XBO launch, no matter what you had preordered, you had to buy something extra.

So if they're going to do the same thing next weekend, I want to cancel the preorders on at least one of the games. It's not in any way to "test" them. It's to make sure I don't have to spend any additional money that I wouldn't have planned on spending. It's to make sure they don't get any additional money out of me by using these unethical tactics, because unethical practices like these shouldn't be rewarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Afaik things will be the same with the ps4 so yes you will probably still have to buy another game on top of the bundle.

from what I gather even if you had two or three games pre ordered with your console you will still have to buy another game on top of that come launch day.

They are acting in a shambolic way Imo.

Penn wrote: »
    I have two games preordered. If XV did the same thing for the PS4 launch as they did this weekend, I would have to then buy a third game or an extra controller (both of which I was planning to get next month, and would be pushed to afford this month). From what people were saying about the XBO launch, no matter what you had preordered, you had to buy something extra.

So if they're going to do the same thing next weekend, I want to cancel the preorders on at least one of the games. It's not in any way to "test" them. It's to make sure I don't have to spend any additional money that I wouldn't have planned on spending. It's to make sure they don't get any additional money out of me by using these unethical tactics, because unethical practices like these shouldn't be rewarded.

That's complete horseshit. You're already paying for the games and the console why make people pay even more for a game they don't want or budgeted for?

zenno wrote: »
    I'd be curious to see how easy it would be in getting a refund from them.

Friend was told that due to the high value of the item he would have to wait for a cheque to be sent out from head office, which may take a number of weeks and there is no guarantee that he would have his refund this side of Christmas.
    krudler wrote: »
    Oh is this affecting things like the Killzone bundle as well? that's even more sh1te.

If you had pre-ordered the XboxOne Day One bundles that came with a game, you still need to buy another one. My friend had the bundle and an additional game (Dead Rising 3) paid off and he was told that he was required to purchase another game or accessory worth a minimum of 60 euro or he would not be getting his console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thats it lads, get yer torches!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

The funny thing about what Xtra-Vision are doing is the fact that we will all hear them complain of very low sales in january. And we will all be nodding our heads in disbelief. Good job Xtra-Vision, what a way to go to the cleaners.

zenno wrote: »
    The funny thing about what Xtra-Vision are doing is the fact that we will all hear them complain of very low sales in january. And we will all be nodding our heads in disbelief. Good job Xtra-Vision, what a way to go to the cleaners.

That's it exactly. It's short term gain but with huge, irreparable damage done to their long term customer base. After I get my console, I'm not buying from XV again, and that includes dvds. I used to only really use Amazon to buy dvds/blurays that were too difficult to find here or if there was a huge difference in the cost of a boxset. Now, I'll be pretty much buying everything online, whether it be Amazon or setting up an account with Gamesnash.

I've bought every console I've owned (incl. 2 PS3s and 2 360s) in XV. I bought the majority of my games in XV. I've spent so much on games and dvds over the years that my family used to joke that XV would be inviting me to their staff Xmas party.

I fail to see any way they could reverse the damage they've done to the extent that it'd make me go back to them now. Even if I don't end up spending any extra money or don't have to get an extra game, the fact that XV have done this and that so many have already been screwed over with this practice... they've lost me.

I was going to get a Vita there as they have a good deal there at the mo, not arsed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So wait, even if you got already preordered console and 3 games, they would force you to buy one more game, or they will cancel your preorder?! they should be railroaded by consumer rights or at least by very least get some bad publicity on TV etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 M.Byrne

I can't understand why they've done this because who buys a console without a game anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

The only thing Xtra Vision have ever been good for is going giving someone else's name and address, renting a bunch of games / blu rays and never returning them. It's hilarious the amount of times I've done this and never once been asked for any form of ID or a card.

ps3lover wrote: »
    The only thing Xtra Vision have ever been good for is going giving someone else's name and address, renting a bunch of games / blu rays and never returning them. It's hilarious the amount of times I've done this and never once been asked for any form of ID or a card.

But that says more about you being a thieving scumbag than it does about Xtravision.

So wait, even if you got already preordered console and 3 games, they would force you to buy one more game, or they will cancel your preorder?! they should be railroaded by consumer rights or at least by very least get some bad publicity on TV etc.

They wouldn't cancel your preorder, but they'd essentially put you to the back of the list in terms of when you get your console. Even if you're in the store, they won't release your console, and will instead call someone who was in the second batch and give them the chance to get the one you were supposed to get.

M.Byrne wrote: »
    I can't understand why they've done this because who buys a console without a game anyway?

It's not about making you buy a game, it's to make you buy an extra game (or accessory). That's where they make their money, not from the sales of the consoles. I'm guessing most people hadn't preordered more than one game, even if they were planning on buying them at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone tweeted Shu about this, he usually responds to most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Do people think all the consoles will sell out?

So taking your money back buying elsewhere shouldnt be a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

dreamers75 wrote: »

Thats the problem as there will be NO consoles available anywhere in Ireland within hours of launch and Xtravision know this so they are extorting money from customers.

Your choices are to complain and kick up a stink at Xtravision or pre order elsewhere and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

They wouldn't cancel your preorder, but they'd essentially put you to the back of the list in terms of when you get your console. Even if you're in the store, they won't release your console, and will instead call someone who was in the second batch and give them the chance to get the one you were supposed to get.

It would not be as bad if you already buying and preordered a game with console as most people will do. I got a ps4 and 3 games preordered with it in Gamestop.
    Problem is that they pretty much black mailing you by forcing you to buy something when you already got a game bought/preordered. I really hope someone complains and it gets proper public attention.
    I dont have twiiter account, but someone please, let the MS and Sony know about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I'd go without rather than give them my hard earned money.
    I'll not darken the door of xtraNOvision again.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »

course they will, chances of strolling in someplace and buying one after launch are slim to none, they probably allocated a handful of non pre-order consoles but people will be queuing up for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I was in XV today was asking whether they had stock and the poor lad felt obliged to tell me if I preordered I would have to buy a game as well. He obviously was embarassed and didnt agree with it.

Won't buy from xtra vision coz they dont accept one4all which i want to get rid of!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

krudler wrote: »
    course they will, chances of strolling in someplace and buying one after launch are slim to none, they probably allocated a handful of non pre-order consoles but people will be queuing up for those.

Xtravision probably have a few extra ones now :D
    Did the people who wanted just the console get the games on a good deal on Amazon or something I doubt their prices are worse than Gamestop or Argos (€73 for Assassins Creed IV for example)

GTR63 wrote: »
    Did the people who wanted just the console get the games on a good deal on Amazon or something I doubt their prices are worse than Gamestop or Argos (€73 for Assassins Creed IV for example)

zavvi.com have a few xbone titles for 61.99 and a fiver off if you quote a code:

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/next-generation.list

GTR63 wrote: »

Got mine from VGC, were only €45 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I have read most of this thread with interest, can someone answer me this..
    If you pre-ordered the console did you
    A. Pay a deposit?
    B. Get some form of receipt showing what you ordered? If yes does it mention anything about having to purchase extra games / items?
    Or C. Did they just take your name and that was it until the console arrived?

That's it exactly. It's short term gain but with huge, irreparable damage done to their long term customer base. After I get my console, I'm not buying from XV again, and that includes dvds. I used to only really use Amazon to buy dvds/blurays that were too difficult to find here or if there was a huge difference in the cost of a boxset. Now, I'll be pretty much buying everything online, whether it be Amazon or setting up an account with Gamesnash.

I've bought every console I've owned (incl. 2 PS3s and 2 360s) in XV. I bought the majority of my games in XV. I've spent so much on games and dvds over the years that my family used to joke that XV would be inviting me to their staff Xmas party.

I fail to see any way they could reverse the damage they've done to the extent that it'd make me go back to them now. Even if I don't end up spending any extra money or don't have to get an extra game, the fact that XV have done this and that so many have already been screwed over with this practice... they've lost me.

And the inconvenience it is causing to their customers, no-one needs this hassle at this time of the year, that's why I find this a very unusual concept that Xtra-Vision took. It boggles the mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Aren't HMV owned by the same crowd? Aren't they doing the same thing? Why aren't they getting any of this heat?

Aren't HMV owned by the same crowd? Aren't they doing the same thing? Why aren't they getting any of this heat?

As far as I know they do not have launch day stock, unless that has changed, they were not supposed to get any first wave consoles.

• Advertisement

I'm sure Xtra-Vision will pass the message on to them.

Advertisement