Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Does Dan Healy expect teenagers and people in their 20's to suddenly switch from iRadio, Beat, Spin, 104, 98 to 2FM just because they've changed the music policy and signed up a few 'presenters'?
    2FM will be always known as the station the whole family listened to. It's worse than Today FM trying to attract a new audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dr Golden

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    When do Chris and Ciara start? Or have they already?
    March 2 afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Radio is for life

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    When do Chris and Ciara start? Or have they already?

I believe they are starting next week and it will be interesting to see how well that goes and hopefully it wont be the car crash that breakfast has become with too much going on. Its like that scene in "The cat in the Hat" when the kid points to the talking goldfish and Mike Myers says "yes amazing the fish is talking but is he really saying anything". I was quite surprised with the announcement that they were going to 2FM as i had subjected myself to them on one or two occasions on iRadio and that was regretful but maybe they have improved since and the slot will suit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Was this evening Dave Fanning's last show from 8 to 10?

What is John Clarke's role now in RTE Radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

u-turn on Donal Dineen's show it seems. on 2XM at the same time as before, Fridays 10am-1pm, with the repeat on 2fm on Sunday nights/Mon morning at 1am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Turn the radio on

u-turn on Donal Dineen's show it seems. on 2XM at the same time as before, Fridays 10am-1pm, with the repeat on 2fm on Sunday nights/Mon morning at 1am.
    Odd that they would do a "U turn" on a show that there was no campaign to save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Chris and Ciara's new show starts on Sunday night at 10. Can't wait :D It's on Sundays to Thursdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

This may actually be the only new show on 2FM that works.

Chris is a really talented guy, he and Ciara work very well together.

99% of posts on here are negative about the new 2fm schedule but 99% of posts on here are also negative about The John Murray show and Ray D'Arcy show, yet they are the most listened to radio programs in the country.

All the new schedule is published now except weekend breakfast and the early show ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Warningsign

Very interesting article in the Phoenix magazine this week about Dan Healy. Makes for interesting reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Very interesting article in the Phoenix magazine this week about Dan Healy. Makes for interesting reading.

Briefly, What does it say.....no point teasing us. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39,681 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So mark McCabe is getting his own gig on Fridays at 8pm according to the official 2fm twirler account.

All the new schedule is published now except weekend breakfast and the early show ?

Early weekend show ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Early weekend show ?

I mean the weekday 6-7am show that Damian Farrelly used to do. Don't think a permanent presenter has been appointed to it.

I mean the weekday 6-7am show that Damian Farrelly used to do. Don't think a permanent presenter has been appointed to it.

Alan McQuillan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Caledonman

99% of posts on here are negative about the new 2fm schedule but 99% of posts on here are also negative about The John Murray show and Ray D'Arcy show, yet they are the most listened to radio programs in the country.

Thats very true. Having said that, I listened again this morning for a short while and I tuned in around 8.30 and they were doing some kind of sketch on being considered for to take over as MD of Radio 1 or TV. It was so so bad, it wasn't in any way funny, had no humour in it and was like something thrown together to fill a gap. At present, the breakfast show deserves the negative comments from what I can see and hear so far. Why didn't they just try and poach some of the SPIN presenters? Don't listen to them but they seem to be popular, can't be on big money and would be a calculated gamble from both sides?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Alan McQuillan ?

Lottie Ryan is the new early breakfast presenter for Saturday and Sunday.

reg114 wrote: »

I know she is but the poster I quoted asked about weekdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

reg114 wrote: »

She what?

How can this happen? She has no discernible talent, nor aptitude for radio...

Whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭A.J.Plumb

She what?

How can this happen? She has no discernible talent, nor aptitude for radio...

Whatsoever.

Look! Her Dad worked there didn't he ?

Is that not enough for you ?

Jeeze some people want everything !!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

Q.) Why was there live commentary of a sporting event on 2FM on a Saturday (early) evening?

I'm not sure what the match was but it was on well after the 6 nations game at about 5/6 o'clock.

Saturday Evening - Terrible time to be music less on the radio box!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Q.) Why was there live commentary of a sporting event on 2FM on a Saturday (early) evening?

I'm not sure what the match was but it was on well after the 6 nations game at about 5/6 o'clock.

Aye, I dunno why it wasn't put on Radio 1 LW and/or Online, or even RnaG or something.

But on 2fm? I doubt their new supposed target audience would be interested all that much in women's rugby?

Luckily, this time, it didn't cut into Electric Disco at 7pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

byte wrote: »
    Aye, I dunno why it wasn't put on Radio 1 LW and/or Online, or even RnaG or something.

But on 2fm? I doubt their new supposed target audience would be interested all that much in women's rugby?

Luckily, this time, it didn't cut into Electric Disco at 7pm.

I think 2fm are sponsoring the women's 6 nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If that's true it's about the least appropriate sponsorship 'new 2FM' could be involved with

I've nothing against Womens Rugby, but they should be backing live tours or roadshows.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Exactly.. "I'm 22 and I'm going out tonight, let me put on the radio to see if there's any tunes that'll get me pumped. I'll try 2FM.. There's commentary on.. Let me try Beat.. Dave Cronin is lashing out the tunes, perfect".

There was a Saturday Sport on R1 all day any sport on a Saturday should be on R1 rather than the "national youth/music station".

byte

Thanks. I didn't know that, I wouldn't have thought they'd have had the extra funds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Just found out the Battleaxe is gone on my drive home from work.

Removed 2FM from the presets in my car because i have literally zero reason to listen to it any more.

byte

Removed 2FM from the presets in my car because i have literally zero reason to listen to it any more.
    Yep, moved to Friday nights at 10pm now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Ya. Tuned in this evening to Battleaxe as usual. Expecting to hear some

Indie Anthems and Rock Monsters. Louise Mc Sharry WTF? :eek:

2FM... You've lost yet another listener!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement