Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wellyd wrote: »
    God I can't believe Nicky Byrne is going to be in the radio everyday. 2fm are really making it too easy for me to tune to a different frequency.

Any full line up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Nicky Byrne. Holy christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I wish that they'd just announce the full new schedule in one go instead of these drips and drabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

It seems presenters who know nothing about music are the way to go these days. Long live John Clarke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Seren_ wrote: »
    I wish that they'd just announce the full new schedule in one go instead of these drips and drabs.

I was just about to say the same thing. It's getting fairly annoying at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

I hope its not true about Will Leahy departing. His show has craic, variety and decent tunes. His style is easy going and he does bring a smile. They will be weaker without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Hope they ditch dick o Shea and bring over Tony "I'm down with the kids" Fenton

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

These dribs and drabs are appauling, one big re-launch/clear-out would have done the job. Wonder if Hayes is getting the 6am slot? Listening to him in the middle of the morning was enough to make me puke, I couldn't imagine the horror of waking up to him!

Completely forgot about O'Shea. Since Cormac Battle joined in to make it a zany double act I stopped listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Hope they ditch dick o Shea and bring over Tony "I'm down with the kids" Fenton

I used to like Rick oshea. ..I always thought he was really easy going..I think he was on fm104? Or 98?..but since his move to 2fm many moons ago and more particularly in the last few years he's become so annoying. Did he get too big for his boots I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dr Golden

We know most of the new weekday schedule now, Breakfast Bernard,Keith,Jennifer 9 Tubs, 11, Nicky Byrne, Afternoons Rick oshea Drivetime Colm Hayes, After 7 sport, Louise mcsharry late nights Chris Greene and Ciara king

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I really can't face the fact that will leahy isn't going to be there anymore. He really kept me listening to 2fm. Even though it was a drive time show, I was usually in the kitchen making dinner. It nearly resulted in me being scalded, burnt and losing several fingers and a toe trying to cook whilst dancing around like a lunatic! Myself and several family members waltzed around the kitchen to special songs. It just won't be the same without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dr Golden

Himself and Larry Gogan are getting weekend programs
    Slots apparently.
    I really can't face the fact that will leahy isn't going to be there anymore. He really kept me listening to 2fm. Even though it was a drive time show, I was usually in the kitchen making dinner. It nearly resulted in me being scalded, burnt and losing several fingers and a toe trying to cook whilst dancing around like a lunatic! Myself and several family members waltzed around the kitchen to special songs. It just won't be the same without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭westmidlands

dr Golden wrote: »
    We know most of the new weekday schedule now, Breakfast Bernard,Keith,Jennifer 9 Tubs, 11, Nicky Byrne, Afternoons ? Drivetime Colm Hayes, After 7 sport, Louise mcsharry late nights Chris Greene and Ciara king

Didn't hear that Hayes had been confirmed for drive time, if so I really hope his show there is music driven because for me the only good point about 2fm was that they played music between 4.30pm and 7pm while almost every other station is talking. I know there would be some choice in Dublin for music driven radio around that time with FM104 and 98FM plus others but where I live this will just leave iRadio doing music at that time and I am not a huge fan of iRadio.

Will Leahy making an announcement at 5pm. What's the betting his announcement will include something along the line of 'need more time to focus on other roles', ie. like Hector (and Smashie & Nicey), "quitting" instead of being sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Agreed. Will Leahy is IMO their strongest daytime presenter. I cannot bear Rick O'Shea's voice (it's up there (or down there?) with Michael McMullen) and Colm Hayes does nothing for me either. What's with their daft makey-uppy names anyway? I couldn't possibly take either of these chancers seriously.
    Shame, as I liked listening to Will on the way home from work, a nice alternative to the current affairs on most of the other stations, if you discount the puerile iRadio offering.

Will, Larry and Damien Farrelly seem to me to have been the ones into pop music at the station, with Fanning and Hegarty looking after the bedsitters, manic depressives and the remaining rockers who haven't migrated to Nova or Phantom months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Confirmed by Will just now, he's finishing drive time on friday but will return to a weekend slot , being replaced by Colm hayes ...

heybaby wrote: »
    Confirmed by Will just now, he's finishing drive time on friday but will return to a weekend slot , being replaced by Colm hayes ...

And he announced it through very gritted teeth! Doesn't sound one bit happy about it (or his sports guy sidekick).

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

I'd quit on the spot if I was replaced with that elitist muppet Colm Hayes. I think Hayes is arguably the worst DJ on daytime national radio in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Wasn't a fan of will really but my god, this schedule is horrendous. Won't listen to breakfast, won't listen to colm Hayes. That's 2/3 of the 2fm shows I listened to

• Advertisement

Shocked at will leahy going as it seems against his wishes. What exactly did he say about it while ago?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Shocked at will leahy going as it seems against his wishes. What exactly did he say about it while ago?

He was cheery enough about it (but clearly not cheery if you know what I mean) and spoke about how he'd been doing the show for 7 years, having presented the hugely popular Saturday Show before that... he praised the RTE techy guys for making it possible to do it from Limerick and that he was very sad about it all.
    He mentioned that he's been wanting to make this announcement for weeks. He said he was "glad" Hayes was getting the gig as he's one of our own... yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

haro124 wrote: »
    Wasn't a fan of will really but my god, this schedule is horrendous. Won't listen to breakfast, won't listen to colm Hayes. That's 2/3 of the 2fm shows I listened to

The problem with this new schedule already seems to be that old chestnut, 2FM's identity, or lack there of. Having Republic of radio hosting the breakfast slot would I assume be designed to appeal to younger listeners, yet having Tubs in there, conflicts with this. Not sure who Nicky Byrne appeals to. Rick is over 40 and sounds it and Colm hayes over 50, throw in the iradio duo in the evenings and Louise Mc Sharry (as would seem to be the case) and over the course of the day you have a wild variation in demographics 2fm seem to be trying to appeal to.. There would from this schedule appear to be very little coherence as regards a unified station message / brand / pitch / selling point .. which is highly ironic given Dan Healey is a sales man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

JoeA3 wrote: »
    And he announced it through very gritted teeth! Doesn't sound one bit happy about it (or his sports guy sidekick).

That's jj the dj,he doesn't do sport but will miss the show,between when ray foley left today fm and now will leahy only on sat radio will never be the same again!

heybaby wrote: »
    The problem with this new schedule already seems to be that old chestnut, 2FM's identity, or lack there of. Having Republic of radio hosting the breakfast slot would I assume be designed to appeal to younger listeners, yet having Tubs in there, conflicts with this. Not sure who Nicky Byrne appeals to. Rick is over 40 and sounds it and Colm hayes over 50, throw in the iradio duo in the evenings and Louise Mc Sharry (as would seem to be the case) and over the course of the day you have a wild variation in demographics 2fm seem to be trying to appeal to.. There would from this schedule appear to be very little coherence as regards a unified station message / brand / pitch / selling point .. which is highly ironic given Dan Healey is a sales man.
    Isn't Dublin their big target? I presume thats why they have Nicky and kept Colm.
    I'm 18 but theres no chance that i'll waste my time listening to that stuff in the morning. I just don't see how it'll work, Republic of Telly just toned down?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I used to like Rick oshea. ..I always thought he was really easy going..I think he was on fm104? Or 98?..but since his move to 2fm many moons ago and more particularly in the last few years he's become so annoying. Did he get too big for his boots I wonder?

Rick was good on drive IIRC, but when he moved to the earlier times I lost interest in him completely.

Gutted about Will Leahy. His was the only show I listened to on 2FM with any regularity. There is now literally no good drivetime show where I live. Matt Cooper is bearable, but tbh I'm rarely in the mood for politics in the evenings.

Real shame. :(

I wonder how long he'll work weekends? I mean, he'll now be working 6-7 days a week depending on whether his show is Sat/Sun or just Saturday.

I guess on the upside, I'll get to listen to him even more regularly now.

Re this rumoured lineup so far -> My good god...

Too make it even better Lottie Ryan will be presenting the show WITH Nicky. Oh it just gets worse and worse!

I actually would've liked Damian Farrelly to get something. His morning show gone, Leahy getting his 5-7 slot aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Colm Hayes on drive time. ..good jesus. ..the last thing I want on the way home from work is to be patronised and talked down to. If I wanted that id commute with me mother :D

I suppose he brings his own platform? So no more special song/school disco etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

RTE should shut the station down or sell it off, this schedule is ridiculous every show targets a different demographic. Tubridy is a problem for them too if the breakfast show went straight in to the Nicky Byrne thing I'd imagine that would appeal to the demographic they're targeting. Instead Tubs comes on and all the young people they supposedly appeal to change the station. Then at 11am when Nicky Byrne comes on and the housewives switch off and its supposedly for the young folk again. Bat **** crazy scheduling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement