Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Craig Doyle in the evenings after drivetime :eek: :eek:

Kidding.

Although I wouldn't put it past them. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dr Golden

I think the plan has badly backfired for 2fm, Nobody seems happy with the new schedule.Will Leahy certainly seems to be more popular than the jnlrs say he is. Nobody seems excited about the Nicky Byrne show.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hes still a practicing solicitor. Coupled with the fact hes not Dublin based and today fm have no limerick studios (afaik) can't see it happening

Communicorp do in Raheen (Spin SW), but physical availabilty of studios may not be on their side depending on how they're set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

bureau2009 wrote: »
    It's getting confusing with changes being announced one by one.

Is anyone actually LEAVING 2FM?

Hector, ahem "left" to pursue TV.

• Site Banned Posts: 1 Handy Jack

dr Golden wrote: »
    I think the plan has badly backfired for 2fm, Nobody seems happy with the new schedule.Will Leahy certainly seems to be more popular than the jnlrs say he is. Nobody seems excited about the Nicky Byrne show.

It's a bad move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Given that there's a daily announcement from 2FM about new schedules I wonder who we'll hear about tomorrow?

Given that there's a daily announcement from 2FM about new schedules I wonder who we'll hear about tomorrow?
    Dave Fanning ?

Grainne Seoige playing 'indie' 7 to 9pm, followed by sister Sile playing 'alternative' till midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Maura Ryan playing the poor mouth till noon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

is there any chance they'd axe that awful dance music they play on fri and sat overnights? just relay rte gold!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Dunno, but anyone else get the feeling "matthew Bannister" has taken over 2fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

is there any chance they'd axe that awful dance music they play on fri and sat overnights? just relay rte gold!!

Its the only thing I listen to on 2fm and the electric disco whit jenie is a very slick show. A dj who should be used more. Maybe todayfm replacement for kc

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

Jenny Green replaced toff jock Colm Hayes on his pre-Christmas holiday, the poor fella needed a break after watching people cycle against suicide, in the autumn and she was woeful. She's good at what she does, leave her there

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

thesaurus2 wrote: »
    Jenny Green replaced toff jock Colm Hayes on his pre-Christmas holiday, the poor fella needed a break after watching people cycle against suicide, in the autumn and she was woeful. She's good at what she does, leave her there

Let me guess, she was parachuted into Colm's slot to do a talk show when clearly she's a music DJ? I mean, what could possibly go wrong eh?

*sigh*

Will Leahy's last show last night. Finished off with this, which I thought was quite nice. Will miss his show a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

telecinesk wrote: »
    Dunno, but anyone else get the feeling "matthew Bannister" has taken over 2fm?

No, if that was a true simile it would be a far more drastic makeover, not an ineffectual movement of the Titanic's deckchairs.

Anybody else think it's pathetic that 2fm are acting as if their new schedule is the third secret of fatima or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

The only reason I tuned in this morning was because Rick was on instead of Tubs. Tubs should have been number 1 out the door instead of messing with shows people actually liked listening to. How he still has a job on tv and radio is beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

I guess the deciding factor of these "improvements" will be next jnlr's and the physical revenue generated by their advertisers? Im no accountant but I assume that stuff matters even if rte is "still" a public service.`??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CJL

2fm never was and never will be a decent station.
    No matter how much tweaking it gets it will forevermore be a terrible station.
    What exactly is it's demographic? Also, there is far too much talk on each show and not enough decent music.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

When is relaunch actualy going to happen not that it will effect me much. I listen about 1 hour a week to 2fm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

2FM will never be the same again. The 2 best shows on the station, Irelands Biggest Jukebox and The More Music drive with Will Leahy. Disgraceful Behaviour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

It'll be better!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Did anyone hear Callan Kicks's near the knuckle comments on last Friday's show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rovert wrote: »
    Did anyone hear Callan Kicks's near the knuckle comments on last Friday's show?

Huh?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Huh?

Play at about 13:15...

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A20521432%3A13004%3A07%2D02%2D2014%3A

Callan's impression of Brendan O'Connor was brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

John Clarke quit live on air yesterday. His show was reasonably decent down the years, admittedly I dip in if I am in the car or doing odd jobs around the house with the radio on. It was real music he played.

I loved his comment saying that the only person still playing music on the radio is Larry Gogan.

He hit the nail on the head when he said "Radio now is all about Kim Kardashian, comedians telling jokes and TV celebrities — even last week I was listening to a music radio station and they spent 20 minutes talking about cleaning an oven".

Looks like this is the end of 2fm as we know it.....only a matter of time before it disintegrates with all the changes.

Interesting that he is the producer of the Will Leahy show and is a former head of 2fm.

It blew me away when he said that they found out about their move to the weekend via a press release!!!! :eek:

Relations between the production/presenters and management must be horrendous. Not a happy place to work, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

I'm just listening back to JC now ... He didn't hold back did he ??? I'm glad someone said it rather than all the presenters spouting a different version of the party line !!

I just don't think that the station strategy is very strong ..... Why are they targeting the youth market when overall listenership figures are falling in that category ?? And that segment of the market is already flooded !! Would they not be better to target the over 30 market that are looking for music with a bit of talk radio thrown in ??

I've been listening to 2fm for over 30 years and even though I flirted with other stations over the years, I always came back to 2fm ... I'm so disappointed with this new direction (which seems aimless at the moment)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Any chance of a link to JC? And at roughly what time in the recording is it?

The quotes attributed to him above are pretty spot on. Very, very few stations that play music anymore. Spin SW are good at the weekends, Tony Fenton, Colm O'Sullivan, Paul McLoone... other than that I'm struggling to think of others (obviously there're probably more on Dublin radio).

You can kind of see where stations are coming from though. They know that most people have access to every song they could possibly want to listen to in their pockets now. I guess the thinking is they have to offer something that an iPod can't or people won't listen.

From here

Strange that it hasn't been picked up by the mainstream media....yet.

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You can kind of see where stations are coming from though. They know that most people have access to every song they could possibly want to listen to in their pockets now. I guess the thinking is they have to offer something that an iPod can't or people won't listen.

Your right in that.....I'm shocked that there are people out there who actually care what Kim Kardashian is up to.

The Colm Hayes show with the Lottie Ryan celebrity updates are geared towards that dumbed down demographic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement