Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fainthope2310

A bunch of middle aged women and a camp attention seeker are being overshadowed by a 21 year old beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

i didnt mean any personal offence. I was just making the person aware that Im a celbrity relies heavily on editing to make storylines and influence perceptions of viewers. The lucy agenda was made clear before they even entered camp and is the most obvious case of castigation by a production team ive ever seen. I merely was pointing this out. Even the itv crowd have backed down on their anti lucy campaign given the plethora of support and admiration her fellow campmated have given her , clear evidence that they realise they chose the wrong scapegoat.

I meant nothing personal, my statement that being "silly" is a universal expression to how people can be led on by reality tv editing.

Lucy's one comment to Amy about noone wanting her in the camp and saying it in front on everyone like some pumped up bully was enough for me to form my opinion.

Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

i didnt mean any personal offence. I was just making the person aware that Im a celbrity relies heavily on editing to make storylines and influence perceptions of viewers. The lucy agenda was made clear before they even entered camp and is the most obvious case of castigation by a production team ive ever seen. I merely was pointing this out. Even the itv crowd have backed down on their anti lucy campaign given the plethora of support and admiration her fellow campmated have given her , clear evidence that they realise they chose the wrong scapegoat.

I meant nothing personal, my statement that being "silly" is a universal expression to how people can be led on by reality tv editing.

I agree 100% with your comments on the editing. The evidence was there on the interview with Rebecca yesterday, where she went as far as to say this to Laura, the Irish presenter. She basically said how Lucy was her best mate there and that the editing is making her out to be a grumpy git.

However!

I don't think its as black and white as Lucy/Amy. I think both have been victims and instigators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Did Ant and Dec give Lucy a script with lines?

No.

Then the vile hatred she spewed was of her own doing, ditto for Annabel, Mo and Matthew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

No.

Then the vile hatred she spewed was of her own doing, ditto for Annabel, Mo and Matthew.

Exactly, there's only so much that edititing can do, what she said and how she said it was all her own doing. The context may have been editied but not the nasty things she said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Haven't watched last nights show yet but couldn't resist having a read here.

I am gutted about Joey going!! At the start I actually couldn't believe my ears with some of the stuff he was coming out with but now I love him! :(

As for Lucy, can't believe she is still there!

Tasden wrote: »
    Exactly, there's only so much that edititing can do, what she said and how she said it was all her own doing. The context may have been editied but not the nasty things she said.

I disagree.

Editing is a hugely powerful tool in this programme, and can heavily influence results etc, just like media reports, or even the celebrity talking heads that appear after the show. All have opinions that people will gladly listen too and be influenced by (not all, of course).

This is not just Lucy btw, this is everyone and everything. There's a lot that goes on in this camp that we aren't privy to, or only get VT segments of. (Their fashion show is a good example.)

Now....whether this is intentional or not is impossible for me to say. Perhaps most of what goes on in the camp is boring, and they latch on to any controversy they can get. Imagine being thrown in there. The situation, the strangers, the dunny... Tempers will fray and things will get out if hand at times. It's only human.

The only sure thing I can garner is that the only people who know the campmates well enough to judge them (in their specific situation) is the campmates themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Sigh. Why do you think she is jealous? Why is it all about amy? Is everyone in the camp jealous of amy, as they have all voiced similar disgruntlement and irritation at her behaviour. Have you missed this, chosen to ignore it or are you just brainwashed by ridiculous brainwashing! The ITV production team clearly edited the footage to make a "storyline" that may depict Lucy as the strong character in the camp. What is Amy but a selfish young madam with a modelling carreer which will last a few years and not be overly productive financially? Why is she jealous?

And are the rest of the campmates harbouring similar jealousy towards a girl who is naive to the real worls and very me me me.?? Why is it only lucy you choose to pick out?
    Lucy was clearly annoyed with the girl's laziness, self of entitlement, selfishness, greed, and lies. And yes she may have aired her opinion on the glamour modelling world, but her advice was very good, blunt and honest. Girls like Amy need people to be straight with them, and i can guarantee you she will thank Lucy for that advice in time.

Completely agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Sigh. Why do you think she is jealous? Why is it all about amy? Is everyone in the camp jealous of amy, as they have all voiced similar disgruntlement and irritation at her behaviour. Have you missed this, chosen to ignore it or are you just brainwashed by ridiculous brainwashing! The ITV production team clearly edited the footage to make a "storyline" that may depict Lucy as the strong character in the camp. What is Amy but a selfish young madam with a modelling carreer which will last a few years and not be overly productive financially? Why is she jealous?

And are the rest of the campmates harbouring similar jealousy towards a girl who is naive to the real worls and very me me me.?? Why is it only lucy you choose to pick out?
    Lucy was clearly annoyed with the girl's laziness, self of entitlement, selfishness, greed, and lies. And yes she may have aired her opinion on the glamour modelling world, but her advice was very good, blunt and honest. Girls like Amy need people to be straight with them, and i can guarantee you she will thank Lucy for that advice in time.
    You seem to have the same hypocritical(see above professional pics of Lucy posing in her skimpys) opinion as Lucy on pretty girls and the modelling world.
    What has a "modelling career that will only last a few years and not overly productive financially",got to do with anything or anything got to do with the show,you or Lucy.Thats what she does and a lot of actresses careers go the very same way no matter how much flesh they flash in the
    She wants to help her career with this programme,good luck to her,the same as Kian and anybody else is taking advantage of it,and he is trying for all its worth.Myleen Klass has made a great living out of it whereas she would be a struggling classical musician now only for it.

The remark last night about the cameras on her ass was more pure jealous "bitch" that had nothing to do with cooking,eating or contraband and just showed her up to be what she really is,a jealous spiteful fag hag.

I have no problem with what del,David,Steve or Kian says about Amy but Lucy was out to get her from day one based on her views about pretty girls and the modelling world.
    She shut her of from the group with her nasty remarks and made her more withdrawn where she sat outside on the periphery of everything where she would be safer and would not be further confronted, and then she used this(she's not one of us) to gather a witches coven of the girls to join in with her when they saw she would not fight back and just apologise to them the whole time they knew they could get stuck in and this was before any issues came up about contraband.

I would be intrested to see the full editing
    (yes,your not that clever,we do know there is editing:rolleyes:)because as far as I could see the production crew were always cheering and rooting for Lucy when she was mentioned and bood Amy,and the evictees seemed to be allowed avoid awkward questions about their treatment of Amy and were just asked the standard Question,"Amy seemed to annoy you,Why was that"?

Think Amy needs lots of advice from good people but Lucy is tha last person she should take advice from.

ConFurioso wrote: »
    I disagree.

Editing is a hugely powerful tool in this programme, and can heavily influence results etc, just like media reports, or even the celebrity talking heads that appear after the show. All have opinions that people will gladly listen too and be influenced by (not all, of course).

This is not just Lucy btw, this is everyone and everything. There's a lot that goes on in this camp that we aren't privy to, or only get VT segments of. (Their fashion show is a good example.)

Now....whether this is intentional or not is impossible for me to say. Perhaps most of what goes on in the camp is boring, and they latch on to any controversy they can get. Imagine being thrown in there. The situation, the strangers, the dunny... Tempers will fray and things will get out if hand at times. It's only human.

The only sure thing I can garner is that the only people who know the campmates well enough to judge them (in their specific situation) is the campmates themselves.

Ah I know that we don't see everything, I'm not that naive, but editing can't put words in her mouth at the end of the day, just twist them. That's not me saying the others don't say things off camera or whatever I'm just saying she has said nasty things and it hasn't been down to editing, she's said it, how we interpret it may be down to editing but not what she has said.

• Advertisement

Tasden wrote: »
    Ah I know that we don't see everything, I'm not that naive, but editing can't put words in her mouth at the end of the day, just twist them. That's not me saying the others don't say things off camera or whatever I'm just saying she has said nasty things and it hasn't been down to editing, she's said it, how we interpret it may be down to editing but not what she has said.

Very true, and I apologise if I sounded condescending, it wasn't my intention! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Only someone superficial and shallow would think that the dislike of Amy was because of jealousy, it couldn't possibly be because she just isn't a very nice person. Amy only got as far as she did out of sympathy votes,anyone who found her interesting needs to get out more.

tipptom wrote: »
    You seem to have the same hypocritical(see above professional pics of Lucy posing in her skimpys) opinion as Lucy on pretty girls and the modelling world.
    What has a "modelling career that will only last a few years and not overly productive financially",got to do with anything or anything got to do with the show,you or Lucy.Thats what she does and a lot of actresses careers go the very same way no matter how much flesh they flash in the
    She wants to help her career with this programme,good luck to her,the same as Kian and anybody else is taking advantage of it,and he is trying for all its worth.Myleen Klass has made a great living out of it whereas she would be a struggling classical musician now only for it.

The remark last night about the cameras on her ass was more pure jealous "bitch" that had nothing to do with cooking,eating or contraband and just showed her up to be what she really is,a jealous spiteful fag hag.

I have no problem with what del,David,Steve or Kian says about Amy but Lucy was out to get her from day one based on her views about pretty girls and the modelling world.
    She shut her of from the group with her nasty remarks and made her more withdrawn where she sat outside on the periphery of everything where she would be safer and would not be further confronted, and then she used this(she's not one of us) to gather a witches coven of the girls to join in with her when they saw she would not fight back and just apologise to them the whole time they knew they could get stuck in and this was before any issues came up about contraband.

I would be intrested to see the full editing
    (yes,your not that clever,we do know there is editing:rolleyes:)because as far as I could see the production crew were always cheering and rooting for Lucy when she was mentioned and bood Amy,and the evictees seemed to be allowed avoid awkward questions about their treatment of Amy and were just asked the standard Question,"Amy seemed to annoy you,Why was that"?

Think Amy needs lots of advice from good people but Lucy is tha last person she should take advice from.

Eh...ok

ConFurioso wrote: »
    Very true, and I apologise if I sounded condescending, it wasn't my intention! :)

Ah don't be silly! Didn't take it that way at all

No.

So in your own words the "Vile hatred" Lucy spewed, a bit like yourself then. You lose the moral highground when you call someone in your words "cnut" "bitch" and refer to fellow posters as trolls and swear at them.

Lucy is an absolute two-faced bitch!
    Who the **** is voting for that bitch!
    Some people seem to have reading comprehension difficulties in this thread. Or they're just trolling now.

There is a difference between A and B. No matter how many times you point it out and say that you are talking about A, these people continue to argue about B.
    ITS NOT ABOUT THE ****ING CONTRABAND!
    Lucy is no victim, she behaved like a cnut from day 1.

Chill out, its a reality TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭baldbear

I like Lucy because she calls a spade a spade. She was right to say about Amy sticking her arse into the camerato gain as much attention as possible whilst wearing her contrband bikini.

I don't think theres jealousy there just annoyance at how selfish Amy was with her contraband, asking for more food from others who were obviously just as hungry etc. and her general attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

I give up. People just dont grasp the idea and power of tv editing and propoganda . So what if she doesnt agree and like glamour modelling. At least she was up straight with her and not two faced. Have you ever been thrown into an enclosed cauldron with strangers. Do you think that apart from the ten minutes or so of camp footage you see every day that they just go silent and dont interact the rest of the time?????

You keep going on about that lucy is jealous of amy and lucy has it in for amy since day one yet you have given no evidence apart from lucy's comments on the fashion industry, which lets face it after Amys behaviour in camp have been proved pretty bang on.

I guarantee you lucy is amon the most popular campmates within themselves yet you are relying on that illiterate pest joe swash to form your own opinion.

Lucys (and indeed everyonees) problems with amy stemmed from her lack of initiative, her laziness, her aura and declarations of self entitlement, her smuggling, her continued hiding of contraband and lies when approached about it. She is relatively young and even her own father stated she hasa lot of growing up to do.

I wouldnt hold that against her as maturity comes with age. However it is nice to give advice and i guarantee you lucy's words to amy re the industry she is in were borne out of experience and guidance rather than this ridiculous notion of jealousness.

Also, ffs, the comment about the arse was a fairly accurate comment? And clearly tongue in cheek!!! She even burst out laughing when she said it?

Jeez! People must get very offended with the slightest remark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I give up. People just dont grasp the idea and power of tv editing and propoganda . So what if she doesnt agree and like glamour modelling. At least she was up straight with her and not two faced. Have you ever been thrown into an enclosed cauldron with strangers. Do you think that apart from the ten minutes or so of camp footage you see every day that they just go silent and dont interact the rest of the time?????

You keep going on about that lucy is jealous of amy and lucy has it in for amy since day one yet you have given no evidence apart from lucy's comments on the fashion industry, which lets face it after Amys behaviour in camp have been proved pretty bang on.

I guarantee you lucy is amon the most popular campmates within themselves yet you are relying on that illiterate pest joe swash to form your own opinion.

Lucys (and indeed everyonees) problems with amy stemmed from her lack of initiative, her laziness, her aura and declarations of self entitlement, her smuggling, her continued hiding of contraband and lies when approached about it. She is relatively young and even her own father stated she hasa lot of growing up to do.

I wouldnt hold that against her as maturity comes with age. However it is nice to give advice and i guarantee you lucy's words to amy re the industry she is in were borne out of experience and guidance rather than this ridiculous notion of jealousness.

Still doesn't give anyone the right to call you names and say noone wanted you in the camp.

Simple as that.

WHEN did she call her names??? Give me examples, and tell me why they werent warranted at the time? They have all passed remarks about her behaviour, EVERY ONE OF THEM. And they all have been justified. Did you not watch last night for example?

And when did she say noone wanted amy there?? You are making stuff up now!!!

• Advertisement

WHEN did she call her names??? Give me examples, and tell me why they werent warranted at the time? They have all passed remarks about her behaviour, EVERY ONE OF THEM. And they all have been justified. Did you not watch last night for example?

And when did she say noone wanted amy there?? You are making stuff up now!!!

Last night amy was irritating, yes, but that doesn't negate the fact that horrible things have been said previously, and not always warranted.

And no that isn't made up, Amy commented on their last night as a full camp that she was happy that at least the whole camp will be together one last time (after camp saviour) and Lucy said "well we preferred when you weren't here"

Amy has become increasingly annoying but that doesn't negate the fact she was being bullied. I'm not her biggest fan anymore but I still feel badly for the way she was treated and feel she handled it very well.

Hypothetically, how would you have coped with amy's behaviour in camp if you were in an enclosed high tension camp and one person wasnt pulling their weight, was manipulating the rules to suit herself and lying , when it is clear that she had extra swimwear and makeup.
    How would you react when the minimal food you are being given is being threatened by such vanity and self serving. Would you just let it be or would you, like a rational human being, be irritated by it.

I really dont remember her saying that and tbh, this is the first ive heard of this claim that she said rhat to amy re noone wanting her their. Again, i urge you to maybe listen to the campmates and not rely on heavily edited reality tv.

Words and sentences are taken out of context easily to create drama. .

Hypothetically, how would you have coped with amy's behaviour in camp if you were in an enclosed high tension camp and one person wasnt pulling their weight, was manipulating the rules to suit herself and lying , when it is clear that she had extra swimwear and makeup.
    How would you react when the minimal food you are being given is being threatened by such vanity and self serving. Would you just let it be or would you, like a rational human being, be irritated by it.

I really dont remember her saying that and tbh, this is the first ive heard of this claim that she said rhat to amy re noone wanting her their. Again, i urge you to maybe listen to the campmates and not rely on heavily edited reality tv.

Words and sentences are taken out of context easily to create drama. .

Honestly, and I'm not just saying this in a smug way, or because I don't fully understand the situation, I was brought up better than to bully another person or not stand up for someone being picked on. On a daily basis I encounter people who don't pull their weight, who abuse the system, who are selfish, but I'm big enough to let it go (yes even when it negatively impacts me, by all means I'd say it but to actually do what they did, nope) and I'm definitely bigger than ganging up on a person when i know my friends have my back, and making snide comments that make them feel isolated and actually exasperating the whole "hungry, tired, enclosed" scenario for that one person being ganged up on.

The people who were ganging up on her or pandering to those doing so are hardly going to use their newfound airtime to admit to the masses that they're a bully! Some campmates were perfectly able to say objectively that they didn't agree with her behavior, or even like the girl really for that matter, without being childish and nasty to her.

Im pretty sure your definition of bullying is remarkably skewed to suit your argument! Good luck to you in life if thats how you interpret human behaviour!

Just because you choose to ignore the facts doesn't mean you are correct. I don't need Joe Swash to tell me anything. Also, if you are going to call somebody illiterate, at least get your own writing in check first.

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Only someone superficial and shallow would think that the dislike of Amy was because of jealousy, it couldn't possibly be because she just isn't a very nice person. Amy only got as far as she did out of sympathy votes,anyone who found her interesting needs to get out more.

willy-wonka-gene-wilder.jpg

Can you not just accept the fact that amy was way out of line carrying even more contraband,lying to the group,risking food etc..Can you not just accept that is selfish and uncaring and definately would not go down well in a group situation..

Then she cries saying she's been bullied,she would want to grow up a little and see why the group didnt take to her.

Even kian who is very diplomatic and lets a lot of things go,had to say what amy did was not okay at all..

Can you not just accept the fact that amy was way out of line carrying even more contraband,lying to the group,risking food etc..Can you not just accept that is selfish and uncaring and definately would not go down well in a group situation..

Then she cries saying she's been bullied,she would want to grow up a little and see why the group didnt take to her.

Even kian who is very diplomatic and lets a lot of things go,had to say what amy did was not okay at all..

My comments about Lucy/Annabel/Matthew have never had anything to do with their criticising Amy for being selfish or having contraband. I've stated this repeatedly. The bullying started day 1, long before her actions in the camp or contraband became an issue. Of course, those who defend bullying have latched on to later issues such as the contraband or "editing" to excuse the disgusting behaviour directed at Amy.

I'm not sure how else I can make this clear. Would you like me to put it in a letter for you?

No i dont accept that,she didnt pull her weight no.1 which is one of the many reasons the group didnt particularly warm to her at the start,she had a selfish attitude as well,and then going into the programme,she ended up with contraband stuffed in her bag or hidden in other places and what have you..a group who will rightly have their say on her and reserve judgement on her..She really did bring the group down on herself through her actions,in a team you gotta be a team player and not hold things back..She also didnt come across as an honest person to me,she said alfonso said this and that about lucy being a hate campaigner against her,im guessing she concocted this story to take the pressure off herself instead of being honest when she had that talk with lucy and say you know what im sorry and guess what im holding even more contraband..

• Advertisement

Im pretty sure your definition of bullying is remarkably skewed to suit your argument! Good luck to you in life if thats how you interpret human behaviour!

Thanks for the passive aggressiveness. However I think my degree in social studies and my further studies in human behaviour, psychology and my career generally within that field will do more for me in life and my dealings with people than my understanding of the word bullying, not that that has anything to do with a lighthearted debate about a TV show.

As for people saying why can't we accept that amys behaviour is wrong- most of us can and do. We can also objectively disagree with the behaviour of the other camp mates too- which is a lot less serious than stashing a bit of concealer and whining. I think bullying behaviour deserves more discussion than general irritating, immature behaviour. The fact that Amy is immature and the contraband thing is wrong isn't even being debated because most of us are accepting that it is- it has nothing to do with the fact she was bullied.

Advertisement