Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

What's the best case to get for the Moto G, do Otterbox do a case for it and where is the best place to get one? Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

What's the best case to get for the Moto G, do Otterbox do a case for it and where is the best place to get one? Thanks!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00GSIKVL6?cache=594e5e7966ee21f25780623a8fc9a932&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&qid=1409602155&sr=8-4#ref=mp_s_a_1_4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The mother is picking one of these up for my brother.. Are the meteor ones deffo unlocked too any network? Hes with 48 now

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The mother is picking one of these up for my brother.. Are the meteor ones deffo unlocked too any network? Hes with 48 now

They appear to be, although someone mentioned they auto-lock to the first network used

Question for fellow owners – is there a way to adjust the vibrate setting? I find it too tame and rarely notice it going off in my pocket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

A Disgrace wrote: »
    They appear to be, although someone mentioned they auto-lock to the first network used

Indeed, they auto-lock to the first SIM card you insert into the phone so if you'd like to use it with 48, you must start the phone with a 48 SIM for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Hi all,

Thread is massive so I'll ask here - did anyone else encounter an issue with their phone's vibration function stop functioning completely?

I bought my phone from Tesco UK last Nov/Dec and a few months ago the vibration stopped working - anyone else encounter this? Did ye end up sending it back? How did it go?

Thanks!

mystic86 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thread is massive so I'll ask here - did anyone else encounter an issue with their phone's vibration function stop functioning completely?

I bought my phone from Tesco UK last Nov/Dec and a few months ago the vibration stopped working - anyone else encounter this? Did ye end up sending it back? How did it go?

Thanks!

Doesn't look like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Factory reset just to rule out software...reset it anyway b4 sending it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

Link quoting a price of USD $214 for the G2. Great price if true!

http:// au.ibtimes.com/articles/565056/201 40903/moto-g2-g.htm#. VAc7xGSwLBc

(Can't post the proper link..new user)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

If this has a decent camera, I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Hi all,

Thanks!

This happened to my missus's phone at the weekend. I think she's still having the issue but it seems to come and go.

No idea what caused it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

I guess we will find out tommorow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Baxtardo wrote: »
    Link quoting a price of USD $214 for the G2. Great price if true!

http:// au.ibtimes.com/articles/565056/201 40903/moto-g2-g.htm#. VAc7xGSwLBc

(Can't post the proper link..new user)

Link:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/565056/201 40903/moto-g2-g.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

There seems to be problem with above link
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/565056/201 40903/moto-g2-g.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Hi all,

Thanks!

My vibration is killed with sleeping mode, sometimes it doesn't come back at wake up, sometimes the ring volume doesn't reset either. I just check both in the morning. Not sure if it's turning it off when in sleep mode or leaving it on causes this, it seems random.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

If this has a decent camera, I'm in.

8 MP back and 1.3 MP front cameras are consistently being mentioned, would be happy with that. The poor camera is what eventually made me hold off purchasing the G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

8 MP back and 1.3 MP front cameras are consistently being mentioned, would be happy with that. The poor camera is what eventually made me hold off purchasing the G

Ive an 8MP on my Nexus 5 , its perfect for my needs something similar would be great on the G2, defintely the achilles heel of the Moto G

Roll on tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Still could be poor quality though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Still could be poor quality though...

At the price point being mentioned, something's gotta give, and I reckon it may be just as you say.

But hey, its a phone, a communication device, with a camera!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Quick question: Are all the 8gb @ €169 versions 4G?
    Reason I'm asking is that the card beside the display model in my local Meteor store doesn't mention 4G.
    I don't want to ask too many questions in the shop as I just want to buy it and run so I can put my 3 sim in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Quick question: Are all the 8gb @ €169 versions 4G?
    Reason I'm asking is that the card beside the display model in my local Meteor store doesn't mention 4G.
    I don't want to ask too many questions in the shop as I just want to buy it and run so I can put my 3 sim in it.

Ask just in case it's the non-4G 8GB model. Always ask. >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It should say 4G on the back of the box.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Thought these new motos were suppose to be announced today? So far nothing that I can find online about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

mondeo wrote: »
    Thought these new motos were suppose to be announced today? So far nothing that I can find online about it.

apparently it was a closed conference to showcase the devices to the press, and the actual launch is tomorrow. Was really looking forward to the launch today.

So its here!

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/05/new-moto-g/

Specs were pretty much what we thought , same launch price, 5inch screen and 8Mp camera. I'll be hoping to try it in hand in store soon,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Moto G (2nd Generation)
    • Operating System: Android ™ 4.4.4, Kitkat®
    • Processor: 1.2 GHz quad-core processor with Adreno 305 450 MHz
    • Memory capacity: 8GB + microSD card
    • Amount of memory (RAM): 1GB
    • Display diagonal (inch): 5-inch
    • Display: 720p HD TFT
    • Camera resolution: 8MP
    • Front camera resolution: 2MP
    • Built-in flash: Yes
    • Video recording: 720p 30fps
    • Speakers: 2 - 11x15x3,0
    • Bluetooth profiles: Bluetooth 4.0, BLE
    • Connections: MicroUSB 2.0 HS, 3.5 mm OMTP HS + CTIA
    • Dimensions (W / H / D): 70.7 mm /141.5 /10.99
    • Weight: 149g
    • Battery capacity: 2,070 mAh

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Nono Toure

Does anyone know roughly when these will be available to buy in-store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

probably easier to buy from Amazon they might have it later or 2moro to buy from

Keep an eye on the UK sites I wouldn't be surprised if UK retailers have them already tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Great news about this (other than the spec bump and same price) is that the OEM flip cases and backs will still be available in new colours.

Motorola-Shells-for-Moto-G_01.jpg

Advertisement