Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

No i dont accept that,she didnt pull her weight no.1 which is one of the many reasons the group didnt particularly warm to her at the start,she had a selfish attitude as well,and then going into the programme,she ended up with contraband stuffed in her bag or hidden in other places and what have you..a group who will rightly have their say on her and reserve judgement on her..She really did bring the group down on herself through her actions,in a team you gotta be a team player and not hold things back..She also didnt come across as an honest person to me,she said alfonso said this and that about lucy being a hate campaigner against her,im guessing she concocted this story to take the pressure off herself instead of being honest when she had that talk with lucy and say you know what im sorry and guess what im holding even more contraband..

You are really reaching now to find anything to defend the indefensible. The Matthew/Mo/Lucy/Annabel group directed snark at her from day 1. So explain that when at the time, several of the same people had contraband. Obviously wasn't a problem then was it? No doubt you will now use the lazy excuse to defend them. That doesn't hold water either though as the comments had nothing to do with laziness.

So what does that leave? Editing I suppose. Yep, the editors somehow magically made them say the things and that's not what really happened.

Of course that would leave the producers open to a lawsuit, but you can be sure nobody will be suing. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

everal of the same people had contraband. Obviously wasn't a problem then was it? No doubt you will now use the lazy excuse to defend them.

In fairness to the others who had the contraband they stopped when they realised it was endangering their food supply,and took the first warning for the sake of the group..

Ame me meeeeeeeeee on the other hand ...Didnt..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Just because you choose to ignore the facts doesn't mean you are correct. I don't need Joe Swash to tell me anything. Also, if you are going to call somebody illiterate, at least get your own writing in check first.

trust me, there is no issue with my own literacy. I have degrees, a law society entrance and an A1 in honours english leaving cert to support that. Not that i need to justify myself to someone like you. I am writing all these mails on a nokia c300 so any errors are just down to fast typing and a small keypad.

You seem a charming man marcus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

In fairness to the others who had the contraband they stopped when they realised it was endangering their food supply,and took the first warning for the sake of the group..

Ame me meeeeeeeeee on the other hand ...Didnt..

Lucy didn't. She pretended to give all her contraband until she let it slip that "thats most of it" or something like that and then she handed over the stuff she originally tried to keep.

Tasden wrote: »
    Thanks for the passive aggressiveness. However I think my degree in social studies and my further studies in human behaviour, psychology and my career generally within that field will do more for me in life and my dealings with people than my understanding of the word bullying, not that that has anything to do with a lighthearted debate about a TV show.

As for people saying why can't we accept that amys behaviour is wrong- most of us can and do. We can also objectively disagree with the behaviour of the other camp mates too- which is a lot less serious than stashing a bit of concealer and whining. I think bullying behaviour deserves more discussion than general irritating, immature behaviour. The fact that Amy is immature and the contraband thing is wrong isn't even being debated because most of us are accepting that it is- it has nothing to do with the fact she was bullied.

how was i being passive aggressive?? Thats a strong and , frankly, not very nice claim. I was merely stating that your interpretation of bullying based on a less than an hour of footage if you compile all the interactions shown on itv over 3 weeks in an enclosed environment is more than likely erroneous.

I'd interpret bullying as a hate campaign generated against an individual person such as which has been generated against Lucy on forums like these.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the passive aggressiveness. However I think my degree in social studies and my further studies in human behaviour, psychology and my career generally within that field will do more for me in life and my dealings with people than my understanding of the word bullying, not that that has anything to do with a lighthearted debate about a TV show.

As for people saying why can't we accept that amys behaviour is wrong- most of us can and do. We can also objectively disagree with the behaviour of the other camp mates too- which is a lot less serious than stashing a bit of concealer and whining. I think bullying behaviour deserves more discussion than general irritating, immature behaviour. The fact that Amy is immature and the contraband thing is wrong isn't even being debated because most of us are accepting that it is- it has nothing to do with the fact she was bullied.
    Lucy didn't. She pretended to give all her contraband until she let it slip that "thats most of it" or something like that and then she handed over the stuff she originally tried to keep.

that was a joke for goodness sake! Lucy didnt keep anything. How about when david called amy a piece of work? Was that bullying? Or when he called her a cheater, as did kian? Is that bullying? Where does this bullying line end, or is everything lucy says just broken down to find bullying elements. You must all be very very sensitive people.

how was i being passive aggressive?? Thats a strong and , frankly, not very nice claim. I was merely stating that your interpretation of bullying based on a less than an hour of footage if you compile all the interactions shown on itv over 3 weeks in an enclosed environment is more than likely erroneous.

I'd interpret bullying as a hate campaign generated against an individual person such as which has been generated against Lucy on forums like these.

OK apologies if you were offended by my comments. I personally see comments referring to someone's life (no matter how flippant), based on a comment they made in a thread on an online forum, as passive aggressive. Same way you deemed someone else's comments on your literacy as unnecessary, I didn't mean it as an insult towards you as a poster, genuinely. And honestly I have nothing against any posters or whatever, didn't think that needed to be stated on a discussion forum (?), if it does seem that way based on how i debated the comments made about the show, then I do apologise. And apologies if it dragged the thread off course.

As for the definition of bullying I think its fluid and I think it was bullying in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

willy-wonka-gene-wilder.jpg

You're meant to add something to those Willy Wonka meme's, like a quote or a funny quip or something. Better luck next time eh? :pac:

that was a joke for goodness sake! Lucy didnt keep anything. How about when david called amy a piece of work? Was that bullying? Or when he called her a cheater, as did kian? Is that bullying? Where does this bullying line end, or is everything lucy says just broken down to find bullying elements. You must all be very very sensitive people.

As far as I recall she went back out and got more stuff that she intended to keep.

And no I don't consider comments about her behavior as bullying. Whether they be made by her or David or kian. I deem constant snide comments to her face as bullying. Commenting on her career choice and her appearance- assuming she cares more about her looks than her personality (so what if she does tbh) and lecturing her in front of her peers about it. Blatantly blanking her when she spoke to her. Saying she preferred her not being in the camp. Going into the trees to bitch about her and cause more tension. The cackling when other people insulted Amy to her face. The dirty looks and rolling of the eyes. The constant "shes playing a game, she's in it to win it"- they all are. It IS a game!!

Bullying to me is less about how its done and who does it and more about how they're making the person feel and how they react when they see how that person feels.

trust me, there is no issue with my own literacy. I have degrees, a law society entrance and an A1 in honours english leaving cert to support that. Not that i need to justify myself to someone like you. I am writing all these mails on a nokia c300 so any errors are just down to fast typing and a small keypad.

You seem a charming man marcus.

Good for you. I have a PhD in English myself. Maybe you should take your time in future so you can fully illustrate your A1 level competence. It would be a shame if your brilliance was sabotaged by an inadequate mobile phone. As for Joe Swash, he has done rather well for someone you consider to be illiterate. Well done Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

everyone is right and qualified in whatever suits and is great

now is the final tonight or tomoro?

Good for you. I have a PhD in English myself. Maybe you should take your time in future so you can fully illustrate your A1 level competence. It would be a shame if your brilliance was sabotaged by an inadequate mobile phone. As for Joe Swash, he has done rather well for someone you consider to be illiterate. Well done Joe.

the guy has been bankrupt twice in the last two years. Go Joe, indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

or just keep bickering thaths cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    everyone is right and qualified in whatever suits and is great

now is the

Best post in the thread. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    or just keep bickering thaths cool

Wait, I take it back, THIS is the best one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Oh my god, poor David! I would just get weak on the spot if that was me! :O

Kians such a bully, isnt he. And david.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭baldbear

Why didn't Amy even guess the boyband question?The Sneak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

World war 1 ended in 1979? Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Amy's to lazy and spiteful to even try to guess the answer

• Advertisement

I see Lucy has actually admitted the truth after last nights eviction

“The way I’ve come across could be conceived as being really bitchy.”

And then she continues with the poison...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Lucy is one bitter bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Stooped

Check Joey's wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Essex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Lucy is more obsessed with amys looks than anyone else.

Jesus can she not accept some people in life do make it because of their looks.

That's right across the board, its just the way life is, and she has no right to judge anyone if that's their career.

That's right across the board, its just the way life is, and she has no right to judge anyone if that's their career.

It's particularly ironic coming from someone who stripped down to her knickers for photoshoots in the past to show off her silicon enhanced boobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Dilly.

yeah i mean shes an actress...she makes her living by pretending shes someone else!

Good, delighted she's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Yessss Lucy is gone....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭baldbear

Fair play for her honesty and calling Amys bs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

The mock delight at being kicked out. I'm delighted

Advertisement