Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

dahat wrote: »
    The 1gb, likely put Linux on it as he is after XBMC only.
    Have another one lined up to get, playlist maker on Istream been raving about it. €44 delivered.

Any link for that, dahat?
    Was in contact with seller on aliexpress about price on M8S 2GB S812 last night,€70.60, but will throw in NL post for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Invincible wrote: »
    Any link for that, dahat?
    Was in contact with seller on aliexpress about price on M8S 2GB S812 last night,€70.60, but will throw in NL post for that.

I paid €58 for the 1gb from Gearbest, snail post as in no hurry.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6352248088.html

I paid €58 for the 1gb from Gearbest, snail post as in no hurry.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6352248088.html

Doubt you took a chance on the red dress lol

Invincible wrote: »
    Doubt you took a chance on the red dress lol

I'd smash her though.

Proper link is up top, hit VIEW CURRENT PRODUCT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Not sure if this is the box you bought....but there is usually a code with the boxes on Gearbest

This is the code for the 1GB box

Link: http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_67807.html
    Coupon: M82LG, which will bring the price to €48.81 free shipping.

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the box you bought....but there is usually a code with the boxes on Gearbest

This is the code for the 1GB box

Well feck anyway. Payment gone through. Could have saved €10 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

sugarman wrote: »
    Worth going for the 2gb model, only and extra €8 with that code.

That code wont work with 2gb model for me

Slunk wrote: »
    That code wont work with 2gb model for me

Use code MAXY for 6% off:
    http://cart.gearbest.com/m-flow-a-cart.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

On Gearbest the Code M82LM will knock $13.13 of the 2g version of the MXIII brings it down to about €55

banham wrote: »
    On Gearbest the Code M82LM will knock $13.13 of the 2g version of the MXIII brings it down to about €55

Tried it for curiousity, working. :)

• Advertisement

Ahh it LM not LG at the end . cheers folks

Well feck anyway. Payment gone through. Could have saved €10 or so.

Crap, I had posted it earlier on here and opened a thread on bargain forum....pity....could of paid for quick shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Cant be discussed on thread.....PM is ok :P

Can you pm me too thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Offical firmware V002 is out for the Minix. First impressions are excellent. Very stable and responsive. Only problem is with the MINIX xbmc as SMB network share doesn't work but they are trying to fix it. Their xbmc beta 3 still works so you can downgrade to that or just install another version. Fair play to MINIX for sorting out the problems as I wasn't one bit happy with the box for a long time. Not impressed spending all that money to be a beta tester but its now rock solid for me. Bought a Mele deluxe remote for it and its an excellent piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kmrm

I was thinking of buying the box mentioned previously the mxIII m82 on gearbest (I can't link it as i'm a new user) in this thread...would this be a good buy?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

how long is delivery from gearbest this time of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

massy086 wrote: »
    how long is delivery from gearbest this time of the year

I ordered on a Monday, shipped 8 days later on a Tuesday and said 7-15 days so early estimate could be this the end of this week or next. Depends on what your ordering and the delivery method you choose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

kmrm wrote: »
    Anyone any information? Is there a subscription base service for some channels?

Were not allowed talk about them things on Boards.

And nobody wants a very informative thread closed thanks!

kmrm wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying the box mentioned previously the mxIII m82 on gearbest (I can't link it as i'm a new user) in this thread...would this be a good buy for someone who wants to watch football matches and other sports? Do the sports channels come pre-loaded?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks

This box I guess? yes it is perfect for xbmc. Comes preloaded as well with XBMC. I done a small review a few pages back. Also comes with nice launcher to make it easier for the new user.

As per the title of the thread there is no discussion about stream etc on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kmrm

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise it was against the rules...I should of read rules properly...won't happen again!

Edit: don't want ask anything against rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Was thinking of buying a MXIII from gearbest.com for 72 dollars. If I get hit for customs what would the charge be? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Was thinking of buying a MXIII from gearbest.com for 72 dollars. If I get hit for customs what would the charge be? Thanks

I ordered the same one and picked Netherlands post of shipping, I will hopefully have it by the end of this week and if I do i'll let you know what the customs charges are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Usually 23% of value and 7euro An Post fee

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but here goes: Is there one of those Android Mini PCs on a stick (ideally with a built in HDMI connector on one end) that I could remove Android from and put OpenElec on? Bascially I'm looking for XBMC/Kodi on a stick. If it could be powered by a TV's usb port as well I'd be laughing but it's not a deal breaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Cant be discussed on thread.....PM is ok :P

Could you pm me too thanks

This box I guess? yes it is perfect for xbmc. Comes preloaded as well with XBMC. I done a small review a few pages back. Also comes with nice launcher to make it easier for the new user.

As per the title of the thread there is no discussion about stream etc on this thread.

Just ordered one of these. The code for 2gb version is m82lm and I got a further 5 euro off from points I had from buying two android phone last month. 55 euro altogether with nl post.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Be careful buying from geekbuying and shipping DHL. I've just been hit with a charge of 31.20 because geekbuying failed to put the cost of shipping on the invoice.
    Revenue tell DHL to charge vat on shipping at set rates per weight if there is no shipping cost is on invoice. This rate happens to be €68 for an mxiii box. I was told by DHL that revenue dose not allow them to amend the cost of shipping so its pointless sending my paypal invoice.

Be careful buying from geekbuying and shipping DHL. I've just been hit with a charge of 31.20 because geekbuying failed to put the cost of shipping on the invoice.
    Revenue tell DHL to charge vat on shipping at set rates per weight if there is no shipping cost is on invoice. This rate happens to be €68 for an mxiii box. I was told by DHL that revenue dose not allow them to amend the cost of shipping so its pointless sending my paypal invoice.

On the most recent shipping I got with DHL they had an email address on the back to send in information if you did not agree with the price assigned to it for VAT. I would guess if you send the link to the product they can only charge for VAT on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

On the most recent shipping I got with DHL they had an email address on the back to send in information if you did not agree with the price assigned to it for VAT. I would guess if you send the link to the product they can only charge for VAT on it?

Normally thats the case but Ive been told by Dhl that customs will not allow them to amend the shipping rate regardless of documentation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

When buying from gearbest (getting the MX3 2gb version) - is it safer to expedited shipping or just go flat shipping through NL post?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement