Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

Will Leahys show to me axed !
    Ive been listening to his show for years and find it fantastic, his jnlr figures are great, and his on air style unique. Why cant they get rid of Dave Fanning and Larry Gogan !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dr Golden

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Will Leahys show to me axed !
    Ive been listening to his show for years and find it fantastic, his jnlr figures are great, and his on air style unique. Why cant they get rid of Dave Fanning and Larry Gogan !
    They are being moved to weekends too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

have being listening to will leahy for years, every (almost) afternoon....my afternoons are never gonna be the same again :/ he was great company :( so disappointed colm hayes is the replacement...dont think il be tuneing into 2fm...again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Looking forward to Colm Hayes on Drivetime, possibly the only positive to take out of new daytime schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Tubs is the problem child and given his contract with rte and the late late show and the twine that pulls in, he cant be cast to one side. Totally out of sync with the new brekkie team.

The contradictions are woeful and glossed over completely. It will only be a matter of time before this jig saw is reassembled again and agin.

Not for the yoof of today.

Gonna miss will leahy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Will was the only decent thing on 2fm. the school disco was great but I guess thats not going to appeal to 15-24 year olds! I bet this time next year it will be same mess with Nicky Byrne getting bored and wanting to move onto something else...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

redbuck wrote: »
    I'd quit on the spot if I was replaced with that elitist muppet Colm Hayes. I think Hayes is arguably the worst DJ on daytime national radio in the country.
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Too make it even better Lottie Ryan will be presenting the show WITH Nicky. Oh it just gets worse and worse!

Its the least they could do after working her father to death

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

I think the class A drugs in his system played a bigger part in his demise to be fair, if there was any truth to your statement the Ryan's would've had RTE up in court years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ha ha ha so many things wrong with that post but if i go off on one like I want too I'll be perma banned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

bbability wrote: »
    Looking forward to Colm Hayes on Drivetime, possibly the only positive to take out of new daytime schedule

So he does appeal to somebody then :D
    I for one can't stand the guy so it looks like it'll be Matt Cooper for me anymore on the evening commute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

What a lad to replace will. Colm is as dry as they come. There won't be any fun with him at all

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭deise man

I'd say that the best thing rte could do is to get rid of that Dan healy lad. Any of the decisions he made since taking over 2fm haven't worked. Think one of his first decisions was to ban pre 90s music. Taking will leahy off drive time is another crazy decision. I enjoyed his show in the evening. It made for easier listening than the evening current affairs programmes. Judging by the posts on here and on Facebook I think will had a lot of fans. Maybe healy is just making radical decisions in the hope that one will pay off at some stage. Don't think nicky Byrne will be the one!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Might as well put a traffic cone in the studio and leave RCS or whatever they use on auto. It would probably be more appealing than what they will be subjected. Steve K, Ben Murray, Andy Mac, Dave Mac and all the drivetime hosts must've been rubbing their hands when they saw this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

For me, presenters can be so, so different depending on the time-slot they have, so it will be worth waiting to see how all the presenters suit their new places.

Im shocked at the amount of faults everyone on this board seems to have with the new schedule. Why aren't people looking at the positives? 2fm will have live evening programs with young presenters instead of Dave Fanning voicetracking

dr Golden wrote: »
    Im shocked at the amount of faults everyone on this board seems to have with the new schedule. Why aren't people looking at the positives? 2fm will have live evening programs with young presenters instead of Dave Fanning voicetracking

where the feck did you read that? Its colm hayes :rolleyes:

where the feck did you read that? Its colm hayes :rolleyes:
    Im talking about Louise McSharry, Chris Greene and Ciara King who will be on from 8pm-1am

Im talking about Louise McSharry, Chris Greene and Ciara King who will be on from 8pm-1am

I see, apologies. I listen to colm o sullivan on today fm 7-9 pm, hes pretty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

But that's not the time slot most people have a problem with. There aren't actually many complaining about the 8+ times. Most people are mainly p***ed off that Will Leahy is gone.

Wellyd wrote: »
    But that's not the time slot most people have a problem with. There aren't actually many complaining about the 8+ times. Most people are mainly p***ed off that Will Leahy is gone.

seems 99.9% (theres always one) of people are, he posted a message on fb...every comment l read, they were not happy! He really, genuiniley brightened up my evenings :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Wellyd wrote: »

I'm not so exclude me from that opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Why can't they just move existing presenters around the schedule...like putting Tubridy back on breakfast and FINALLY giving Dave Fanning the old G. Ryan slot?? Or giving John Clarke The daily golden hour, with Larry playing the current hits at the weekend?

The existing 2FM audience does not want to hear the iRadio type presenters...the majority audience are still there from the 80s/90s anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

does John Clarke still have the sunday show?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Is Larry still on lunchtimes? Ricochet has stated his show remains unchanged starting at 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

When is the show with Bernard O'Shea and Jennifer Maguire starting?

Larry is moving to weekends. Too
    JoeA3 wrote: »
    Is Larry still on lunchtimes? Ricochet has stated his show remains unchanged starting at 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭bureau2009

It's getting confusing with changes being announced one by one.

Is anyone actually LEAVING 2FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭joi99

Funny that with all the changes going on at 2fm that Dan Healy is ignoring the elephant in the room that is Tubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Will Leahy would be a very decent replacement for KC on Todayfm when he leaves. I'd love that to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Will Leahy would be a very decent replacement for KC on Todayfm when he leaves. I'd love that to happen.

Hes still a practicing solicitor. Coupled with the fact hes not Dublin based and today fm have no limerick studios (afaik) can't see it happening

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement