Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dr Golden

In fairness to 2fm management John Clarkes show wouldn't really fit in with the new schedule. In saying that Larry Gogan at the weekend won't either.

If i was in charge of RTE radio, I would put jc and his jukebox on Radio 1 after the sport on Sunday evenings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Just thought you'd like to know that 2fm and Dan Healy are so worried about this " little" petition page that they had it reported and taken down off Facebook. So much for freedom of speech, but fear not because there's another page up and running already under the same name "keep will leahy on drive time". #bringbackwill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I've been watching various threads here and Facebook where a fan page has gone viral since yesterday with comments from listeners to his show. Setting aside the Will Leahy thing for a minute, John had many people listening to his show across the country who were doing various things with their Sunday as they listened. The one thing stands out for me is his show was actually doing what is was meant to do on a Public Broadcaster, it was providing a public service, something which RTE and Dan Healy seemed to have forgotten. I do not believe for one minute that RTE have taught this whole revamp through. It's not a commercial station, it's a public broadcaster and therefore should provide a public service. What it did yesterday from reading the comments on Facebook is remove that service from many peoples lives. Don't forget we all don't have the comforts of internet, cable tv. Some people like the simple life of the wireless on in the kitchen on a Sunday while they go about their business. It's wrong to think that everyone has every song on their iPod. If that was the case most of the country wouldn't be listening to radio at any time. And that wasn't really what Johns show was about. People liked his music selection but they also liked to text him, listen to him talk about his various pieces of music and life in general and probably the listener could relate to from times past. His show connected with the listener and the JNLRs are the proof in the pudding. This is the theasus for Public Service Broadcasting gone wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Paddy mckenna was awful yesterday compared to will leahy. how they expect Colm Hayes to actually retain Will's audience is beyond me. I think this could be a big mistake but Hayes has to be slotted in somewhere as he probably is on a permanent contract with RTE unlike some of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

I heard today that Electric Eddie was coming home to 2fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

More Music wrote: »
    I heard today that Electric Eddie was coming home to 2fm.

Just like I heard that Val Joyce and Paschal Mooney are too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

I hear the Zig and Zag Show is making a comeback. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GoodGuyDublin 2014

2FM it seems is determined to down its ratings completely!! The "new schedule" is shaping as such -

9am - Tubridy - Blah
    11am - Nicky Byrne - who is going to listen to this? Give him a Saturday/Sunday evening slot kids can listen to
    2pm - Rick O'Shea - not bad in his own right but the painful Cormac Battle makes it a turn off
    4.30pm - Colm Hayes - How can anybody listen to the condescending git?!

The weekend doesn't get much better, only that Will Leahy and Larry Gogan are now there. Aside from that you're left with the annoyance that is Paddy McKenna. How did anybody ever think this annoying git would be appealing to listen to? Sounds like a chipmunk with the personality of a tortoise.

I for one will be making more use of my alternative channels from here on - good bye 2fm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭westmidlands

I hope Jenny Greene's shows stay on the 2fm schedule, I had hoped she would land a weekday slot on the new schedule. 2fm should be a music station and she is an excellent music show presenter.

• Advertisement

I hope Jenny Greene's shows stay on the 2fm schedule, I had hoped she would land a weekday slot on the new schedule. 2fm should be a music station and she is an excellent music show presenter.

She will be co-presenting Mon-Fri 11-2 with Nicky Byrne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

radiofreak wrote: »
    She will be co-presenting Mon-Fri 11-2 with Nicky Byrne.

Hang on - Lottie Ryan has previously been mentioned as a co-presenter...
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Too make it even better Lottie Ryan will be presenting the show WITH Nicky. Oh it just gets worse and worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hang on - Lottie Ryan has previously been mentioned as a co-presenter...

It's Lottie or Louise mcsherreys slot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Louise mcsherry......is that the doll who used to do the breakfast show on iradio a few years ago and writes for the journal??? If so, wow....good bye 2fm!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Louise mcsherry......is that the doll who used to do the breakfast show on iradio a few years ago and writes for the journal??? If so, wow....good bye 2fm!

She did/does the Saturday breakfast show on 2fm already.

It is now confirmed on the 2fm website that Louise McSharry will be on nightly 8/10 followed by Chris Greene and Ciara King who will be on 10\1. Dave Fanning shafted to weekends with Gogan and Leahy and no mention of Dan hegerty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭prunudo

dr Golden wrote: »
    It is now confirmed on the 2fm website that Louise McSharry will be on nightly 8/10 followed by Chris Greene and Ciara King who will be on 10\1. Dave Fanning shafted to weekends with Gogan and Leahy and no mention of Dan hegerty

Safe to say that I won't be switching from Today Fm in the evenings.
    Is Dan Healy on a mission to sink 2fm completely?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

McSharry only on 4 days or has Jenny Greene been moved also?

MYOB wrote: »
    McSharry only on 4 days or has Jenny Greene been moved also?

Hope not, Jenny's Friday and Saturday shows were about the only things I still listened to on 2fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

FFS, Fannings show was the best thing on Radio from a music perspective, dan hegarty gone as well, will be tuning out big time.

• Advertisement

FFS, Fannings show was the best thing on Radio from a music perspective, dan hegarty gone as well, will be tuning out big time.

Dan hegarty isn't gone. It says on the 2fm website he will be on from 1am-4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Press Release about the new evening schedule here

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0213/504139-2fm-announces-new-night-time-schedule/

Here's the current line-up

2fm Schedule Announced to Date:

Weekdays
    7am-9am Breakfast Republic presented by Jennifer Maguire, Keith Walsh and Bernard O'Shea - begins Monday February 17

9am-11am Tubridy

11am-2pm The Nicky Byrne Show

2pm-4.30pm The Rick O'Shea Show

4.30pm-7pm Drive By with Colm Hayes

7pm-8pm Game On

8pm-10pm The Louise McSharry Show

10pm-1am Bottom of the Barrel with Chris and Ciara

Weekends
    Breakfast TBA

10am-12pm Fanning on 2fm

12pm-2pm Weekends with Larry Gogan

2pm-5pm Weekenders with Ruth & Paddy

5pm-7pm The Will Leahy Show

From 7pm TBA

Calling your show 'Bottom of the barrel' is either clever or just asking for trouble.

Looks like Damian Farrelly been bumped off the schedule completely, shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Dan hegarty isn't gone. It says on the 2fm website he will be on from 1am-4am.

Ok, but thats hardly prime time, first that god awful imitation sports show and now this, that means no decent music on any nationwide station in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Fanning ditched from the weekday schedule? If Tubridy switched with Ruth & Paddy it would be like two totally different stations weekday vs weekend. Might this make marketing sense?

jvan wrote: »
    Looks like Damian Farrelly been bumped off the schedule completely, shame really.

I hear he will be presenting the weekend Breakfast show.

Ok, but thats hardly prime time, first that god awful imitation sports show and now this, that means no decent music on any nationwide station in the evening.

His show wasnt live on 2fm even in its old time slot as far as I can remember. It was on 2xm earlier in the day.

Most of the people moaning about the schedule changes on Facebook look to be aged 35+. 2fm has badly need change for years and i agree with most of the changes. What i would do differently though is dispense with the services of Colm Hayes and get a young youth presenter for drive, Move Gogan and Fanning off 2fm completely and re home them on Radio 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Colm O'Sullivan and Paul McLoone play similar style of music on Today FM in the evenings.

Can't wait for Chris and Ciara's new show :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Will give Chris and Ciara's show a chance as I've never heard them before, but the rest of that schedule?... I think I'll refrain from commenting. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement