Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

kleefarr wrote: »
    This arrived this morning. showbox and xbmc installed. iptv configured now.
    Delighted. :D

If you get booted our of add ons while watching films or shows just disable the EPG on live TV. Quite common issue with Live TV and android

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Just wondering where Tinydeals is based? will it get hit with VAT?

Based in China, but they have a UK warehouse for some items. At this time of the year, it's hit an miss whether or not you'll get hit, I'd use PostNL for that, and hope it passed. If it does get hit, you'd be looking at ~ €13.
    donegal. wrote: »
    i have to buy a kris kringle present.
    what box would you recommend for a max budget of 50euro?

i would probably only be used for xbmc and would need quite good wifi. i dont mind sticking a few add-ons onto it , but would prefare not to have to flash roms etc.

MX2 (mx amlogic 8726) with XBMC Linux installed.
    You could pick it up from China for €30 + shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Allyall wrote: »

could you recommend a site (that would definitely have it here by xmas)

Based in China, but they have a UK warehouse for some items. At this time of the year, it's hit an miss whether or not you'll get hit, I'd use PostNL for that, and hope it passed. If it does get hit, you'd be looking at ~ €13.

Where?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

dahat wrote: »
    Where?

I ordered one of them last night. 59 dollars delivered on alieexpress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

could you recommend a site (that would definitely have it here by xmas)

Amazon.de have a very good box in their Lightening Deals at 8.00pm tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Does anybody know if you can connect bluetooth speakers to an android box (minix neo x5 mini) to boost sound on tv. Or am I a complete numpty.

Does anybody know if you can connect bluetooth speakers to an android box (minix neo x5 mini) to boost sound on tv. Or am I a complete numpty.

There's Bluetooth on the boxes, but I'm not sure if speakers would work on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

Could you not use an optical cable and use a soundbar under tv, saw a 32" Bluetooth unit in Aldi lately reduced in cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Amazon.de have a very good box in their Lightening Deals at 8.00pm tonight.

have you a link????

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    Could you not use an optical cable and use a soundbar under tv, saw a 32" Bluetooth unit in Aldi lately reduced in cabinet.

Ill have a look in my local aldi, do you remember how much it was?

It was reduced to either €39 or €29, 3 year warranty.
    If I find it in emails later, will post image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I spotted this one on amazon earlier when I was searching for ayamaha sound bar. for about 43 it looks ok.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-VSB207BT-32-Inch-Theater-Sound/dp/B00C5AW7ZO

I spotted this one on amazon earlier when I was searching for ayamaha sound bar. for about 43 it looks ok.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-VSB207BT-32-Inch-Theater-Sound/dp/B00C5AW7ZO

Thanks for that. It says used though and id be a bit wary. Will check the aldi one out.

Thanks for that. It says used though and id be a bit wary. Will check the aldi one out.

This is what it looks like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Any idea if this box will run openElec

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_67807.html

Any idea if this box will run openElec

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_67807.html

Don't know if there is an Openelec build for that version yet, but there is an AMlinux build.
    There is an openelec for the 2GB version, but I don't remember seeing one for the 1GB..

If you do try the AMLinux -
    Special notes for MXIII 1Gb device:
    Install is with sdcard, however, you might not see any progress or you will see scrambled screen during install process. For some reason Android recovery system is not shown on screen. Once installed, device will reboot into AMLinux.

There is an Openelec build coming, but I haven't heard anything in a while. I also wanted it for the MXQ 1GB.

Just saw this -
    http://xbmc.ru/forum/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=4587

Don't know if there is an Openelec build for that version yet, but there is an AMlinux build.
    There is an openelec for the 2GB version, but I don't remember seeing one for the 1GB..

Is this the 2GB version you are talking about?

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_67822.html

Thanks

i need a bit more help.
    i've been looking on aliexpress for one of these. How the hell do you pick, how do you pick a seller and how do you change the delivery option (and to which one)??

• Advertisement

Is this the 2GB version you are talking about?

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_67822.html

Thanks

Sorry, just saw that now. Yep, that's it.
    i need a bit more help.
    i've been looking on aliexpress for one of these. How the hell do you pick, how do you pick a seller and how do you change the delivery option (and to which one)??

They seem to have gone up a bit, some of it may be currency fluctuation, but they're definitely more expensive than a short while ago.
    I purchased one roughly two weeks ago for < €48 delivered within a week.

You may have a better chance tomorrow.

I'd try THESE first, but you will probably have to talk to a seller via chat to get more realistic shipping rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Amazon.co.uk have a DroidPlayer Dual Core Android TV Box Media Player with XBMC Streamer in their Black Friday offering at 10.00am tomorrow (Friday). Is currently priced at £70.00. Should be back to mid 50s in the offer. Despatched by Amazon, so no worry about Customs and carriafe to Ireland is free. Here is a link to the item http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FCK8APA/ref=gb1h_img_c-3_2147_c75b568c?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=086BT76DYW01C4P95369&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=560262147

Might suit someone.

Amazon.co.uk have a DroidPlayer Dual Core Android TV Box Media Player with XBMC Streamer in their Black Friday offering at 10.00am tomorrow (Friday). Is currently priced at £70.00. Should be back to mid 50s in the offer. Despatched by Amazon, so no worry about Customs and carriafe to Ireland is free. Here is a link to the item http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FCK8APA/ref=gb1h_img_c-3_2147_c75b568c?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=086BT76DYW01C4P95369&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=560262147

Might suit someone.

its available now at 50quid. is that good value ?

Amlogic A9 Dual Core Neon HD CPU
    - Mali400 Quad Core High Performance 3D GPU
    - 1GB RAM (DDR3)
    - 8GB Total Internal Storage

its available now at 50quid. is that good value ?

Amlogic A9 Dual Core Neon HD CPU
    - Mali400 Quad Core High Performance 3D GPU
    - 1GB RAM (DDR3)
    - 8GB Total Internal Storage

its £50 so 63 euro. The spec is low compared to Gearbest/chinese websites.

Advantage is you will get quicker and won't get hit with customs.

But even with customs I think you would get spec from Gearbest/chinese

I dont know anything about the firmware etc on the box.

Some of the comments seem funny

"Great until the software deleted... whoever was the programmer quit and took the software that the box needs to watch tv and movies... there is no mashup.. so really now im stock with a box and can only you tube "

"To claim this is worth the same price as a Roku or WD TV live or Amazon Fire TV is absurd. Within 1/2 hour of use it is clear it is not up to the task. The remote is next to useless, the speed of the wired Ethernet is painfully slow so that to even compile my XBMC library took an hour and that was with metadata stored on the server and read from .nfo files!"

Apart from that a number of people saying the software is crap and it more or less shuts itself off after a few days.....

If you know how to flash would be worth checking if there is ROM's available out there

I wouldn't spend my cash on it....already have a overpriced Minix X8-H with dodgy firmware

I think like the addons and apps, there are too many.. :)
    There seems to be a few new models/versions out every day.
    Anyway, this won't suffer from the same problems as the M8, as it isn't made by the same people. It has the newer hardware and includes a free mouse and Flash drive while this offer is running (Up to Dec 4th).
    Netherlands Post (PostNL) should get it here pretty quickly.
    QFdDYie.jpg?1

The 2GB version of that is on Aliexpress now, M8S S812 2GB

Waiting on a package from China.

The location is showing as IMBOMA. Status leaving transport hub.

Does anyone know what this means?

Bought the MX box linked here from Gearbest pure impulse as i meant to buy another box from Allexpress. Ah well. At least I know a mate will buy it once I set it up for him.

dahat wrote: »
    Bought the MX box linked here from Gearbest pure impulse as i meant to buy another box from Allexpress. Ah well. At least I know a mate will buy it once I set it up for him.

Which one you buy? the 1GB or 2GB?

• Advertisement

Which one you buy? the 1GB or 2GB?

The 1gb, likely put Linux on it as he is after XBMC only.
    Have another one lined up to get, playlist maker on Istream been raving about it. €44 delivered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement